No announcement yet.

I just watched both Marquez-Pacquiao fights back to back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SyrianUser View Post
    pacquiao beat mayweather’s left overs when they were at their worst moments : Ricky hatton : Lost his undefeated record de la hoya : Weight drained (so pacquiao never fought de la hoya at his natural weight) + after a decison victory against stevie forbes shane mosley : After a draw with sergio mora + 39 years old now mayweather vs those guys : Ricky hatton : Undefeated de la hoya : Knocked ricardo mayorga out in the 6th round + mayweather moved up in weight to fight de la hoya at his natural weight shane mosley : Knocked antonio margarito out in the 9th round
    .....!

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
      .....!

Yeah you cant say anything , accept the fact Pacquiao is a fraud troll .

" Pacquiao beat Mayweather’s left overs when they were at their worst moments :

Ricky Hatton : Lost his undefeated record

De La Hoya : Weight drained (So Pacquiao never fought De La Hoya at his natural weight) + After a decison victory against Stevie Forbes

Shane Mosley : After a draw with Sergio Mora + 39 years old

Now Mayweather vs Those Guys :

Ricky hatton : Undefeated

De La Hoya : Knocked Ricardo Mayorga out in the 6th round + Mayweather moved up in weight to fight De La Hoya at his natural weight

Shane Mosley : Knocked Antonio Margarito out in the 9th round "
      Last edited by SyrianUser; 11-08-2011, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        I watched that fight a lot and I have Pac winning both fights by one point.

If JMM had any sportsmanship in him, he wouldn't have waited 4 years for the 2nd fight.
        This is true. The Pacquiao camp offered JMM an immediate rematch in 2004 and JMM turned it down. He eventually fought Pacquiao again in 2008 when there was no where else to go. Now that Pac is a huge star JMM wants a rematch. Although I think their fight should be at 140 no one can really complain about the fight being at 147. JMM was given an offer for an immediate rematch and turned it down. He had another chance to beat Pacquiao and came up short.

Whatever happens this Saturday is the result of JMM's choices over the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          This is true. The Pacquiao camp offered JMM an immediate rematch in 2004 and JMM turned it down. He eventually fought Pacquiao again in 2008 when there was no where else to go. Now that Pac is a huge star JMM wants a rematch. Although I think their fight should be at 140 no one can really complain about the fight being at 147. JMM was given an offer for an immediate rematch and turned it down. He had another chance to beat Pacquiao and came up short.

Whatever happens this Saturday is the result of JMM's choices over the past few years.
          And, for the record I don't think JMM is a bad sportsman. And, I'm not a fan of this third fight. I think it's crap.

I just don't like when people conveniently forget just flat out try to re-write and history and act as if it wasn't JMM fault that the 2nd fight took so long to happen.

I also would not argue with anyone who had JMM winning. But, I do argue when anyone complains it as if it was a robbery. Even though I scored those 2 fights for Pac. I thought both fights(point scoring wise) were close and competitive that it could have gone either way.

Comment

I watched both fights recently and had Marquez winning the second fight by a point.....

First fight I had a draw which means Pacquiao got outboxed both times.

Comment

Watching them back to back shows you how much Pac has improved. Now that he doesn't have to cut weight he's going to be a lot more dangerous. I don't expect Pac to box much better than he did in the second fight. It'll be his strength that will be the difference. JMM bulking up isn't going to help him to me. He should try to be as sharp as possible.

Comment

Either fight can easily be scored a draw. They're real close. Marquez won the overwhelming majority of rounds in the first fight though. He outfought Pacquiao. Unfortunately, you score knockdowns. I think that Marquez is a much more live underdog than most are giving him credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  And, for the record I don't think JMM is a bad sportsman. And, I'm not a fan of this third fight. I think it's crap.

I just don't like when people conveniently forget just flat out try to re-write and history and act as if it wasn't JMM fault that the 2nd fight took so long to happen.

I also would not argue with anyone who had JMM winning. But, I do argue when anyone complains it as if it was a robbery. Even though I scored those 2 fights for Pac. I thought both fights(point scoring wise) were close and competitive that it could have gone either way.
                  I think you make a good point by saying that it's not good to argue about who won those two fights because they were so close. I had jmm winning both fights (just my opinion). I like both fighters and I think it will be a good third fight I hope this fight is as good or better than the previous two. So now if jmm gets the win there should be a fourth fight lol but thinking about it I think it will be harder for jmm to win this one cause I think PAC is stronger than last time they fought. War Marquez!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tulisanto View Post
                    this again?. oh well

114-111 pac - first fight

115- 112 pac- second fight
                    give or take 1 round pretty much exactly this - this "I was robbed" business is total nonsense the fights were damn close and the bottom line is marquez was down 4 times, pac not even once, and the rest of the rounds were not onesided enough in Marquez's favor to overcome that. If a guy gets knocked down 3 times in the first round he needs to completely dominate the rest of the fight not slightly edge it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post

actually, JMM has one more choice available to him.

he could choose to come in at 140, the weight he's most comfortable with, in the same way Manny chose to come in at 144 against margarito though their fight was at 150, knowing full well that margarito would most likely outweigh him by at least 14 to 15 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                      X