Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn Offers Wilder $12.5M flat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat fee is always a bull**** offer if the fight is on PPV. Not matter how u want to slice it.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      20 bucks says the vast majority of the posters claiming it is a lowball offer are the same ones who said GGG should have taken Oscars "10 mil flat and no ppv upside" offer

hmmmm, undefeated champion, high KO percentage, less than spectacular resume at the time, no major PPV history, hmmmmmm, what is different with Wilder? hmmmm, what could it be??
      So are you claiming Wilder should take the flat fee or are you claiming those who said GGG should take the flat fee were wrong?

From where I'm sitting, it's pretty clear this is a low ball offer from Hearn, and yes of course, Oscar's flat offer was low ball as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I think the only honest thing that can be said is that none of us know. It's fun speculating and bickering about it. But, anyone here who thinks they truly know is fooling themselves, IMO. Deontay himself might not even know. But, that's why boxers pay professionals to take care of this sort of thing.
        Redd

Yu alluded to something before, namely how a paycheck mentality views this scenario and the offer. People are funny in their habits, if you are Wilder's team then this fight will sell, sell, sell...if you are Joshua team, then this fight needs to be promoted big time to sell, especially in the states. People forget things like Ward and Kovalev. The first one at least, did not generate very much...But Ward got paid and got to do it again.

The real standard for this is who will promote the fight, who will take it on the next level with respect to what the fight will generate. If we take that as somewhat of a standard then we can look at Joshua as being a bigger draw, regardless of his status.

If I am Wilder I try to get a piece of that action and take the millions. Just make sure a rematch clause is part of the deal. The truth is introducing Wilder to that audience might be the most financially lucrative part of the fight for Wilder. People forget that before Floy fought Oscar, he could not draw anything...as a heel, as a technician, didn't matter. Oscar introduced Mayweather. Wilder has to think of this fight partially this way imo...the toxic idea that each fighter has an inherent worth that can be compared is bad logic and in this case will hurt both guys because it prevents this fight from happening.

Comment

• Didn’t Parker get 33%? Why is he getting a percentage and Wilder only gets a flat fee. Wilder should get a bigger percentage than Parker got, somewhere in the 35-40% range. No doubt AJ is A-side and should make more, but this is also his biggest fight and he will be making more off of Wilder than he did vs others.

Flat fee offers for huge fights like this are bull****.
          It was bull when Floyd did it to Manny
          It was bull when Oscar/Canelo did it to GGG
          It’s bull now that Hearn/AJ are trying to do it to Wilder

Any other sources confirming this offer by the way? We are all probably jumping the gun here reacting one way or the other.

Comment

• Can I just say that the offer is both great and lowball??

Great for Wilder as it will be his biggest payday BY FAR, and the revenue this fight will make is in large part due to the hyping/promoting efforts of Matchroom and Sky
            ..However..
            It is a Lowball offer because it is:
            1) a flat-fee (an undisputed HW fight... come on, there will be a lot of buys for this)
            2) a first offer (negotiations are expected)

Unfortunately, Hearn has the upperhand here and yeah, this is a ****ty offer for Wilder in terms of how much the fight is worth overall. However, this is still a great offer to say that Wilder has not been pushing things as hard as he could have over the past few years. I mean, ****, he didn't even turn up to the Parker fight, which I thought that was very weak. Wilder is almost unknown to many, and he's been WBC (supposedly one of the better belts..) HW champion for over 3 years!!! I mean, what the **** has he been playing at. If money is gonna be an issue for Wilder, he needs to realise that his promotional efforts have been p1ss-poor in comparison to Joshua

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              Redd

Yu alluded to something before, namely how a paycheck mentality views this scenario and the offer. People are funny in their habits, if you are Wilder's team then this fight will sell, sell, sell...if you are Joshua team, then this fight needs to be promoted big time to sell, especially in the states. People forget things like Ward and Kovalev. The first one at least, did not generate very much...But Ward got paid and got to do it again.

The real standard for this is who will promote the fight, who will take it on the next level with respect to what the fight will generate. If we take that as somewhat of a standard then we can look at Joshua as being a bigger draw, regardless of his status.

If I am Wilder I try to get a piece of that action and take the millions. Just make sure a rematch clause is part of the deal. The truth is introducing Wilder to that audience might be the most financially lucrative part of the fight for Wilder. People forget that before Floy fought Oscar, he could not draw anything...as a heel, as a technician, didn't matter. Oscar introduced Mayweather. Wilder has to think of this fight partially this way imo...the toxic idea that each fighter has an inherent worth that can be compared is bad logic and in this case will hurt both guys because it prevents this fight from happening.
              It might be a worthwhile investment at that angle, but I don't know how long Wilder plans to box, how much he has vested into legacy, etc.
              Deontay boxes for the money and he wants this fight, so it's simply a matter of whether his team thinks this is all they're going to get out of this fight or if they think they can make more if they hold out. I really think that's what's going to decide this because that's one of the most basic principles of negotiation. People are arguing over whether it's fair. Team Wilder isn't sweating "fair". They know Hearn wants to make money to and they're going to wait until the offer is at it's ripest.

Comment

• Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
                Flat fee is always a bull**** offer if the fight is on PPV. Not matter how u want to slice it.
                I doubt this will be on Showtime PPV. PPV in England which realistically Wilder wouldn't make even the difference to one fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                  Can I just say that the offer is both great and lowball??

Great for Wilder as it will be his biggest payday BY FAR, and the revenue this fight will make is in large part due to the hyping/promoting efforts of Matchroom and Sky
                  ..However..
                  It is a Lowball offer because it is:
                  1) a flat-fee (an undisputed HW fight... come on, there will be a lot of buys for this)
                  2) a first offer (negotiations are expected)

Unfortunately, Hearn has the upperhand here and yeah, this is a ****ty offer for Wilder in terms of how much the fight is worth overall. However, this is still a great offer to say that Wilder has not been pushing things as hard as he could have over the past few years. I mean, ****, he didn't even turn up to the Parker fight, which I thought that was very weak. Wilder is almost unknown to many, and he's been WBC (supposedly one of the better belts..) HW champion for over 3 years!!! I mean, what the **** has he been playing at. If money is gonna be an issue for Wilder, he needs to realise that his promotional efforts have been p1ss-poor in comparison to Joshua
                  That is a good analysis of the subject.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                    Oh boy are you deluded
                    Are you serious? Hes absolutely right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      It might be a worthwhile investment at that angle, but I don't know how long Wilder plans to box, how much he has vested into legacy, etc.
                      Deontay boxes for the money and he wants this fight, so it's simply a matter of whether his team thinks this is all they're going to get out of this fight or if they think they can make more if they hold out. I really think that's what's going to decide this because that's one of the most basic principles of negotiation. People are arguing over whether it's fair. Team Wilder isn't sweating "fair". They know Hearn wants to make money to and they're going to wait until the offer is at it's ripest.
                      Yeah I mean when I say its good, I am assuming there will be some provisions set fourth. I should say it is workable. I come at this from a real estate perspective. If an offer is just off, then one cannot counter it, its like "hey don't waste my time." But with a percentage perhaps and certainly a rematch clause, maybe a few more millions, this could get done.

The one thing Wilder should not do is hold out too long, he has a shelf life and the interest in this fight will peak at a certain point. like you say, fair is an apple in an orange grove here. LOL. What Wilder has to figure is if one drew a line and in that line put a smaller line, then a smaller one, they would have Wilder's career, his peak and finally the part where he can fight at the top of his peak... He wants to fight the most times when he hits the earnings mark that is highest... This fight probably is the start of that last line...so get in the ring, get the rematch, and fight regularly for the next years.

After that it drops off, he is in the second line. At each junction the amount of fights one has matters for earnings potential...Not for nothing did the old timers fight so often.

Comment

Working...
                      X