No announcement yet.

Top 5 P4P Ranking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    Of course Pacquiao is not even near a top 5 AT P4P list, or top 10. Mayweather is not even top 10, and he showed himself considerably better than Pacquiao.

You sad old man...

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      I do not believe Pac is going to beat JC Chavez.

More jokes!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!

Comment

Pacquiao, knocked cold in his prime more than once, and not just from head shots either, will make the top 50 AT. No scrub. However, maybe a steroid bull. No exact proof, just some circumstantial evidence with fair strength.

Then there is the other possibility--that Pacman conducted his career cleanly, forced to fight steroid bulls all the way, and beat them all anyway, minus Mayweather. Both were old men whom the other's younger self would have crushed.

Pac is the greatest Asian fighter AT. That is one hell of an accolade. Of course it does not mean he could beat Chavez, who is usually ranked the second greatest Latin fighter ever. Hell of a fight, no doubt. Myself, I would pick Chavez. What is so unusual about that, you goon?

Comment

1) Greb
          2) Duran
          3) Robinson
          4) Pep
          5) Langford

I suspect Lomachenko is only a fight or two away from knocking Langford out of the top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Zmerai Khan View Post
            1) Greb
            2) Duran
            3) Robinson
            4) Pep
            5) Langford

I suspect Lomachenko is only a fight or two away from knocking Langford out of the top 5.
            I suspect you're an alt and a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              I suspect you're an alt and a troll.
              Top 5 ain’t bad, but ofc the loma comment is lulz.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                Top 5 ain’t bad, but ofc the loma comment is lulz.
                I may be wrong, but it just seems like a way to intergrate nonsense. Jmo.

Comment

1. Harry Greb

Didnt used to be a believer in rating guys who I havent seen, but the more you look at his resume, the more you understand how good the guys he beat were, the more insane this guy becomes. He must have been a hell of a fighter. He has a genuine shot at being the greatest MW and the greatest LHW ever. Dont get me wrong, not many would put him top in both, but he is in the argument. Thats 2 of the deepest divisions ever.

2. Sugar Ray Robinson

Well, what needs to be said. GOAT WW by quite some way. One of the greatest MWs. A who's who of HoFers, top contenders on his resume and one of the most aesthetic styles ever to grace our sport. Probably the most gifted fighter ever, not athlete, but fighter.

3. Sam Langford

Im not as clued up on Sam as others are, but even a rudimentary knowledge of the movers and shakers of his era is enough to see how great was. A slew of the best fighters from WW to HW, most the time being massively outweighed, grace his resume. One of the most feared and avoided fighters ever.

4. Henry Armstrong

For a period of 3 years, 1937-1940, Armstrong might have been the greatest fighter who ever lived. Im not sure anyone has blazed quite as brightly as Homicide Hank did winning 3 divisional titles, in an 8 weight 1 title era, setting a record number of title defences at WW (a record I believe still stands to this day), an defeating a number of bonafide greats in the process. Even after he lost to Zivic, he was still able to pick up some really good wins, including Zivic himself. The shortness of his absolute blaze of a prime holds him back from touching the top 3 imo, but for those 3 years, nobody can hold a candle to what he achieved.

5. Ezzard Charles

IMO the greatest LHW of all time, one of the few fighters to pick up great wins from MW all the way up to HW, his resume is astonishing. His skillset maybe the most complete i have ever seen in terms of the variety of ways he could beat you, he could box, he could brawl, he could move, he could punch etc, he had everything.

No left field picks from me. These guys are in many lists, and they deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    1. Harry Greb

Didnt used to be a believer in rating guys who I havent seen, but the more you look at his resume, the more you understand how good the guys he beat were, the more insane this guy becomes. He must have been a hell of a fighter. He has a genuine shot at being the greatest MW and the greatest LHW ever. Dont get me wrong, not many would put him top in both, but he is in the argument. Thats 2 of the deepest divisions ever.

2. Sugar Ray Robinson

Well, what needs to be said. GOAT WW by quite some way. One of the greatest MWs. A who's who of HoFers, top contenders on his resume and one of the most aesthetic styles ever to grace our sport. Probably the most gifted fighter ever, not athlete, but fighter.

3. Sam Langford

Im not as clued up on Sam as others are, but even a rudimentary knowledge of the movers and shakers of his era is enough to see how great was. A slew of the best fighters from WW to HW, most the time being massively outweighed, grace his resume. One of the most feared and avoided fighters ever.

4. Henry Armstrong

For a period of 3 years, 1937-1940, Armstrong might have been the greatest fighter who ever lived. Im not sure anyone has blazed quite as brightly as Homicide Hank did winning 3 divisional titles, in an 8 weight 1 title era, setting a record number of title defences at WW (a record I believe still stands to this day), an defeating a number of bonafide greats in the process. Even after he lost to Zivic, he was still able to pick up some really good wins, including Zivic himself. The shortness of his absolute blaze of a prime holds him back from touching the top 3 imo, but for those 3 years, nobody can hold a candle to what he achieved.

5. Ezzard Charles

IMO the greatest LHW of all time, one of the few fighters to pick up great wins from MW all the way up to HW, his resume is astonishing. His skillset maybe the most complete i have ever seen in terms of the variety of ways he could beat you, he could box, he could brawl, he could move, he could punch etc, he had everything.

No left field picks from me. These guys are in many lists, and they deserve it.
                    Great list!! I have Langford at the one spot with Greb second, than Robinson, Armstrong and Charles to round out the top 5. But I have no problem with any of the top three being ranked in any order in the top three spots.

Comment

Leonard like Sanchez, had a very short reign but they did more than most guys in a 20 year career

Comment

Working...
                      X