Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We have enough threads arguing about the decision, so how about...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Don't think either of these guys will be the same after this fight.

Someone said bring back 15 rounds. I don't reckon either guy would be able to be ok after 15 rounds of what we saw on Saturday. Any other fighter would of been put down by the bombs each guy was throwing.

People use the term "Going Life or Death' when it comes to close fights. This fight was just that.

Comment

Agreed. It was a great fight. Miles better than the first.

Comment

great fight, very close... this is one ill go back and watch here in there when chilling and listening to music

Comment

Yeah was a good fight, it was a bit sad as a GGG fan seeing how much he has aged (he was breathing heavy in the 3rd or 4th round) but he showed heart and the will of a champion to fight back.

And as much as I hate to admit it, Canelo was also very good, he stood his ground and threw some brilliant shots. He also recovered very quickly the few times he did seem hurt.

I'ts also a bit sad that there hasnt been a single thread/comment that I have seen about the undercard fights. I thought chocolatito for example looked good and his fight was an entertaining one.

Comment

Damn, how was it watching it in the theatre? I was going to do that but got a bunch of things came up on Saturday. Always wanted to do that.

And yeah, it was a great fight. Watching it live, it was razor close and I have no problem with the decision. No outrageous cards at least. It does bug me that every 'close' fight seems to go Canelo's way, and I would have preferred they gave it to Golovkin because I thought he fought a better fight.

It really was terrific fight though - those chins are legit AF, and the skills were A class from both. Canelo improved significantly, but Golovkin did as well and was right there with him. The narrative before the rematch was 'Canelo is a runner, stand and fight' and 'Golovkin is a skill-less ape who can't fight going backwards'. Now look at how the stories have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              Damn, how was it watching it in the theatre? I was going to do that but got a bunch of things came up on Saturday. Always wanted to do that.

And yeah, it was a great fight. Watching it live, it was razor close and I have no problem with the decision. No outrageous cards at least. It does bug me that every 'close' fight seems to go Canelo's way, and I would have preferred they gave it to Golovkin because I thought he fought a better fight.

It really was terrific fight though - those chins are legit AF, and the skills were A class from both. Canelo improved significantly, but Golovkin did as well and was right there with him. The narrative before the rematch was 'Canelo is a runner, stand and fight' and 'Golovkin is a skill-less ape who can't fight going backwards'. Now look at how the stories have changed.
              It was great in the theatre I watched it in. For the record, I'm in Houston.

Fans were respectful, overall. I heard many cheering for Canelo and/or Golovkin, or both, but more importantly, no boos or "**** ___!!!". Everyone got really hyped later in the fight (when it started turning up).

****, people started applauding after each round from like Rounds 8 and onwards when the fight starting getting really good, and of course, after the fight ended.

No boos or anything, just respect. Boxing fans are some of the worst in any sport, but this crowd was actually really good.

Comment

At the end of the fight I thought wow great fight and not a dull round. It was what the first fight should have been like.

The thought that it was a robbery never even entered my head. I thought it was a close Canelo win could maybe even see a draw. I didn't score the fight though just my feelings.

I didn't watch on HBO so I wonder how much that plays on peoples perceptions.

Comment

Working...
                X