Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if crawford said he would fight loma at 141 CW what u think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    solid...ya i agree

which brings me to my point...the situation i presented, while not identical, reminds me of ward saying he'd fight floyd at 160

now we all know floyd said he would never fight there..."everyone has limits".....and we heard time and time again from golovkin fans that "ward cant even make 168 anymore hes a lhw"

golovkin fans have a 2 way street going on that ward duck...half of them point to an unrealistic joke fight ward conjured up that had 0 legs.....as proof that ward could have made the 164 CW golovkin said he'd consider....the other half of them say "168 fight with golovkin? ha ward cant make 168 anymore thats why hes going up"

as crazy as loma fans are getting i dont think they could ever come close to reaching the levels of golovkin superfans...even lomas fans realize theres certain things that are off limits and if crawford offered that and loma rejected? i bet loma and his team and fans would all be realistic about it instead of making up excuses as to why the other guy was full of crap
    But golovkin stayed at 160 because opposition was weak... that's the difference.

Comment

Here's a question, would Linares be the best win on Crawford's ledger had they crossed paths at 135?

If not, who's he's beaten that's proven to be a better fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        i think loma is the goods...but im not an overzealous superfanboy of him

i agree to a certain point that...some people are driving people to hate him....watching the fight i didnt think tessitore was really giving linares full credit for the work he was doing

but i get it...they are pushing loma as the face of the espn boxing program

this isnt even about hating on loma or anything...i wouldnt really expect him to take this fight ...just curious what the overall opinion would be if crawford came out and said he would take this fight at 141
        Loma said a while ago that Crawford was the best current fighter. I think Loma is reaching his limit at 135. Crawford might have to cut off a leg to make 141 so it wouldn't prove anything no matter who wins.

Comment

I would advise him to take no fight above 135. He is 30 years old so he isn't going to grow into a bigger man. His ideal fighting weight is probably 126. He had no problem making that weight not long ago and he was very strong at that weight. If he did fight Crawford at 141 I think he would get KOed. When two great fighters fight and one is much heavier naturally the heavier boxer will almost always win. Loma weighed 138 on fight night for Linares. If Crawford weighed in at 141 he would probably gain 15 pounds and weight about 156 on fight night. He has gained that much weight before. Loma would probably only weigh about 140 on fight night. Any heavier would just slow him down and hurt his stamina. You can't give up that kind of weight to a monster like Crawford and expect to win.

Comment

That would be like jermall Charlo offering to fight Crawford at 155.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
              That would be like jermall Charlo offering to fight Crawford at 155.
              or like andre ward saying he'd fight floyd at 160 right?

i mean...not going to happen right? i think loma/crawford 141 or charlo/crawford 155 actually have more of a chance than ward/floyd at 160 ever did

thats the point...why do lil g jizz guzzlers still point to that to this very day as an excuse? and then the other half of them say "ward went to lhw ...he couldnt make 168 anyway so he was just bluffing"?

Comment

CW should be banned. I've always hated them.

Comment

Crawford would knock him around until Loma says "no mas"

Comment

Crawford is way too big for Loma. No matter the weight. It's a dumb fight.

Comment

Loma vs bigger guy coming down ie Crawford = omfg crawford a weight bully no fair

Floyd vs bigger guy coming down ie canelo = omfg canelo drained no fair

lel

Comment

Working...
                      X