Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 10-24-2020, 07:06 PM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1300 Post(s)
Toffee has a reputation beyond reputeToffee has a reputation beyond reputeToffee has a reputation beyond reputeToffee has a reputation beyond reputeToffee has a reputation beyond reputeToffee has a reputation beyond reputeToffee has a reputation beyond reputeToffee has a reputation beyond reputeToffee has a reputation beyond reputeToffee has a reputation beyond reputeToffee has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,837.64
Total Points: 57,583.98
I must defend Eddie LMAO - "red This is Eddie Hearns cock. You love it you slag. - "red Yer alright - Marchegiano 

I never quite understand why people say MMA is better than boxing because the best fight the best. Professional tiddlywinks probably has the best v the best - does it make it better than boxing?

It's a shame that Boxing sufferers with all the things you mention, but it's still brilliant.

Basically, MMA is crap.
Toffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:28 PM #12
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1046 Post(s)
Scopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond reputeScopedog has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,970.54
Total Points: 36,673.78
Excellent post, brother.  Spot on. - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Even with all of boxing's BS there are still good and entertaining fights to watch on a regular basis (well, semi-regular since covid.) I concede that MMA's setup is far superior insomuch that the best matchups get made much more consistently, but even with that I just can't get into it. Every MMA match I've made the effort to watch, whether on TV or even a couple that I've seen in person, ended up being boring or confusing or annoying to watch, if not all 3 at once. Maybe it's just not for me, but I feel like there's just no artistry to it. It's just an ugly and awkward style of fighting. Right now I'm watching a few of Chocalatito's fights prior to his losses to SSR and it's sublime to watch, with the fluency of his footwork and the combinations he throws. I feel like UFC has nothing that can match something like that.

I do wish that boxing had what UFC has going for it in terms of setup but even without that and all the corruption, tedious promoter politics and drama queen garbage from fighters that we do have I still prefer boxing.
Scopedog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:48 PM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 549 Post(s)
CauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 229,499.63
Total Points: 242,243.98
Cheers, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony Loma Ruins Lives - Tony Trick-Pony Stay cool, my brother - Tony Trick-Pony Thanks, bro! - Tony Trick-Pony No Message - Tony Trick-Pony 
Let's go champ! - HeadBodyBodyBody 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffee View Post
I never quite understand why people say MMA is better than boxing because the best fight the best. Professional tiddlywinks probably has the best v the best - does it make it better than boxing?

It's a shame that Boxing sufferers with all the things you mention, but it's still brilliant.

Basically, MMA is crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopedog View Post
Even with all of boxing's BS there are still good and entertaining fights to watch on a regular basis (well, semi-regular since covid.) I concede that MMA's setup is far superior insomuch that the best matchups get made much more consistently, but even with that I just can't get into it. Every MMA match I've made the effort to watch, whether on TV or even a couple that I've seen in person, ended up being boring or confusing or annoying to watch, if not all 3 at once. Maybe it's just not for me, but I feel like there's just no artistry to it. It's just an ugly and awkward style of fighting. Right now I'm watching a few of Chocalatito's fights prior to his losses to SSR and it's sublime to watch, with the fluency of his footwork and the combinations he throws. I feel like UFC has nothing that can match something like that.

I do wish that boxing had what UFC has going for it in terms of setup but even without that and all the corruption, tedious promoter politics and drama queen garbage from fighters that we do have I still prefer boxing.
Bingo X2 !!!

Also keep in mind this TS said he's 20 years of age. Somebody following boxing since 1980 - 85 has quite a different perspective than some kid right out of high school. MMA wasn't around in 1985, not mainstream anyway.
They are two different sports with different skillsets albeit both combat sports. Even when the best fight the best, I don't feel the drama when watching a UFC event. Sure I could complain about the politics of boxing if I wanted to, but why be a complainer.
To each his own. Watch what you wanna watch and nobody's forcing you ....
CauliflowerEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:52 PM #14
The Truth Hurts

Quoted: 5437 Post(s)
sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,429.74
Total Points: 140,068.29
good posts, here's a gift. - chiguy91 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - CTC JOHNNY CHEERS! - anthonydavid11 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 

I've posted before, even as a Super Hardcore Long Time Boxing Fan...

UFC Cards and PPV's As a Whole are often times 10x Better than Most Boxing Cards!

Boxing Fans PRIDE have them in Denial of a clear SHIFT in Popularity in Combat Sports but Ratings and PPV Buys are Confirming that UFC/MMA have Surpassed Boxing in Popularity here in America
sicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:03 PM #15
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 549 Post(s)
CauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond reputeCauliflowerEars has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 229,499.63
Total Points: 242,243.98
Cheers, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony Loma Ruins Lives - Tony Trick-Pony Stay cool, my brother - Tony Trick-Pony Thanks, bro! - Tony Trick-Pony No Message - Tony Trick-Pony 
Let's go champ! - HeadBodyBodyBody 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post
I've posted before, even as a Super Hardcore Long Time Boxing Fan...

UFC Cards and PPV's As a Whole are often times 10x Better than Most Boxing Cards!

Boxing Fans PRIDE have them in Denial of a clear SHIFT in Popularity in Combat Sports but Ratings and PPV Buys are Confirming that UFC/MMA have Surpassed Boxing in Popularity here in America
Yep, ya right. 'Cept I'm not really sure that anyone is in "Denial". Most of the boxing fans I see here pretty much acknowledge the popularity shift and ratings fall off.

It is what it is. In 25 years we'll see how many or how few new boxing fans emerge. Like this TS, most 20 yr olds will prefer MMA/UFC. It's more popular to the younger generations. No denying, really.
For some reason, most younger cats can't appreciate the sweet science of boxing and older traditional fans relate less to the martial arts/grappling style. And yet others still, who enjoy them all. It's all preference and opinion.

Ultimately, it's just petty and ignorant to come on a forum specifically to bad mouth or denigrate one sport or the other. So for me, any rebuttals to this boxing criticism get a pass. The TS publically declared "boxing sucked, was boring, etc etc, and EFF boxing.
If you want to engage in a healthy discussion that's one thing. Starting a thread to provoke discord, disrespect, and act catty, is another.
Kudos to those that responded reasonably.

Last edited by CauliflowerEars; 10-26-2020 at 05:26 PM.
CauliflowerEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:08 PM #16
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1825 Post(s)
TheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond reputeTheMyspaceDayz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 35,430.87
Total Points: 73,273.81
No Message - HeadBodyBodyBody Go Australia 💪 - BLASTER1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybox222 View Post
kudos to dana. the best fight the best on a weekly basis.

boxing has too many belts, divas, marinating, the list goes on.

I'm 20 years old and watching boxing is like watching paint dry. I want some action.

screw boxing.
I remember being young and dumb as well. Not quite this dumb because eeesh, buddy. The future doesn’t bode well for you.
TheMyspaceDayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:24 PM #17
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Get em up has a reputation beyond reputeGet em up has a reputation beyond reputeGet em up has a reputation beyond reputeGet em up has a reputation beyond reputeGet em up has a reputation beyond reputeGet em up has a reputation beyond reputeGet em up has a reputation beyond reputeGet em up has a reputation beyond reputeGet em up has a reputation beyond reputeGet em up has a reputation beyond reputeGet em up has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,587.21
Total Points: 28,987.38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
Then get your queer ass out of here. No faggots rolling around on the floor, feeling up one another in boxing.
Green k sent.... if a man picks MMA over boxing he obviously has gay tendencies IMO
Get em up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:32 PM #18
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 769 Post(s)
ThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond reputeThatDude44 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,865.34
Total Points: 24,802.05

MMA is backyard brawling outside of a few fighters. Only fighters I care to watch are Jones, Khabib, and Adasanya. There's tons of fighters I care to watch in boxing. MMA has a bunch of no defense brawlers with 21-13 records and they'll call it a stacked card.
ThatDude44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:37 PM #19
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3173 Post(s)
richardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond reputerichardt has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,050.75
Total Points: 72,286.19
great poster - thuggery Props for cutting for Roy Jones - Boxing Goat Great poster - Boxing Goat first ballot hof poster - sugarsmosley Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu 

Good riddens, leave the site and dont let the door hit you in your ass on your way out!

Last edited by richardt; 10-24-2020 at 08:40 PM.
richardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:37 PM #20
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 345 Post(s)
darius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond reputedarius45 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,149.87
Total Points: 14,688.22
Rigo-Loma Promoter! - CubanGuyNYC Never say die! - CubanGuyNYC 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'b' View Post
UFC has more good fights as it is one organisation and the best are made to fight the best, but boxing still has some insane fights made from time to time. If you aren't a fan of boxing you aren't a fan, no-one can convince you otherwise. We stick around for the good fights, not to make excuses for the politics and BS. Real boxing fans are the most critical of boxing because we understand how bad it is at times but for the love of boxing and for the love of seeing the best fight the best, and for the most technical stand-up striking to be found.

The sweet science either captures you or it doesn't, I still enjoy MMA but there are many bum fights in MMA as well what with the laying and fence stalling and frankly at times, ATROCIOUS technical/athletic ability.
Well said... While we get less really good fights in boxing than they do in MMA, when we do, the skills/athleticism on display completely blows MMA out of the water.
darius45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends