Has anyone had 2 wins over Olympic Gold medalists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    That's how I saw that fight.

I gave Tito rounds 4, 5 and he swept the last 4. 114-114. The first round nothing happened either but I gave to Oscar.
    Wow I was expecting everyone to just go along with story that it was some kind of robbery.People need to know difference between close fight,bad dec,and out right robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
      Wow I was expecting everyone to just go along with story that it was some kind of robbery.People need to know difference between close fight,bad dec,and out right robbery.
      I think the Quartey and Whitaker fights were worse decisions than the Trinidad fight. There was very little action in the Trinidad fight but he clearly won 5 rounds so at worst it was 115-113. People forget how clear Tito won the 4th round and went along with Top Rank's "First 8 rounds" propaganda.

Comment

Beat me to it. Tito beat three within a 13-month 4-fight span.
        Lol, I clearly remember that because I remember him bragging about it saying 3 Gold Medals with his broken english holding 3 fingers up. Haha

Comment

I think the Quartey and Whitaker fights were worse decisions than the Trinidad fight. There was very little action in the Trinidad fight but he clearly won 5 rounds so at worst it was 115-113. People forget how clear Tito won the 4th round and went along with Top Rank's "First 8 rounds" propaganda.
          Yea I agree with the Whitaker dec being worse(I'm a huge Sweet pea fan)but the fact he GAVE AWAY the last round kept it from being a robbery imo.But it falls in the bad dec or deff debatable dec.The Quartey fight I also scored a draw and have no REAL problem with off dec.But totally agree about how people just follow the story that's most popular with the more well known writers.One that really bothers me is the Spinks scared BS BEFORE Tyson fight.Spinks was prob the most honest guy when it came to his feelings.He admitted he was afraid before Holmes and Braxton fights and he could control it.Plus 1st thing he does after getting KN(with body shot)was NOT TO RUN but to try and catch Mike coming in with the Jinx he missed Tyson diped under and cought him.His eyes rolled back in head so he deff did not decide to just stay down.That one is almost impossible to get people to rethink because its no ingrained.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            Trinidad beat two in a row, De La Hoya and Reid
            And whitaker thats 3 gold medals for tito!!!

Comment

Yea I agree with the Whitaker dec being worse(I'm a huge Sweet pea fan)but the fact he GAVE AWAY the last round kept it from being a robbery imo.But it falls in the bad dec or deff debatable dec.The Quartey fight I also scored a draw and have no REAL problem with off dec.But totally agree about how people just follow the story that's most popular with the more well known writers.One that really bothers me is the Spinks scared BS BEFORE Tyson fight.Spinks was prob the most honest guy when it came to his feelings.He admitted he was afraid before Holmes and Braxton fights and he could control it.Plus 1st thing he does after getting KN(with body shot)was NOT TO RUN but to try and catch Mike coming in with the Jinx he missed Tyson diped under and cought him.His eyes rolled back in head so he deff did not decide to just stay down.That one is almost impossible to get people to rethink because its no ingrained.
              I felt Whitaker won by 114-112. Oscar simply couldn't get nothing done but Whitaker clowned a little too much and let it be closer than it should have been. I've watched it 3-4 times and could never see 7 rounds for Oscar.

I also felt Quartey had the dominant stretch of the fight and won a bunch of rounds on the run but obviously lost the last round big. I felt Quartey won a solid 7 rounds. Not a robbery, but a close one they got wrong IMO.

Comment

Literally every close fight is considered a robbery these days.

I had Oscar winning but it was a close fight. Not a robbery

Comment

[QUOTE=Luilun;18586151]in your dreams!!! the chiken was up 5-3 after 8 rds!! Then lost the last four rds if u know how to score fights! 115-113. FOR THE WINNER de PUERTO RICOOOO FELIX TITO TRINIDAD!! And oscar was forever known as the chiken!!!! Yo gane ok!!!��
                  Last edited by Pakutu93; 03-19-2018, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I think the thread should be asking if anyone has ever beaten 4 gold medalists.

Comment

I thought Tito took 9th and ODLH gave away last 3.And don't believe he JUST ran because of lead.He was getting tired and Tito ALWAYS finished strong.I had it 6-6.Thought ODLH was up 6-2 after 8th.
                      I had the fight a draw. ODLH did get tired but if you look around round 8 or 9 Tito landed a body shot that made OLDH run for the rest of the fight. When I was watching the fight way back when I was saying if he continues to run he is going to throw away the fight after he was giving him a boxing lesson.

Comment

Working...
                      X