Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of current fighters only who'll be greats who'll be HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of current fighters only who'll be greats who'll be HOF?

Sensible posters only.

Who's going to be

All-time great (obviously HOF)

Generational great (obviously HOF)

Very good hall of fame lock (like Cotto not great but clearly HOF)

Very good for the era but not quite HOF

?

I think the two all-time greats still working on their legacies are destined for it are Crawford and Lomachenko whereas Pacquaio is already an ATG.

Generational greats I see GGG, Canelo, Usyk, Inoue, Estrada, Chocolatito and probably Spence.

Mikey Garcia and Joshua I see as being very, very good but entering the HOF as a sure thing but not quite a great fighter.

Santa Cruz, Frampton, Thurman, Danny Garcia, Charlo's, Kovalev, Lara, Rigo, Linares I see as guys that will go down as very good but not quite HOF.

Gvozdyk and Bivol I think it's a little early on them to make a prediction if things go well they have the talent to be in there but too hard to tell right now.

Pacquiao is an all time great for sure. I think GGG is an all time great for what he has already done and any loss he may take now can be attributed to being old and past prime. I think Loma, Spence and Crawford all have the potential to be great and maybe all time greats but it's too early to know. I don't think Ward is great but he is a sure thing for the hall of fame.Mikey is also a sure hall of fame fighter and could someday be considered a great fighter or even an all time great. Kovalev will make it into the Hall of fame in my opinion. I think AJ and Wilder are too flawed to ever be thought of as great but either of them could make it to the hall of fame especially AJ.The hall of fame has some boxers in it who were not great so great is harder to be than a hall of fame boxer and an all time great is the highest possible achievement. Of course not everybody agrees on who is an all time great. Even Pacquiao and Mayweather aren't considered an all time great by everyone. It's very early but I see signs of potential greatness in Bivol. I make no claims for him yet and he could lose his next fight. I just have high expectations for him that's all.

Comment

You can’t possibly predict that far into the future IMO. The majority of the guys you’ve named have the ability to have great careers but who knows how long there careers will last and whether they’ll get those defining fights?
      Pac is obviously an ATG. Canelo could likely retire tomorrow and have a decent chance of making the HOF. Roman Gonzalez is already a HOF’er IMO. Loma is also a HOF contender already IMO purely based on his amateur accomplishments, but he still has a lot to accomplish in the pro’s. He has the ability to be an ATG but is nowhere near that status yet.
      All the other guys you named still have a lot to accomplish and prove before they can be considered for the HOF.

Comment

Probably Cletus Seldin and David Lemieux

Comment

Spike O'Sullivan if he can land a Gabe Rosado fight

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            I think GGG is an all time great for what he has already done

Comment

ATG: Loma, Crawford, possibly Mikey but the next two years will determine. Pac obvious.

Generational: GGG, Inoue, Gonzalez, Spence, with Gvozdyk and Canelo TBD.

VERY GOOD as possible HOF: Joshua, Thurman, Russell Jr, and Kovalev if he can dominate 175 again.

Very good but not HOF: Danny Garcia, Santa Cruz, Andrade, Charlos, Rigo, Frampton, Cuadras, Rung, Usyk, Khan, Brook, Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Pacquiao is an all time great for sure. I think GGG is an all time great for what he has already done and any loss he may take now can be attributed to being old and past prime. I think Loma, Spence and Crawford all have the potential to be great and maybe all time greats but it's too early to know. I don't think Ward is great but he is a sure thing for the hall of fame.Mikey is also a sure hall of fame fighter and could someday be considered a great fighter or even an all time great. Kovalev will make it into the Hall of fame in my opinion. I think AJ and Wilder are too flawed to ever be thought of as great but either of them could make it to the hall of fame especially AJ.The hall of fame has some boxers in it who were not great so great is harder to be than a hall of fame boxer and an all time great is the highest possible achievement. Of course not everybody agrees on who is an all time great. Even Pacquiao and Mayweather aren't considered an all time great by everyone. It's very early but I see signs of potential greatness in Bivol. I make no claims for him yet and he could lose his next fight. I just have high expectations for him that's all.
                Pffftttt! this thread is wak.

Comment

Atg- manny, Ward

First ballot hall of fame- lomachenko, canelo, Mikey, Crawford, golovkin

Hall of famer- Joshua, Spence, kovolev, Roman Gonzalez

Borderline hall of fame- Danny Garcia, salido, linares, rigo, Estrada, mares

Comment

nomaschenko will be the goat.

Comment

Working...
                    X