No announcement yet.

How can Donaire beat Rigondeaux...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by killacash View Post
    For Donaire to beat Rigondeaux is simple. Rigondeaux will mostly box and counter off his back foot so what I would have Donaire do is take a shot to give a shot. He has to throw a counter to counter Rigo's counter.
    he tried that, but it hurts a lot...

Comment

• Rigo has alot of experience boxing styles from tech. boxers to come forward punchers because amatuer boxing styles have incorperated a wider variety of styles in recent years. He's smart and he's a counter mover/counter puncher and won't throw multi-combination if he's in with a guy thats stronger.
      BUT.............the main reason for his success against Donaire is the southpaw vs conventional fighter!!
      Donaire came in out of condition and thats 100% on him, he got out boxed 95% of their bout. Things can change if first gets in condition and then pressures Rigo the right ways! It won't be easy because he needs to bring the fight to Rigo but thats hows its done. Rigo on his back leg without pressure is a comfortable fighter but if his jab is sent back to him and the right hands thrown are NOT at the head he will need to adjust. Pressure fighter against counter boxer can be a great fight but it is on the pressure guy to make the fight, not easy because your not just using all your energy and strength your puting yourself in harms way FIRST! Its always dangerous to committ if it doesn't work you have no where to go.
      I do believe Donaire has the tools to give Rigo a very tuff fight but I'm not sure he has the mentality! Rigo will step up to his competitions level but again I don't know if Donaire can. Hopefully we see a rematch because I still think that physically they set up nicely! Ray
      Last edited by Ray Corso; 04-30-2013, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• No. He is just another level than Nonito.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
          LOL playing the counter game with Donaire is playing with fire. He has amazing speed, great accuracy and insane one punch KO power. If anything it's guys that can get inside and try to bully him around that have a better chance at beating him. Concepcion had success because he was so much bigger than donaire when they fought.

Rigo's chin + Donaire's speed, power and accuracy = highlight reel KO. No way Rigo avoids nonito's punches thru 12 rounds.
          Nonito made a career beating bums, smaller, and past his prime boxers. He never improved his skills once he moved up to higher divisions.. Magdaleno, Rigondeaux, and Walters exposed him as a boxer who relied on his left hook. Oscar Valdez KO's him if they fight this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
            Well it'd be the other way around, you should be asking, how can Donaire defend against Rigondeaux? Donaire is the no.1 at the division right now.

I don't agree though. Respect for your opinion and all, but i've seen nothing in Rigondeaux showing he could beat a beast like Donaire.
            That's why you never ranked a fighter no.1 unless he fights an elite competition. Even before the Rigondeaux fight he looked like crap against mediocre oppositions. Every time donaire stepped up he losses a fight. He is a -B fighter good at besting C Level Oppositions.

Comment

Working...
            X