Collapse
No announcement yet.

Castlevania:Lords of Shadow Review's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished it, loved it. It's a contender of my game of the year with mass effect 2 and darksiders.

My only gripe is that the combat could have used a little bit more variety, after all the only weapon you get is the Chain whip. You do get new combos really often and other secondary weapons but other weapons would have been nice too.

Graphics, sound, voice acting, the combat the puzzles and the epic boss battles make for a great game.

The story was really good as well, but if you beat it, don't turn off the game during the generic, either wait for it to finish or skip it, the true ending is after the credits and it blew my fcking mind.

Can't wait for the sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
      Just finished it, loved it. It's a contender of my game of the year with mass effect 2 and darksiders.

My only gripe is that the combat could have used a little bit more variety, after all the only weapon you get is the Chain whip. You do get new combos really often and other secondary weapons but other weapons would have been nice too.

Graphics, sound, voice acting, the combat the puzzles and the epic boss battles make for a great game.

The story was really good as well, but if you beat it, don't turn off the game during the generic, either wait for it to finish or skip it, the true ending is after the credits and it blew my fcking mind.

Hmm I might have to check this out as a long time castlevania fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
        Hmm I might have to check this out as a long time castlevania fan.
        EQ: I didn't read anything you wrote, cause I am playing the game as we speak (don't want any spoilers)...

But man, did you finish every level with a 100%? The first few I got 92%, and as I progress in the game, I keep getting less than 68%...I see that it is the type of game that you may have to go back and find things (I have went back on several levels to find crap, and raise my %), but man, It is taking a lot of time. I shouldn't complain though, I am getting my $60 bucks worth no doubt!!!

Crazy: Yes, it is worth it!!!!!

Comment

Im laughing now on those who said that this title will flop. Castlevania don't have a good 3d game? Well, we have one good game now in Lords of Shadows. I kinda disagree with the review of IGN and gamespot though. they should have rate it at least higher than Lament of Innocence (7.9 from GameSpot) since it has major improvement since that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Martin View Post
            Im laughing now on those who said that this title will flop. Castlevania don't have a good 3d game? Well, we have one good game now in Lords of Shadows. I kinda disagree with the review of IGN and gamespot though. they should have rate it at least higher than Lament of Innocence (7.9 from GameSpot) since it has major improvement since that game.
            I have learned over the years not to trust IGN. They are a joke, and if games don't have "certain titles" (halo,fable,gears,metalgear,god of war,etc), the game only gets have a chance from those bunch of fanboys..

I pay attention to Game informers reviews...They gave the game (Castlevania) a 9 out of 10.

I must say, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
              EQ: I didn't read anything you wrote, cause I am playing the game as we speak (don't want any spoilers)...

But man, did you finish every level with a 100%? The first few I got 92%, and as I progress in the game, I keep getting less than 68%...I see that it is the type of game that you may have to go back and find things (I have went back on several levels to find crap, and raise my %), but man, It is taking a lot of time. I shouldn't complain though, I am getting my $60 bucks worth no doubt!!!

Crazy: Yes, it is worth it!!!!!

No i didn't finish every level with 100%. I went back for a lot of the upgrades and places i knew i could access by aquiring new powers. Also tried to do the trials to those level. But i didn't find all the gems and weapon upgrades.

By the way there wasn't any spoilers in my previous post, but the only thing you should know which isn't a spoiler is that once you finish the game don't turn off your console right away. The true ending is after the end credits. Which made me **** a brick.

Originally posted by Frank Martin View Post

Agreed, i take everything ign says with a grain of salt. It seems to me a lot of their reviewers aren't really gamers if that makes any sense.

And i also beleive that 7.5 for lords of shadows is too low. The game is easily a 9 for me, maybe even 9.5, i really really enjoyed it.

I hope they make a sequel, cause i will buy it day 1.

Comment

Working...
              X