and

THURSDAY 9th JULY 2020

Las Vegas, NV, USA (UTC-7)

Carlos Castro vs Cesar Juarez

and

Carlos Takam vs Jerry Forrest

BETTING ODDS:

Vences:TBA Vargas: TBA
    Zapeda: -450 Castaneda: +300 (x2 on Castaneda)
    Castro: TBA Juarez: TBA
    Takam: -175 Forrest: +125

https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/j...staneda/winner

https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/c...forrest/winner

Subject to confirmation optional X5 Multiplier only applicable on Vargas, Castaneda and Juarez. Provisonally I'd suggest maybe Forrest too, but I can't make a probable call on that one so don't be surprised if it turns out to be Takam.

Ways fighters can win:
    Decision: WIDE or CLOSE
    KO: EARLY (1-4), MID (5-8) or LATE (9-12)

Examples of the ways you can state your decision:

PICK EM CREW, Vargas KO, mid x3
    PICK EM CREW, CASTANEDA, DEC, WIDE x5
    PICK EM CREW JUAREZ KO EARLY
    If no multiplier is specified in your pick (ie x2, x3) then it will be assumed that no multiplier is being used (x1)
    If you wish to pick a Draw result, simply state your Username, both fighter names and DRAW, ie:

PICK EM CREW, Takam, Forrest DRAW

NOTES:
    -Picking the correct winner earns 20 pts
    -Picking the correct method earns 10 pts
    -Picking the correct detail is worth 10 pts
    -Draws are worth 150 pts. A perfect pick without a multiplier is 40pts.

-CLOSE is <12 pts difference, or anything closer than 116-112 on all three scorecards. WIDE is >=12 pts difference, or anything equivalent to 116-112 on all three cards or wider.

-If you'd like to change your pick before the fight starts, post in this thread to do so. Ideally tag me so that I don't miss it.

-2X doubles your points and 3X triples your points. Everyone starts with 10 doubles and 6 triples to use throughout the year. If you forget how many you have left, check the leaderboard in the master thread. Every player also has 1 x5 special multiplier which can be only be used on an underdog (+100 or greater) fighter and will be replenished on July 1st if used before that time.

Sticky me please and it'd be appreciated if you could also remove any old pick 'em threads still stickied.

-MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded, LoadedWraps, bigjavi973
    Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 07-06-2020, 04:05 PM.

Okay gents, 4 more fights this week and some slightly trickier picks - for sure Zepeda vs Castaneda looks like a walkthrough but the young Texan only has one close loss. The rest of the fights are possibly a little trickier, Takam vs Forrest I literally cannot call and Vences vs Vargas pits Boxrecs #24 and #25 against each other and whilst Vences maybe has the better overall record he also has the more recent loss. Wide open for my money.

Juarez may be being put there to lose against Castro but it's definitely worth noting that the kid from Arizona doesn't have a great deal of depth to his resume and might struggle more than expected here, having been taken to an MD in his last outing on home soil to Jesus Ruiz who's on much the same level as Juarez. If the Mexican comes in hard here and puts the pressure on (and hes stopped dudes in 19/25 of his wins) I don't see an upset as out of the question at all.

Finallly, apologies to all those waiting for the leaderboard to be updated, I'm aiming to ensure it's done before this Tuesdays fights.

Regards and best of luck to you all

K

Comment

Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
      Okay gents, 4 more fights this week and some slightly trickier picks - for sure Zepeda vs Castaneda looks like a walkthrough but the young Texan only has one close loss. The rest of the fights are possibly a little trickier, Takam vs Forrest I literally cannot call and Vences vs Vargas pits Boxrecs #24 and #25 against each other and whilst Vences maybe has the better overall record he also has the more recent loss. Wide open for my money.

Juarez may be being put there to lose against Castro but it's definitely worth noting that the kid from Arizona doesn't have a great deal of depth to his resume and might struggle more than expected here, having been taken to an MD in his last outing on home soil to Jesus Ruiz who's on much the same level as Juarez. If the Mexican comes in hard here and puts the pressure on (and hes stopped dudes in 19/25 of his wins) I don't see an upset as out of the question at all.

Finallly, apologies to all those waiting for the leaderboard to be updated, I'm aiming to ensure it's done before this Tuesdays fights.

Regards and best of luck to you all

K
      Why so much opinion? If I didn't know better, id think you were trying to sway votes in a certain way. Dont we have freedom of choice? Are you just trying to make this biased af?
      Lol rof

Comment

NC Uppercut Zepada late KO x2
        NC Uppercut Fences late ko
        Good luck all!!
        Last edited by NC Uppercut; 07-07-2020, 10:18 AM. Reason: Changed detail at 11:19 am

Comment

BigZ44, Zepeda, KO, Mid
          BigZ44, Vences, DEC, Close
          BigZ44, Castro, DEC, Close
          BigZ44, Takam, DEC, Wide

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
            Why so much opinion? If I didn't know better, id think you were trying to sway votes in a certain way. Dont we have freedom of choice? Are you just trying to make this biased af?
            Lol rof
            Ha ha, actually it's much simpler and more prosaic. In my local vernacular what I'm doing is known as 'polishing a turd'. In this particular case I'm doing it with excessive verbosity to conceal the fact that I know almost nothing about all but 3 of these fighters, yet am attempting to sell these fights as if I know for a fact they're decent match ups anyway. Tricks of the trade brother... but shhh! keep it under your hat!
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 07-04-2020, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Castro vs Servania (highlights and commentary)

Facebook link to Castro vs Jesus Ruiz

https://www.facebook.com/ironboyprom...8316582467859/

(from apx 1:40:00)

Comment

SNIPER

Zepeda, KO, Early (x3)
                Vences, Dec, Wide
                Castro, Dec, Close
                Forrest, Dec, Close

Comment

Mooon

I thought I would try

Vargas decision close
                  Jose Zepeda decision close
                  Castro tko late
                  Takam decision one sided

Comment

Originally posted by Mooon View Post
                    Mooon

I thought I would try

Vargas decision close
                    Jose Zepeda decision close
                    Castro tko late
                    Takam decision one sided
                    Always good to get some new players in! Welcome to the game and best of luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X