No announcement yet.

Defining Canelo's victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defining Canelo's victory

Myself as many do, think that on a technical basis maybe Golovkin should have been awarded the decision. That said on a bigger scale, no one was supposed to be able to do what Canelo did in there and that is go toe to toe with him, take it to him and not only survive, but thrive. It was so unexpected that it swayed the scoring in his favor and made all involved acknowledge Canelo's performance.

Golovkin wanted a brawl and Canelo gave him the opportunity and Golovkin couldn't do it. Canelo took it from him.

That was Canelo's victory.

And that's why he got the decision and no one minds it so much if it wasn't exactly "fair".

Golovkin may have won the battle technically, but he lost the war.

Put the scoring aside, Canelo won that night.

So, like Max Kellerman, you're saying Canelo won the story of the fight?

Comment

some will love to score this like an amateur fight... great performance by both fighters..

Comment

Golovkin wanted to brawl?? Uh... WTF?
        You mean, when he jabbed consistently and then let him off the hook when he was tired? That's brawling?

Comment

Canelo not only won the fight but it's how he won. He bullied the bully rearranged GGG face like nobody has ever seen and made him pay for every taunt (which we can say now was totally out of character for GGG and clearly backfired). All the Mexican Style talk? It was GGG who tapped out a Mexican Style fight. His own trainer threw him under bus after the fight lol

Comment

If I had to define Canelo's victory in one word, I'd probably have to go with 'Christmas'

Comment

Canelo fought a great brave fight and took the fight to GGG and slugged it. Good for him. To me the winner of the fight should be the one who deserved to win the fight and I thought GGG deserved to win the fight with his strong performance in the late rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                If I had to define Canelo's victory in one word, I'd probably have to go with 'Christmas'
                L M F A O

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                  So, like Max Kellerman, you're saying Canelo won the story of the fight?
                  This right here. Casuals be watching the fight listening to only the narrative and think they know what they're talking about.

GGG is a brute. A caveman. Only knows how to walk forward. Koes everyone.

Then they get this false stereotype about GGG stuck in their head that feeds their bias.

So if hes not walking forward he must be running. If he doesnt KO the opponent he was exposed. He only knows how to fight "Mexican style".

I mean, who the **** fights the exact same way every single time against different opponents?

GGG can fight mexican style all he wants but that doesnt mean he doesnt know how to out point an opponent. And then you got the other problem where canelo fans dont even know how to watch nonetheless score a boxing match.

Look at his face! A conclusion reached based on the end of the fight not the rounds in between. Canelo hit GGG with a lot of shots, despite the fact he actually didnt. Then they say the stupidest **** like jabs are non relevant. Come on now.

How many jabs equals one power punch canelo fans?

Comment

Not sure why people think ggg is brawler. He's a boxer/puncher who likes to fight at long-mid range and wear his opponents down with his punching power. It's usually that punching power that allows him to dictate the range cuz his opponents move backwards. In this case Canelo stood his ground and even pushed him back, so ggg was forced to move back and laterally more to control the distance where he's most comfortable. Props to Canelo for taking it too him, but you can't fault a guy for making an adjustment cuz the other guy wasn't moving back. Was he supposed to get into clinches and smother his own work just to "come forward"?

I don't agree with the assessment that ggg wanted to brawl, but I do agree with people thinking Canelo won cuz "ggg didn't do what he normally does". Canelo didn't do what he normally does either and took much more punishment cuz of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X