Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Anthony Joshua, Alexander Povetkin - Face To Face in UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    It's easy to see why the Joshua camp wanted Povetkin first, he looks like a dwarf compared to Joshua.
    Is he really this big of a douche bag as well? Notice in almost every pic he is tensed up to flex his muscles. What a giant bag of douche this a$$ clown is

Comment

A prime Sasha gets inside and stops AJ. This version takes a beating.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
        You mean PED version of Sasha. Nah, he still gets KTFO. That 'prime' version in rds 10-12. This (hopefully) clean version, AJ stops him in rd 8 or 9.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
          It didn't help Price who is 2 or 3 inches taller than AJ. .Decent fight but we all wanted the real fight!
          I disagree, it actually did help Price somewhat. The trouble that Povetkin did have with Price was largely due to Povetkin struggling to find a safe approach, and indeed he was able to time him coming in and score a knockdown as he attempted to come in. Of course, that was offset by Price's garbage stamina, porous defence, weak jab, china jawline etc. etc. Joshua doesn't have any of those same glaring weaknesses.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
            the look of fear and trepidation on the face of joshua is palpable
            Yeah, the guy looks terrified...With your ability to read facial expressions, I have to ask: have you ever seen a human face?

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
              I wonder when Povetkin was in his prime. His perfomance against Wlad was laughable, he was schooled like a an amateur with 6 weeks of experience. Wlad later said he didn't want to embarrass him at his own country and that's why he didn't knock him out. Watching that fight, I tend to believe that Wlad was not bragging here, but it was actually the reason Povetkin wasn't knocked out. Not to take credit away from Wlad, but I also felt that Povetkin was poorly prepared for the fight, was fattish and just not on the level one would expect. He gained significantly since fighting Wlad as if it was a wake up call from him. So, hence, my question about his prime. 2-3 years ago? It can't be before the Wlad's fight. If he is past prime, I don't think its too far past his prime not to make the fight somewhat challenging for AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by alexjust View Post
                I wonder when Povetkin was in his prime. His perfomance against Wlad was laughable, he was schooled like a an amateur with 6 weeks of experience. Wlad later said he didn't want to embarrass him at his own country and that's why he didn't knock him out. Watching that fight, I tend to believe that Wlad was not bragging here, but it was actually the reason Povetkin wasn't knocked out. Not to take credit away from Wlad, but I also felt that Povetkin was poorly prepared for the fight, was fattish and just not on the level one would expect. He gained significantly since fighting Wlad as if it was a wake up call from him. So, hence, my question about his prime. 2-3 years ago? It can't be before the Wlad's fight. If he is past prime, I don't think its too far past his prime not to make the fight somewhat challenging for AJ.
                Hahaha, what?

Wladimir fought the most unmanly fight a so called Champion has ever fought.

He looked terrified.

He should of been disqualified for his constant holding and fowls.

It was disgraceful.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                  Yeah but arguably his least impressive performances were v Takam and Parker, who were significantly shorter.

Don't think it'll matter either way, Povetkin is over the hill.
                  Right. But Joshua has had a height and reach advantage over everyone he has fought, including Klitschko.

That said, I don't think any version of Pov can beat this version of Joshua. He's too good on top of the physical advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
                    Is he really this big of a douche bag as well? Notice in almost every pic he is tensed up to flex his muscles. What a giant bag of douche this a$$ clown is
                    I had to lol at that

Comment

I kinda dig those kicks Joshua is rockin'. Nike?......on the other hand, PEDvetkin looks like a mere PED free mortal who'll be destroyed by a PED fueled hulking mass of kick ass!

Comment

Working...
                      X