No announcement yet.

[PROSCORE] Freddy Norwood vs Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PROSCORE] Freddy Norwood vs Juan Manuel Marquez

First time I saw Marquez fight was the Pacquiao 04' fight. I was like, yo who is this guy!?!? Instant fan says it best. I will say I used to see Norwood fight a bunch so I might have seen this fight but don't remember it.

I hear people talk about this robbery a lot, so I figured it was time to give this a score, a real score. I like how Jerry Roth scores: power, clean punching, effective aggression, etc. Not like this idiot Lederman where I queued him up saying he was scoring for JMM based on aggression. Aggression has to be effective, NOT ineffective.

My Score

Ringside Judges Score
    Artur Ellensohn: 117-112
    Stanley Christodoulou: 115-111
    Duane Ford: 114-112

Analysis

I watched parts of these rounds more than once due to poor resolution quality. I consider my score to be very accurate. Yes, JMM was more aggressive, but Norwood landed the cleaner and harder blows. I watched the knockdown in round 8 a few times to see if they tangled legs. The overhead angle clearly shows no tangle so I gave the knockdown to JMM. I thought JMM lost the round overall which is why I scored it 10-9 instead of 10-8.

Closing Comments
    Norwood doesn't get extra points for being the champ, like you got to beat the champ bullcrap. JMM's inaccuracy, slow start, and the knockdown screwed him over.

One round either way, I'm not ****ting a bird. Norwood winning isn't robbery. The only robbery I'm seeing here is Ellensohn's score of 117-112. Christodoulou, I would like to see his score card. Ford's score of 114-112 is very reasonable.
    Last edited by McNulty; 04-08-2018, 11:05 PM.

I recall it being a close fight as well. It's just Marquez's style. He's going to make fights close. Doesn't mean he got robbed.

Comment

Yeah another close fight, a robbery is Lara not getting the win over Paul Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Yeah another close fight, a robbery is Lara not getting the win over Paul Williams.
        That one was disgusting.

Comment

Working...
        X