Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cro Cop not interested in watching fights from lower weight classes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL8ZTGcIWpQ

Turn on the subtitles.

Cro Cop mocks the weighcutting practices and the pound for pound criteria. At 3:00 it gets funny. He basically says how can you call yourself a top "pound for pound" fighter of the world and then you enter in some night club and every single one of the bouncers there can beat you.

The female journalist then asks him "so you don't watch Conor McGregor then?" and Cro Cop says "No, not these smaller weight classes. I don't want to insult anybody but I'm just not interested. I prefer to watch the heavyweights."

Well he did walk the walk. He wasn't much bigger than most 205ers but fought heavyweight & won two high profile open weight tournys rather than cutting. Figure he's allowed to say it.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
      Well he did walk the walk. He wasn't much bigger than most 205ers but fought heavyweight & won two high profile open weight tournys rather than cutting. Figure he's allowed to say it.
      Not only that, he fought ALL THE TIME and didn't duck anybody.

He fought 8 times in 2004.

Fought the who's who of MMA and K1 heavyweights. He also had an amateur boxing career.

Still fighting at 43 years old. He's a legend. He can say whatever he wants.

Comment

Yeah great, so change the channel then. Or leave if it's a live event. There's plenty of stuff I don't like, but you don't see me complaining about it in the press. I do it in person or online, on a forum or social networking and that's the way it's supposed to be, dagnabit.

Comment

If anybody can get away with saying it its definitely him. Never ducked anybody always rose to the challenge. But I think hes more caught up in the heavyweight(anything can happen mindset) and not really caring about the skill level.

125-155 10x > 185 and up when it comes to skill set and athleticism. But the power is the real equalizer for the bigger heavier men. I could see why he wouldnt want to watch flyweight or even bantamweight but lightweight and featherweights have some big punchers. I feel like they get a lot of flack just by name even tho a lot of UFC lightweights would be boxing middleweights.

Comment

Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
            125-155 10x > 185 and up when it comes to skill set and athleticism. But the power is the real equalizer for the bigger heavier men. I could see why he wouldnt want to watch flyweight or even bantamweight but lightweight and featherweights have some big punchers. I feel like they get a lot of flack just by name even tho a lot of UFC lightweights would be boxing middleweights.
            Power is part of athleticism. Ultimately bigger men are better fighters no matter how you try to spin it.

Comment

Some of the lower classes are so-so. The bigger guys are more likely, especially at heavyweight, to trade and go to war.

Comment

I enjoy all the weight classes from midgets to giants and everything in between, so I disagree with CroCop, but he's the man and he can say whatever he wants.

He fought and beat up bigger men all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
                  Not only that, he fought ALL THE TIME and didn't duck anybody.

He fought 8 times in 2004.

Fought the who's who of MMA and K1 heavyweights. He also had an amateur boxing career.

Still fighting at 43 years old. He's a legend. He can say whatever he wants.
                  Name one fighter as good as MIghty Mouse that can do all that he does and is capable of at 185 and above.

I'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
                    Name one fighter as good as MIghty Mouse that can do all that he does and is capable of at 185 and above.

I'll wait.
                    Mighty Mouse is a midget. He wouldn't be able to fight this way if he was a normal sized man let alone a big man.

In the heavier divisions you can't fool around because guys actually have power

Comment

Working...
                    X