Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 10-25-2020, 07:56 AM #41
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6355 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,516.06
Total Points: 304,757.45
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- Thanks for the kinds words - Chollo Vista 
I believe that's a Pabst - CauliflowerEars No Message - Marchegiano 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaroku View Post
Publicly hang him!! Whip the other cops for not stopping it.
What is frustrating to me is that there is such an easy solution to solving this problem, but because of politics and power, people are left divided and arguing over punishments to individuals who are predators (Chauvin) but allowed to be by a system that reinforces the behavoir.

Lets take an analogy: If tomorrow all the medical insurance companies left the Earth... we could have hospitals that had to fufill the mandate to provide care under the aegis of medical professionals. The cost would be so low that the price for the product would be easy to give every American ten times over!

There are doctors right now that do not take insurance, use a motel wing as a hospital and can afford to make a mint, and charge people an incredibly small charge compared to the cost of the procedure under insurance: Operations that cost 100 of thousands can be had for 5k...

But we will never be able to get rid of the leeches, the insurance companies and the hospitals that operate for profit INDEPENDENT of taking care of patients... Not profiting by way of insurance scams, upping the price of things like Aspirin...

With police brutality it is the same: Instead of having realistic Use of Force policies, politically minded individuals have created an artificial system that tells cops to shoot at the slightest provocations, does not provide for dealing with people with mental conditions, and does not care about the victims of these dreadful policies.

All it would take to solve the major problems would be to get rid of these individuals who make, support, and enforce these policies. The cops would the be trained in proper use of force policies and the policies would be balanced.

It is all about those in control keeping control.
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:46 AM #42
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 18970 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,931.61
Total Points: 354,883.18
Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody 
Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 
No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey No Message - MinuteMaid5 happy holidays - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeau2 View Post
What is frustrating to me is that there is such an easy solution to solving this problem, but because of politics and power, people are left divided and arguing over punishments to individuals who are predators (Chauvin) but allowed to be by a system that reinforces the behavoir.

Lets take an analogy: If tomorrow all the medical insurance companies left the Earth... we could have hospitals that had to fufill the mandate to provide care under the aegis of medical professionals. The cost would be so low that the price for the product would be easy to give every American ten times over!

There are doctors right now that do not take insurance, use a motel wing as a hospital and can afford to make a mint, and charge people an incredibly small charge compared to the cost of the procedure under insurance: Operations that cost 100 of thousands can be had for 5k...

But we will never be able to get rid of the leeches, the insurance companies and the hospitals that operate for profit INDEPENDENT of taking care of patients... Not profiting by way of insurance scams, upping the price of things like Aspirin...

With police brutality it is the same: Instead of having realistic Use of Force policies, politically minded individuals have created an artificial system that tells cops to shoot at the slightest provocations, does not provide for dealing with people with mental conditions, and does not care about the victims of these dreadful policies.

All it would take to solve the major problems would be to get rid of these individuals who make, support, and enforce these policies. The cops would the be trained in proper use of force policies and the policies would be balanced.

It is all about those in control keeping control.
My sister is a nurse and many doctors do this for people without insurance.
Zaroku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:47 AM #43
Banned

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
HrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 43,663.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
He paid his debt to society yet he was on illegal drugs and using forged banknotes

Clearly a man who had changed his ways.
Yes, clearly a man who had changed his ways. He stopped pointing his gun on pregnant women, just a shame he couldn't lay off the drugs that would've killed him later that night possibly. The cop used the department's protocol, Floyd had so much drugs in him, had the cop not done what he did, experts say Floyd could've died in his sleep later that night. When you think about it, this worked out for Floyd. Because of this, he got like 50 something funerals/receptions, whereas had he never used his fake 20 and none of this ever happened, he would've possibly been found dead in his sleep and his family would've had to pay for a funeral.
HrNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:50 AM #44
Banned

HrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond reputeHrNY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandman View Post
If thats true then they should've just let him die on his own. nobody would care about a junkie. .. But.. kneeling on that junkie's neck for 8+ minutes kinda makes the whole "he was gonna die anyway" thing go out the window.

its like if you're having a stroke and i shoot u in the head.. you were gonna die anyway right?
Just going off of what these experts say about how much drugs he had in his body. But again, the cop did what was protocol, folks might not like it but that is what the protocol is. If only Floyd wasn't lying and lying and lying and then resisted, then maybe the knee to throat wouldn't have been needed.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:05 AM #45
Undisputed Champion

billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- Thanks for the kinds words - Chollo Vista 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HrNY View Post
Just going off of what these experts say about how much drugs he had in his body. But again, the cop did what was protocol, folks might not like it but that is what the protocol is. If only Floyd wasn't lying and lying and lying and then resisted, then maybe the knee to throat wouldn't have been needed.
No... As stated by other cops, formers, use of force experts, etc, there is no "protocal" for a knee to the throat. There are other ways to restrain someone. Better ways actually.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:15 AM #46
Fvcking Up The Game.

Quoted: 14842 Post(s)
travestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,495,294.84
Total Points: 3,722,562.99
pimping ain't easy - SugarKaineHook not sure why your original gift aint shown - SugarKaineHook The troll killer! - JK1700 Job well done! - koolkc107 Boxingscene's Best... Meant to get this to you the other day. Drinks on me - Chollo Vista 
Burger for Troubles. Good discussion... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers, man... - Tony Trick-Pony For exposing Szef.... That was classic - Chollo Vista Toast for handing out L's - Chollo Vista A true legend of Boxingscene - Chollo Vista 
For the unified undisputed champ of Boxingscene. Hasn't been a dude this bad since Roy Jones Jr - Chollo Vista Much respect to you, sir!! - Tony Trick-Pony Merry Christmas - TBear To the end of Covid19 no matter who is in charge come November - JimRaynor 

Quote:
No... As stated by other cops, formers, use of force experts, etc, there is no "protocal" for a knee to the throat. There are other ways to restrain someone. Better ways actually.
Thank you for saving me from having to interact with that scumbag. lol.
travestyny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:21 AM #47
Banned

Quote:
Bottom line, it IS allowed. George Floyd death: Experts say knee-to-neck restraint is dangerous, but Minneapolis allows it

Minneapolis Police Department's policy manual is available on-line and shows that as a protocol.

People don't like the way Floyd Mayweather does his business, but he's allowed to do it, so he does it.

I'm not disagreeing that there are other ways to restrain someone, I'm just saying Minneapolis allows it so he did something which is allowed. Floyd should've never used that fake 20.

Last edited by HrNY; 10-26-2020 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:30 AM #48
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HrNY View Post
Bottom line, it IS allowed. George Floyd death: Experts say knee-to-neck restraint is dangerous, but Minneapolis allows it

Minneapolis Police Department's policy manual is available on-line and shows that as a protocol.

People don't like the way Floyd Mayweather does his business, but he's allowed to do it, so he does it.

I'm not disagreeing that there are other ways to restrain someone, I'm just saying Minneapolis allows it so he did something which is allowed. Floyd should've never used that fake 20.
There is a police manual on line that says it is protocal for a knee to the neck? could you provide that link please?

Where is there a statement that this restraint is allowed? Experts may not cite a reference... they did say it is not the right way to do things. So there is a material difference between a manual stating something about a restraint and an expert opinion.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:32 AM #49
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by travestyny View Post
Thank you for saving me from having to interact with that scumbag. lol.
They come in droves... just as the seasons change...
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Old 10-26-2020, 11:41 AM #50
Fvcking Up The Game.

Quoted: 14842 Post(s)
travestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond reputetravestyny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,495,294.84
Total Points: 3,722,562.99
pimping ain't easy - SugarKaineHook not sure why your original gift aint shown - SugarKaineHook The troll killer! - JK1700 Job well done! - koolkc107 Boxingscene's Best... Meant to get this to you the other day. Drinks on me - Chollo Vista 
Burger for Troubles. Good discussion... - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers, man... - Tony Trick-Pony For exposing Szef.... That was classic - Chollo Vista Toast for handing out L's - Chollo Vista A true legend of Boxingscene - Chollo Vista 
For the unified undisputed champ of Boxingscene. Hasn't been a dude this bad since Roy Jones Jr - Chollo Vista Much respect to you, sir!! - Tony Trick-Pony Merry Christmas - TBear To the end of Covid19 no matter who is in charge come November - JimRaynor 

Quote:
They come in droves... just as the seasons change...
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
I found what he is talking about. He is still wrong.

Quote:
"unconscious neck restraint" *shall be applied only on a subject who is exhibiting active aggression, or for lifesaving purposes, or on a subject "who is exhibiting active resistance in order to gain control of the subject; and if lesser attempts at control have been or would likely be ineffective."

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Also, here's what is considered "active resistance."

Quote:
Active Resistance: The subject’s verbal or physical actions are intended to prevent an officer from placing the subject in custody and taking control but are not directed at harming the officer. Examples include:

walking or running away

breaking the officer’s grip

Which we know it wasn't:

Quote:
He wasn’t actively resisting, and he was saying he couldn’t breathe,” said Charles P. Stephenson, a former police officer and FBI agent with expertise in use-of-force tactics. “You have to understand that possibility is there (that Floyd couldn’t breathe), and you release any kind of restriction you might have on an airway immediately.”

If he was resisting at all at the point of the unconscious knee restraint, it would be passive resistance.

Quote:
Passive Resistance: The subject is not complying with an officer's commands and is uncooperative but is taking only minimal physical action to prevent an officer from placing the subject in custody and taking control. Examples include:

standing stationary and not moving upon lawful direction

falling limply and refusing to use their power to move (becoming "dead weight")

holding onto a fixed object or locking arms to another during a protest or demonstration

I don't even think it was passive resistance at that point.

Last edited by travestyny; 10-26-2020 at 11:58 AM.
travestyny is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends