This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Why shouldn’t we win the World Cup says Harry Kane?

England’s best player, yes. But a man who has literally won nothing.

People criticise Cahill but he’s the only one in that squad who has won everything
    I guess it's better than saying the opposite init

If Kane isn't taking corners and free-kicks at this world cup then that is deemed a success to me. That's how low i set the bar these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      I guess it's better than saying the opposite init

If Kane isn't taking corners and free-kicks at this world cup then that is deemed a success to me. That's how low i set the bar these days.
      That’s true I’d enjoy it though.

It is weird though you wouldn’t do what footballers, sports, even politicians do in presuming you’re the best at your job in real life unless you were a sociopath.

I leave work everyday thinking ‘Jesus, I wish I was better at my job.’

Not even in a bad way like being down on myself but it motivates me to be a little bit better. Reach the standard of my colleagues. Be able to switch off from work quicker.

I suppose fault lies with the questioner but really Kane should just be saying I don’t know
      Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-23-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Unai Emery huh, let's see what you got mate.

Comment

That’s true I’d enjoy it though.

It is weird though you wouldn’t do what footballers, sports, even politicians do in presuming you’re the best at your job in real life unless you were a sociopath.

I leave work everyday thinking ‘Jesus, I wish I was better at my job.’

Not even in a bad way like being down on myself but it motivates me to be a little bit better. Reach the standard of my colleagues. Be able to switch off from work quicker.

I suppose fault lies with the questioner but really Kane should just be saying I don’t know
          I doubt he'd say that to you and me on the street only in his first press conference as captain to appease the press.

I mean who the hell even watches press conferences or reads about them? The only ones who care about them are the sport journos who think they're of such importance. Add in post match interviews too, they are so dull and meaningless.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            Do it if he's confirmed. He's a good coach.

Speaking of which:

Pellegrini to West Ham
            Emery to Arsenal

If Everton tacked on a great manager too. The prem is gonna get very interesting next season.
            No self respecting manager will go to Everton unless they're a Lonsdale wearing scruff

Comment

• Walter Sarri is such a football hipster pick.

Sacked by November. Genuinely.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                I doubt he'd say that to you and me on the street only in his first press conference as captain to appease the press.

I mean who the hell even watches press conferences or reads about them? The only ones who care about them are the sport journos who think they're of such importance. Add in post match interviews too, they are so dull and meaningless.
                It’s true. It really throws you when a player says something human.

Was it the Bournemouth player who handled a ball to put it in. When asked if he touched it with his hand said he thought it was a touch of magic.

Otherwise it is ‘buzzing for the win. Fantastic for the away support. Great fans’

If you care so much about the away fans buy them a pint. Always thought this. If you’re on 200k a week with 100k take home if a pint was £4 and you have say 3000 away fans that’s 12% of your wage.

I’d defo do that a few times a season If I was an elite footballer
                Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-23-2018, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ox View Post
                  No self respecting manager will go to Everton unless they're a Lonsdale wearing scruff
                  What if Brendan goes?

Comment

Walter Sarri is such a football hipster pick.

Sacked by November. Genuinely.
                    I'd give AVB a second chance before taking Sarri.

Comment

It’s true. It really throws you when a player says something human.

Was it the Bournemouth player who handled a ball to put it in. When asked if he touched it with his hand said he thought it was a touch of magic.

Otherwise it is ‘buzzing for the win. Fantastic for the away support. Great fans’

If you care so much about the away fans buy them a pint. Always thought this. If you’re on 200k a week with 100k take home if a pint was £4 and you have say 3000 away fans that’s 12% of your wage.

I’d defo do that a few times a season If I was an elite footballer
                      There was a footballer this christmas just gone who bought the home fans in the ground a pint. They were given a coupon at the turnstyles. How is stuff like that not done more often? I don't wanna see you kiss the badge, i want you to buy me pint

Comment

Working...
                      X