Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the **** did Golovkin not go to war?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s easy to go head hunting when the guy isn’t at your level and can’t take your shots.
    Much different when your getting countered and the guy takes your shots and keeps coming for you.
    BBB side wasn’t mentally prepared for that.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      Because those Canelo punches hurt
      Agreed! I did see his body language when taking those body punches and counter punches. He was getting torn down

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        Why the f@ck did Canelo block jabs with his face all night?

I thought this kid was slick no?
        118 jabs Landed GGG.

Well, Canelo Landed 143 power shots

So, following your own words, GGG Block power punches with his face and body?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          No he was struggling, especially with the body work, but he was still landing and picked up a few rounds. Second half of fight he really came into it imo, championship rounds he took clearly. Dont see the 12th as being a swing round like many do, I thought Golovkin landed much better cleaner shots in that round.
          But those 2 big GGG punches came within the first 30 seconds of the 12th round. For the rest of the round canelo landed the better punches and was out working him.

If we are giving rounds based on who landed the cleanest and biggest punches then canelo should have won the 1st round. Canelo should've also won the 1st fight based on that criteria as well.

Comment

Age caught up... That's all there was really... Slower hands, weaker punches, that .1 you lose on everything ... I know how it feels...

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              How did he let it go to the cards again, it's comical lol

I don't know how to take him anymore, I'm not really sure what kind of fighter he is, he made his name being a seek and destroy fighter. It's good that he is versatile, but in the first fight apart from the jab he couldn't hit Canelo with a bag of rice, in a fight which was much closer than any GGG would care to admit.

Then him and Abel cry about running for a full 12 months, so the dude walks straight into his wheelhouse all night and he doesn't oblige. Why didn't he just trade and try and drown Canelo like Hagler did to Hearns. They kept talking in the build up about "knock out" "taking it out of the judges hands"

I think in reality Golovkin isn't very educated in close quarters fighting.
              I don't know about that last statement but the main premise is dead on. HowTF does he even let it go to the judges knowing how he beat Canelo in the first bout and got jobbed with a draw. Close decisions normally go to more marketable fighters with longer shelf lifes, it's business and GGG should have known this.

Roy Jones Jr was right when he said Canelo came forward and GGG didn't do anything with it. I blame it on bad fight plan and not adjusting mid fight to turn up the heat and make it a Hagler/Hearns war like you mentioned.

On top of that GGG seemed to get older over his last 2 fights, he should have went for broke while he had the chance.

Comment

He saw the fire in Canelo's eyes in the ring and was scared to trade.

He said during the press conference that he sees a scared fighter in Canelo, then in the ring he was the one who was scared as hell to trade cause he saw Canelo was in there to knock him out and was ready to trade and take a punch. GGG was not ready for that, he really believed Canelo was scared and was taken off guard when Canelo showed up to fight.

Comment

Abel Sanchez: I wanted GGG to fight Canelo, he decided to box

Your own trainer is basically calling you out

“I scored the fight even. I thought that the 12th round was the pivotal round. I said to Golovkin in the corner that I thought we were behind in about the 8th or 9th, and I told him I needed the rounds at the end. I thought it was even, but you know what? Canelo won, and that’s what’s important.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/9/1...decided-to-box

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    ... that was made to look utterly destructive behind years of careful matchmaking.

Ouma, Brook, Jacobs, Alvarez twice, Geale, maybe Martin Murray, maybe David Lemieux.

Whenever he's been put in with someone who they think can even kinda fight, the style changes.
                    Here’s the truth!

Comment

He tried he just couldnt out war Canelo. Its as simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                      X