Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Expects To Eventually Move To 154, 160 Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
    Getting fat huh?
    Did we just read the same article? I could've sworn he said "in a couple years."

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
    exactly. Canelo hands just as fast , better defense, Better chin against bigger fighters and just as good as a body puncher. Plus he is more versatile. Canelo takes him to deep water and drowns him.
    Canelo tires halfway through every fight. It'll probably be earlier against Errol, because he goes to the body early and often. But yeah, I'd like to see him clean out 147 before he even entertains moving up to fight anybody else.

Originally posted by Infa View Post
    Craw Daddy will Tap that Truth before he even goes to 154. Spence wont leave 147 Undefeated Guaranteed.
    Crawford is a great fighter, but a lot of you are going to get your feelings hurt.

That said, behind Wilder-AJ, this is the most anticipated fight for me, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
      Lol, You silly fool! Spence is no Mayweather!
      You saw how Brook was taxing that ass when he fought Spence??
      What do you think Canelo would do?
      It's a great fight between Canelo and Spence and I actually give Spence a good shot to beat Canelo but you need to stop being such a dickrider just cause he's black like you and realize that Canelo ain't the same fighter he once was when he fought Mayweather and realize that Spence ain't Mayweather!
      That's reality!
      Brook landed cleaner and more effective shots on GGG than Canelo did.

The only issue is that Brook was undersized and obviously has fragile eye sockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Laszlo View Post
        I thought Spence ducked a superfight against Miguel Conto at 154??
        Golden Girl put a clause that Spence has to sign for them if he wants the fight.

Of course he said no, same reason Mikey said no. Both have no promoters and they like that way.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          so anyone from 154-168?
          Lol, that's not what he said bruh

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
            Did we just read the same article? I could've sworn he said "in a couple years."

Canelo tires halfway through every fight. It'll probably be earlier against Errol, because he goes to the body early and often. But yeah, I'd like to see him clean out 147 before he even entertains moving up to fight anybody else.

Crawford is a great fighter, but a lot of you are going to get your feelings hurt.

That said, behind Wilder-AJ, this is the most anticipated fight for me, personally.
            Yeah as long as Spence can take Canelo's punches he should be able to wear him down and possibly stop him.

Problem I see is if he doesn't stop him he might have conceded too many early rounds to win a decision.

I doubt he knocks Canelo down either the guy has an iron chin and iron will, if he stopped him it would be due to accumulated damage.

One thing about Spence is that he doesn't tire the guy punches every minute of every round and every punch is thrown at near full throttle. He goes on like that throughout the fight as we saw against Kell Brook he can do it for twelve rounds straight.

Also for someone with stamina issues like Canelo must be a nightmare to go up against such an accurate, powerful, and consistent body puncher.

Having said that Canelo is a great counter puncher so the Spence's style plays into his hands. He has great combination speed and has decent power too.

The problem here is that he doesn't have Lara or Mayweather like legs and Spence is extremely efficient at cutting off the ring and he is always in position to punch. The only way for Canelo to offset this is therefore with his power and physical strength, advantages that he should have over a guy who is currently a welterweight.

However if Spence is not fazed by his power than Canelo will be in a heck of a lot of trouble.

GGG was fazed by Canelo's counter punching speed and accuracy, and power I supposed since he walked through Brook anyway but hesitated with Canelo, will the same happen to Spence?

One obvious difference is that, counter punching speed or not, Spence will not neglect the body like GGG did, he is the body snatcher of the modern age.

Canelo would be favored to win if they fought today. He is too big, too strong, too experienced.

It aint that he is a better talent than Spence, they are both extremely talented, but there are weight classes for a reason. There is a reason Canelo took his time moving up to the full limit of 160lbs despite previously fighting at 155lbs.

Spence should just focus on what's in front of him, conquer welterweight and the junior middleweight, and the move to middleweight.

Canelo will still be there, he aint going nowhere. He could fight at 168 just like Mayweather fought at 154, but 160 is his ceiling just like 147 was Mayweather's ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
              Lol, that's not what he said bruh
              daggum

He said “154-160 easy for me”

Comment

Why would you do that? Why don't you fight thurman crawford and porter?

Why are these guys so terrified of each other? Ugh this crop of welterweights makes me sick.

Comment

Originally posted by KEY LOW View Post
                  Why would you do that? Why don't you fight thurman crawford and porter?

Why are these guys so terrified of each other? Ugh this crop of welterweights makes me sick.
                  I read your book on Aliens. Good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post

You think Errol really wants 160?

Comment

October 2019 is 4 months away since this article mayne

Comment

Working...
                      X