Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 10-09-2020, 12:29 AM #1

Quoted: 4482 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,000.24
Total Points: 124,859.10
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 
Default St-Pierre still undecided on comeback, reveals conditions required to fight Khabib

Georges St-Pierre may be retired, but that doesnít mean heís given up on fighting again.

The former welterweight and middleweight UFC champion hasnít competed for nearly three years after calling it a career in 2017. But he continues to train as if he will eventually make a return to action.

At 39, the Canadian superstar knows that time waits for no one, and thatís apparently a driving force behind the motivation heís feeling about a potential comeback.

ďWhy step back in, but why not step back in?Ē St-Pierre told TSN on Wednesday. ďWe only live once. So thatís the question that Iím facing now. If I have an opportunity to do it and all the stars are aligned and I donít do it. Iíve still got it. I would say Iím still in my best years. Will I regret when I reach 50 years old? Will I tell myself I wish I had done that and I did not do that.

ďIt was an opportunity of a lifetime to fight a guy [in Khabib Nurmagomedov] whoís undefeated, whoís never been beat and I could have been the first. I donít know. Sometimes I feel like, now with COVID the situation is different, but when I train, I still get it. Iím very confident. If you would ask right during training or before training, Ďhey would you like to fight again?í I would be like Ďyeah, letís do it. Iím down.í Then after I go home and everything, after a hot shower then you go home, things calm down and the adrenaline calms down and you ask me would you like to fight and Iím like I donít know, Iím not sure about it. Iím good where I am. Iím comfortable. Iím satisfied. Satisfaction for an athlete is the death. Youíre done. Youíre finished when youíre satisfied.Ē

Prior to his retirement, St-Pierre had attempted to book a fight against Nurmagomedov, who is the defending UFC lightweight champion. The conversation with the promotion never seemed to go very far, however, which ultimately led to him making the decision to hang up his gloves.

As of now, he admits that it would take a lot for him to decide to fight again, but St-Pierre is still leaving the door open if the opportunity to face Nurmagomedov came back around again.

ďIn order to come back, Iím in the mental state where Iím not sure,Ē St-Pierre said. ďThe stars would need to be all aligned perfectly. More than two years ago, itís already almost three years, we tried to make the fight with Khabib. I wanted to go all in. I was ready for it. Anything goes. I was all in. Now things have changed. Three years have gone by, COVID and all that, I kind of let go of the idea of coming back to fight. You know what I mean?

ďSo I would need to put me back in a different warrior mode. Cause when I fight, my brain doesnít function the same way than when Iím in normal life. Maybe itís because of my obsessive compulsive thing that Iím so focused on it like nothing else matters. Iím only focused on one thing and itís to win and what I need to do to win. I need to achieve it and do it at all costs. I need to rewire myself if I get to fight again.Ē

One of the biggest obstacles that kept St-Pierre from landing the fight with Nurmagomedov the first time around was the UFCís unwillingness to book him in a lightweight title bout knowing that even with a win, he would likely vacate the belt and retire again.

That would undoubtedly create chaos in the 155-pound division, but St-Pierre might have the perfect solution. While heís said that getting down to lightweight is possible, he could see a catchweight scenario where both he and Nurmagomedov are forced to sacrifice something in order to level the playing field.

ďThereís a lot of infrastructure problems in the weight class,Ē St-Pierre explained. ďHeís fighting at 155. I know I can go at 155, but the problem is now Iím 39. Three years have passed [since my last fight]. I havenít cut weight for a long time. If I go down to 155, my performance will be compromised. I know Khabib is the same size as me, heís maybe bigger than me when heís off season. I never got up to 200 [pounds]. Iím at 185. So that turns to his advantage if we cut more weight, heís able to bounce back more than I am. Heís used to it.

ďIíve never been a fan of cutting weight. Even when I was a welterweight, I was 185. Most guys are much bigger than 185. But thatís one of the things in the principles of the art of war. Know the terrain. I donít know. Iíve never fought at 155. He knows. I believe to make it fair we need to fight in a place where weíve never been, both of us. That would have to be a condition to me coming back if it happens.Ē

UFC President Dana White has largely discounted high-profile catchweight bouts in the past, so itís not likely he would suddenly change his mind. But then again, he appeared more open to the potential St-Pierre vs. Nurmagomedov fight in recent months than at any other time in the past.

It remains to be seen if the promotion will actually attempt to secure St-Pierreís services for a return or not. As for Nurmagomedov, heís preparing for a lightweight title fight against Justin Gaethje at UFC 254 on Oct. 24.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 12:54 AM #2
Interim Champion

Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Thunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond reputeThunderstruck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,014.80

Donít see it coming off.Didnt he screw over white by retiring after the last fight when he won the tittle.
Thunderstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:53 AM #3

Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Clegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond reputeClegg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 193,586.90
Total Points: 212,356.78
MMM-My Sharona! - RiZО Have an apple Clegg - danc1984 Yank food is good - mangler jr Chunk cake - It's part of your 5 a day! - Chunk Coffee Is Professional - Loccy 
To make up for that soggy one. - Raider Monkz mhh Alizee is moi lolita <3 - cleaner147 Professional Cookie - Loccy super clegg - Old Coward No Message - -veteran420- 
with love - -veteran420- Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc yum yum pot noodle - Mike_Hunt super e-baller - MANIAC310 
Well deserved, never saw you at history section - HaglerSteelChin It sounds like you need one, LOL - HaglerSteelChin Have some more - HaglerSteelChin Good Man - JimRaynor No Message - Pound4PoundStud 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Scientist Gay and Lesbian Pride - RiΖΟ Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - PensionKiller Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Loccy 
Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANGLER Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Head and Neck Cancer - LeeVanCleef 

Tired of this guy. Waited a decade until a beatable enough fighter held the MW belt, now wants to face a LW. Face a top 5 WW, if you win challenge Usman. Otherwise hope he stays retired
Clegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 02:23 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2847 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,630.69
Total Points: 91,253.11
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 Cheers!!!!! - Outworn No Message - Marchegiano 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
Tired of this guy. Waited a decade until a beatable enough fighter held the MW belt, now wants to face a LW. Face a top 5 WW, if you win challenge Usman. Otherwise hope he stays retired
Yeah I agree. Sounds like he just wants a win over another big name. He's been gone too long, so he should stay retired to avoid tarnishing his legacy.
Anthony342 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:45 PM #5
Banned

Quoted: 2418 Post(s)
Rusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 116,430.24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
No one else could beat Bisping at that point. I get it, Mikey held out for his huge payday, too. But what Georges accomplished was phenomenal.

I would love to see these guys fight. I really don't think there's any reason for Khabib to demand anything below Welterweight. Of course he's never fought there, but he'll have no problem filling out at that weight. Look at Burns, he IMPROVED when he moved up. And since St. Pierre is 40 and has been out of the game for so long, it's absurd to ask him to cut down to a weight class where he has never competed before.
Rusty Tromboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:50 PM #6
Banned

Quoted: 2418 Post(s)
Rusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 116,430.24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
Yeah I agree. Sounds like he just wants a win over another big name. He's been gone too long, so he should stay retired to avoid tarnishing his legacy.
He'll Khabib. And it'll be glorious. I wanna see him kick that ******'s head into the empty audience seating.
Rusty Tromboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:17 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Blue54 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue54 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue54 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue54 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue54 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue54 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue54 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue54 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue54 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue54 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue54 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,783.46
Total Points: 62,957.94

GSP should stay retired at this point he’s got nothing to prove and he been out to long to legit fight a monster like Khabib.
Blue54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:56 AM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2847 Post(s)
Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,630.69
Total Points: 91,253.11
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 Cheers!!!!! - Outworn No Message - Marchegiano 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue54 View Post
GSP should stay retired at this point heís got nothing to prove and he been out to long to legit fight a monster like Khabib.
Plus Khabib doesn't need the fight either. He needs to win this next fight against Gaethje and then to beat Ferguson to cement his legacy as the top lightweight.
Anthony342 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:48 AM #9
The People's Champion

Quoted: 4507 Post(s)
jaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 545,767,902.56
Total Points: 1,208,854,309.85
loving the sig - Alx. gift - Daniel Alpha Happy new year bro! - led* funny poster in the lounge - jas atg poster - jas 
I <3 you! - led No Message - jas thanks bro I didn't even notice - -jose- you got skills - Santa_ Trump! - Ruthless One 
:beerchug: - -jose- hilarious - jas Keep up the good work! - 1bad65 Holidays - TBear Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Cheers brother - Redd Foxx Rightfully... - MDPopescu Cheers, brother. - Redd Foxx Merry Christmas - TBear Salute - Chollo Vista 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jas Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas 

He'll be 40 in May and Khabib would destroy him.
jaded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:28 PM #10
Il Principe

Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,884.04
Total Points: 77,764.46
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
For your anus - desktop 0 For your vagina - desktop 0 For your mouth - desktop 0 LMAO!!! - desktop 0 you like it - desktop 0 
for when your boyfriend is away - desktop 0 here's another - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 
No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 No Message - desktop 0 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

GSP is lying about the weight. He got up to 205 in his prime. I think it was before Hendricks or Condit, he was 205 in-between the lead up to those fights.

But yeah, GSP doesn't need to be fighting anymore. Certainly not at 155. Has he even competed at 155?
F l i c k e r is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends