Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Predicts Very Brutal KO of Fury: His Entire Body Will Spin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
    I definitely think Wilder believes he has to KO Fury to win, but I'm not so sure he's has put that kind of fear into him with his last 2 comeback performances. His management on the other hand are obviously shitting themselves at the prospect of losing the only thing they have ... Wilder's WBC belt that Chris Arreola and Bermane Stiverne previously fought for when Vitali vacated it

I'm not entirely convinced that Fury isn't shitting himself at the prospect of fighting a faster, lighter fighter with far greater punching power either. Between 2016 and 2018 Fury was a mental wreck, a physical wreck, and a drug addict etc NOT the undefeated Lineal Heavyweight Champion of the World that he's being touted as (though technically he still was)
    I don't think Wilder is faster than Fury, and certainly not slicker. All Wilder has is a punch. Fury is a master at mind games, is very slick, and has a lot of speed... especially for a big guy. IMO Wilder ONLY has a puncher's chance. We'll find out soon enough though.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      I don't think Wilder is faster than Fury, and certainly not slicker. All Wilder has is a punch. Fury is a master at mind games, is very slick, and has a lot of speed... especially for a big guy. IMO Wilder ONLY has a puncher's chance. We'll find out soon enough though.
      Fury moves very well but I think Wilder can land his power shots significantly faster, at least the straight ones. I never meant to imply he was a better boxer technically than Fury though, obviously that isn't true and never will be.

Just spent some time watching highlights from both fighters and I still think Wilder's straight 1-2 is faster than Fury's, but Tyson's reaction speed and timing was phenomenal albeit against shorter guys like Hammer, Chisora and Cunningham. The Wladimir performance was good but hard to say how good given that the champion hardly threw any punches.

The highlights are lots of Fury boxing, circling off, repeatedly landing jabs and throwing combinations to the head and body ... Wilder's highlights are him throwing the same devastating 1-2 followed by various hook & overhand combinations once he has his opponent hurt, so it's kinda hard to compare them directly.

These Fury highlights are definitely more enjoyable than I remember the full fights being lol

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
        Yeah I guess you didn't see when a cruiserweight put him on his ass.
        Lol. They probably missed when the master boxer fury uppercutted his own damn self in the face too. Lol. Or my personal favorite......when nicolai firtha( a guy who wilder manhandled in 4 rounds) beat fury around the ring for an entire round only to be the victim of a hometown robbery by the UK referee. Wilder is gonna knock this dude in the nosebleed seats.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          I guess you didn't see a LHW knock Wilder the fck out with 16oz gloves and head gear.
          If it wasn't for YouTube, neither would you. You never even heard of the guy who did it, and you wouldn't bet a penny to a million bucks that he would do it again now. Stop with the hating. Wilder is soon to be the lineal, wbc champion, and the new ppv king.

Comment

wilder needs to go to the body, break him down and stop head hunting. I hope their physical match up leads him to do this, if he head hunts he will make it harder on himself vs a taller guy with a long reach who can stand tall, lean back and keep his head out of range. Vitali was a guy who knew how to use his height to keep his head out of reach. With furys history of abusing his body, its even more reason for wilder to bang him to the body, that will also get him to lower his guard, crouch over/not stand tall to protect it even more plus tire him out. I dont know if wilder is smart enough to do that though, even the best heavies today are several levels below some of the best guys in the lower divisions in terms of skill and ring savy.

You look at a guy like 70s foreman who was considered crude and just a guy with a big punch but he knew how to go to the body, he broke down iron chined chavez by going to the body. He even had a lot of dirty (illegal) tricks, he would push someone off him and as they were moving back punch them while they were off balance and not able to defend well.

One of wilder's biggest liabilities in this fight to me is him head hunting and always going for the KO. Fury will look to stay out of range and arm punch to gather up points over 12 and maintain his energy. People act like he schooled wlad, but that was a garbage sloppy close fight, but he used just the above strategy to outland and score round after round on wlad who was gun shy and or couldnt pull the trigger. It was ugly but it worked.
            Last edited by elfag; 10-23-2018, 04:46 AM.

Comment

The only one that's gona be spinning is Wilder, when he punches himself off balance.

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Originally posted by Zn1 View Post
                Fury moves very well but I think Wilder can land his power shots significantly faster, at least the straight ones. I never meant to imply he was a better boxer technically than Fury though, obviously that isn't true and never will be.

Just spent some time watching highlights from both fighters and I still think Wilder's straight 1-2 is faster than Fury's, but Tyson's reaction speed and timing was phenomenal albeit against shorter guys like Hammer, Chisora and Cunningham. The Wladimir performance was good but hard to say how good given that the champion hardly threw any punches.

The highlights are lots of Fury boxing, circling off, repeatedly landing jabs and throwing combinations to the head and body ... Wilder's highlights are him throwing the same devastating 1-2 followed by various hook & overhand combinations once he has his opponent hurt, so it's kinda hard to compare them directly.

These Fury highlights are definitely more enjoyable than I remember the full fights being lol
                Some good points. I think Fury is a better finisher than Wilder. Wilder goes wacko insane with uncontrolled windmills out the wazoo, whereas Fury is more methodical and doesn't appear to be as 'desperate' to end things in 2 seconds flat. I think we'll see some interesting bits throughout the fight... no matter how it ends up.

Comment

Working...
                X