No announcement yet.

Oscar De La Hoya vs Felix Trinidad showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
    I'm pretty confident in Tito winning a rematch at 154 if it ever happened, but I've never scored their fight in Tito's favor. I don't think Oscar gave away that many rounds
    In my humble opinion oscar dela hoya gave this fight away never think it's a wrap until the fights over bad coner

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I despise Coka dela rolling Pin. I think he is a fake, phony, f@ggot. But if anyone thinks he lost to Tito in that fight they are delusional.
      his corner instructed him to not to get knocked out but Trinidad was never successful mounting a real offense throughout the fight he really threw the fight

Comment

Oscar took Trinidad to the school of boxing. Trinidad looked like a caveman in chasing him around the ring trying to land that left hook. 9-3 Oscar EZ. No way Trinidad won more than 3 rounds biggest train robbery of the century.
        Last edited by GorillaDog; 09-18-2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Century Tuna View Post
          his corner instructed him to not to get knocked out but Trinidad was never successful mounting a real offense throughout the fight he really threw the fight
          I was happy ODH lost and went back to the dressing room crying like a b-tch for all of 1 minute.

This was just a terrible score. I give Tito credit for never quitting. Fisshnets dela Lingerie deserves scorn for running like a marathon runner the last 4 rounds. That said he won the 1st 8 rounds clearly by a wide margin.

Comment

In my humble opinion oscar dela hoya gave this fight away never think it's a wrap until the fights over bad coner
            That's fine, I know a lot of people that feel that way. I kinda feel that way in a general sense, but not scoring wise (with me pretending to be a judge).

However, I also don't buy the whole "it was a miscalculation" thing on the failed strategy. I think Tito would have won those last rounds big, if he didn't manage to get Oscar out of there, had DLH not been so defensive later in the fight.

Comment

Glorious night. Tito wasn't at his best perhaps a combination of his first mega event and weight draining but he got the win.

De La Hoya had got bogus gift decisions over Whitaker and Quartey. It was great to see him lose a close one and him and his fangirls cry about it even years later.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
                That's fine, I know a lot of people that feel that way. I kinda feel that way in a general sense, but not scoring wise (with me pretending to be a judge).

However, I also don't buy the whole "it was a miscalculation" thing on the failed strategy. I think Tito would have won those last rounds big, if he didn't manage to get Oscar out of there, had DLH not been so defensive later in the fight.
                Yeah, he was very tired and you could see when Tito did catch him around the 8th or 9th round his reaction suggested he didn't like it and that convinced him to fully get on his bike. Had he stood close enough and not run he'd have lost those rounds big, perhaps even been dropped and stopped.

A re-match at 154 would have been ideal but Oscar waited for Tito to move up and only really acted like he wanted the fight once Tito was retired. At 154 with less movement, Tito more experienced in big fights, not weight drained he'd have stopped Oscar late.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  Yeah, he was very tired and you could see when Tito did catch him around the 8th or 9th round his reaction suggested he didn't like it and that convinced him to fully get on his bike. Had he stood close enough and not run he'd have lost those rounds big, perhaps even been dropped and stopped.

A re-match at 154 would have been ideal but Oscar waited for Tito to move up and only really acted like he wanted the fight once Tito was retired. At 154 with less movement, Tito more experienced in big fights, not weight drained he'd have stopped Oscar late.
                  Pretty much my thinking as well.

Comment

I don't get when people say he gave the fight away by running the last 3 rounds. By the time he started running, he had a minimum of 8 rounds in the bag.

Comment

Trinidad >>>>>>>> Trinimom >>>>> Trinisister >>>>>>>> Oscar 'Fishnets, kitchen utensils' Gay La Hoe-a

Oh, also:

Puerto Rico >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mexico

mexican mamasitas agree

Comment

Working...
                      X