Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Won't Let You Play With Our Balls To Overpay Wilder!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Won't Let You Play With Our Balls To Overpay Wilder!

Eddie Hearn, who promotes IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs), has no intention of paying more than $12.5 million to WBC champion Deontay Wilder (40-0, 39 KOs). Hearn recently sent what he feels is a very fair offer to Wilder - to stage a high stakes unification in the second half of the year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

...play with our balls?

Comment

So Hearn conservatively calculates the fight to be worth 40 M and gives Wilder 12.5M flat equivalent of a 68-32 split.

How about making a not flat free offer of a 68-32 split? I feel that would be more than generous.

Surely that should make the fight happen.

Comment

Not sure about this ANALogy... And why OUR balls? Do they have one set for both? Does Hearn lend his to AB when he fights?...

Comment

"I feel that we're getting penalized because somebody has done a **** job with Deontay Wilder. You have a guy who is making $2 to 2.5 million a fight and people are like 'he deserves $25 million.' Why? On what basis? He has no profile. He can't sell 10,000 tickets when he fights in a great fight in America. And we have a guy who is making all of this money, and can continue doing so, in risk free fights. Now you're asking our guy to be in the biggest fight of his career for a little more.

"People don't understand the simple economics and the reality of the situation. One guy is earning $2.5 million dollars and the other is earning ten times as much. Joshua has overpaid his opponents. He overpaid Charles Martin, he overpaid Dillian Whyte, he overpaid Breazeale, he overpaid Takam, he overpaid Parker. We ain't doing it again. We're not going to overpay Deontay Wilder for this fight.

Well said. Wilder, his team and his fans are really ****ing dumb.
          Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 04-20-2018, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            So Hearn conservatively calculates the fight to be worth 40 M and gives Wilder 12.5M flat equivalent of a 68-32 split.

How about making a not flat free offer of a 68-32 split? I feel that would be more than generous.

Indeed.

There's no reason why he can't offer a %, even if it's 32% or whatever. Why not offer % or a flat fee, give a choice and then it's up to Wilders team to decide if the % will be less or more than the flat fee, based on their predictions of money generated.

I just can't understand any reason to flat out refuse to offer a %, apart from the fact he knows a flat fee offer is likely to be turned down.

Turning down a flat fee is not a duck. Maybe it will be his highest purse by some distance, but if the fight is bigger than expected...Wilder ends up with a very small % of the income if he agrees to the flat fee and could've earned more with a % split.

Let's be fair, when talking big fights like this, it's always done in % splits. Hearn knows it.

Comment

Well offer him 30%. Duh, that's a no brainer.

Comment

I see there is a portion of this estimate allocated to doping. Freudian Slip?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                  Indeed.

There's no reason why he can't offer a %, even if it's 32% or whatever. Why not offer % or a flat fee, give a choice and then it's up to Wilders team to decide if the % will be less or more than the flat fee, based on their predictions of money generated.

I just can't understand any reason to flat out refuse to offer a %, apart from the fact he knows a flat fee offer is likely to be turned down.

Turning down a flat fee is not a duck. Maybe it will be his highest purse by some distance, but if the fight is bigger than expected...Wilder ends up with a very small % of the income if he agrees to the flat fee and could've earned more with a % split.

Let's be fair, when talking big fights like this, it's always done in % splits. Hearn knows it.
                  Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                  Well offer him 30%. Duh, that's a no brainer.
                  Maybe Wilder can ask for that in that counter offer that's a week overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Maybe Wilder can ask for that in that counter offer that's a week overdue.
                    It seems both camps are not that assertive in making the fight.

Hearn has made an offer to save face and look like he's doing something but it's the kind of offer that doesn't work in fights like this. It was never going to fly. Hearn is experienced enough to know that.

Wilder's team don't seem that interested at all apart from when you put a camera in front of Wilder. Hearn probably knows that too, so he can make an offer knowing that it'll probably get turned down anyway.

I'd say it's comparable to Floyd v Manny, but they were both stars in their own right. Both guys could avoid each other, keep their stardom and make big money. Wilder doesn't have that luxury, so he should be looking for this fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X