Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOVIE Theatre Fights HURT PPV NUMBERS??? DOnt tHey???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOVIE Theatre Fights HURT PPV NUMBERS??? DOnt tHey???

Im not saying it hurts overall revenue, cause thats simply not true.

But does it effect the numbers PPV wise?

Or does a ticket sale count as a PPV sale? or does it count as like a close-circuit gate type of sale?

They don't count theater tickets as PPV. I don't see how it wouldn't hurt PPV numbers. 400+ theaters.. Thats nuts.

Revenue will be off the charts though at 20 bucks a person.

Comment

why do you care about ppv numbers?
      what's your cut?

Comment

Someone correct me if Im wrong but I think they count each ticket as a PPV Buy.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          you are wrong

Comment

I believe you are wrong. I remember reading something back in the Marquez fight, Dan Rafael said they don't count towards PPV. Maybe im wrong. I think they should count towards PPV. Every 2 tickets though.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
              you are wrong
              So how do they count them?

Comment

So how do they count them?
                they count the revenue. thats all that matters.

Comment

http://www.examiner.com/x-34564-New-...ng-PPV-in-2009

"Trailing behind both PPV's was the comeback of Floyd Mayweather (40-0, 25 KO's) in September when he unanimously outpointed lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez (50-5-1, 37 KO's). That PPV, supported by a spectacular undercard featuring a lightweight title between Michael Katsidis vs. Vicente Escobedo and Chris John vs. Rocky Juarez, drew 1.2 million PPV buys. Mayweather - Marquez was also shown in hundreds of movie theater's across the United States. Figures for theater showings of the fight count towards closed circuit sales, not PPV buys."

Comment

Originally posted by **US Power** View Post
                    http://www.examiner.com/x-34564-New-...ng-PPV-in-2009

"Trailing behind both PPV's was the comeback of Floyd Mayweather (40-0, 25 KO's) in September when he unanimously outpointed lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez (50-5-1, 37 KO's). That PPV, supported by a spectacular undercard featuring a lightweight title between Michael Katsidis vs. Vicente Escobedo and Chris John vs. Rocky Juarez, drew 1.2 million PPV buys. Mayweather - Marquez was also shown in hundreds of movie theater's across the United States. Figures for theater showings of the fight count towards closed circuit sales, not PPV buys."
                    Thanks...............

Comment

Working...
                    X