Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notice fighters getting brave now that Golovkin is 35 and showing slippage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Porter's Dad View Post
    I, of course, expect to be shot down on here because in BoxingScene land, we like to pretend that a whole bunch of fighters never ducked Golovkin but he ducked Ward.

But...just indulge me for a second.

Saunders - is on video admitting he was waiting for Golovkin to get old (it's the one where he calls GGG a p*ssy). He doesn't even try to lie about it.

In 2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - BJS he starts calling him out.

Canelo - drops his WBC belt to avoid the fight.

In 2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - Canelo finally seems ready to actually make the fight.

Cotto - wouldn't go anywhere near Golovkin, famously "ahhhhhh"ing when asked about fighting Golovkin, only then to correct himself and say "why not" when realising how bad it looked.

2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - Rumours start about Cotto being open to the fight.

Jacobs - asked for 18 months and life-changing money to make a Golovkin fight, until finally mandated to. Gets his money and takes the fight because he basically cannot not take the fight, he would be ruined.

2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - Danny is all over a re-match

Charlo - still boiling down to 154 and Golovkin isn't even on his radar.

2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - Charlo is going to knock Golokin the fock out
    That's pretty accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      So now you are complaining that people want to fight him?? but yall wanted a 38 year old Floyd to MOVE UP AND FIGHT GGG??

i think you're missing a huge part fo the point. floyd mayweather was the fight everybody wanted. you'd look bad but make a lot of money and not take a lot of punsihment. you were expected to look lost at sea. if you had any success at all you'd come out looking better than expected.

golovkin was the most avoided boxer in the world for a long time. there hasn't been a fighter that avoided in a while. now that he's showing signs of slipping everybody wants to fight him. people always wanted to fight floyd, even in his prime. get it?

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
        Ggg slipping isnt about his age, is about the opposition, he fights wade and monroe again and he will be magically rejuvenated...
        This^^^^^

He isn't slipping, just his level of competition was better his last fight and even in the Brook fight as well

Comment

Originally posted by Porter's Dad View Post
          I, of course, expect to be shot down on here because in BoxingScene land, we like to pretend that a whole bunch of fighters never ducked Golovkin but he ducked Ward.

But...just indulge me for a second.

Saunders - is on video admitting he was waiting for Golovkin to get old (it's the one where he calls GGG a p*ssy). He doesn't even try to lie about it.

In 2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - BJS he starts calling him out.

Canelo - drops his WBC belt to avoid the fight.

In 2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - Canelo finally seems ready to actually make the fight.

Cotto - wouldn't go anywhere near Golovkin, famously "ahhhhhh"ing when asked about fighting Golovkin, only then to correct himself and say "why not" when realising how bad it looked.

2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - Rumours start about Cotto being open to the fight.

Jacobs - asked for 18 months and life-changing money to make a Golovkin fight, until finally mandated to. Gets his money and takes the fight because he basically cannot not take the fight, he would be ruined.

2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - Danny is all over a re-match

Charlo - still boiling down to 154 and Golovkin isn't even on his radar.

2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - Charlo is going to knock Golokin the fock out
          so, who has 3g been fighting all these years ? guys who arent ''afraid'' thats who. guys whos contracts sat well with team 3g, thats who. guys who were available, thats who.

no one is ''shook'' at the thought of fighting 3g. people are fighting him (albeit losing) all the time.

Comment

That "slippage" surely can't be attributed to GGG finally stepping up in competition . I guess the excuses are being locked in just in case Canelo or someone above the Wade level beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
              a shot fighter who kills a Coward in Canelo.
              He kills nobody..
              Mark my words, ggg will be the next shot fighter after he fights canelo...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i think you're missing a huge part fo the point. floyd mayweather was the fight everybody wanted. you'd look bad but make a lot of money and not take a lot of punsihment. you were expected to look lost at sea. if you had any success at all you'd come out looking better than expected.

golovkin was the most avoided boxer in the world for a long time. there hasn't been a fighter that avoided in a while. now that he's showing signs of slipping everybody wants to fight him. people always wanted to fight floyd, even in his prime. get it?
                that a down right lie..Floyd was chasing Oscar and Mosley since he was at 135 and they refused to fight him..he jumped up in weight just to fight them

Comment

The big scary fighters are always deemed as past it when they struggle against another fighter.

Golovkin has shown the same flaws his whole career he just fought a guy who was better than decent for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                    He kills nobody..
                    Mark my words, ggg will be the next shot fighter after he fights canelo...
                    I'm sure he will be, if Canelo EVER fights him. September, 2018, 2019, or 2020

Comment

I find it hilarious that Jacobs gets absolutely no credit. I had GGG winning the fight pretty decisively even though the fight was fairly close overall. Heading into the fight, Jacobs was 32-1 with 29 kos (88 % ko rating) and the only fight he lost was when he had a family tragedy happen a few days before the fight.

Sorry if GGG didn't KO him but maybe, just maybe, Jacobs isn't some bum and is a really tough opponent who would whoop up on a chump like Candelita? I see all this talk about GGG "slipping", yet he still scored a KD and out punched his opponent by a long margin. Don't be surprised if GGG wins his next fight via KO.

Comment

Working...
                      X