No announcement yet.

Does Loma have a better name than Diego Corrales on his resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
    I would say yea in Walters and Gary Rusell.
    Rusell barley fights but he def a top 5 Feather and still a dangerous fight for anybody at that weight imo

Walters up until Loma made hin quit was bulided as the vicous boogyman every one was afraid of and he was undeafeated champ at the time.

An c'mon you gotta give him credit for Linares dude was in everyones top 20 to 30 p4p st time and rated as either 1 or 2 at 135.
    What are russels and Walters best wins? Linares has no great win on his resume as well

This post is just disrespectful
    Last edited by mcdonalds; 04-15-2019, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
      Mayweather has better names on his resume
      That’s exactly my point LOL . Loma doesn’t even have a better name on his resume than Floyd’s 7th or 8th best win

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
        Russell at his 3rd fight is ridiculous

2nd fight salido is ridiculous

Mayweather doesnt have any of those guys at 2 or 3
        Loma was what? 26 when he fought Russell Floyd was already three division champion at that age

Comment

why is this even a debate?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Loma was what? 26 when he fought Russell Floyd was already three division champion at that age
            He fought him 5-6 years ago? I didn’t realize Loma has been a pro that long

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
              WTF? What are russels and Walters best wins? Linares has no great win on his resume as well

This post is just disrespectful
              Walters ko'ed Doniare, Darchinyan and dominated Sosa and Marriaga

Rusell beat Diaz in what i belive is a decent win
              And ko'ed Gonzalez after he just demolished Mares you cant deny Rusell is a dangerous fight for any feather right now just based on his athleticism alone.

Linares beat down on Mitchell and Cambell were nice plus he was rated as 1 or 2 best 135 fighter in the world at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                I think you misunderstood my comment. I never said Russle Walters and Linares were bums I’m simply saying none of them are better than Corrales at the moment.
                Id rank Rusell over Corrales idk about Walters thoe

Comment

why so defensive man? Loma isn't walking around comparing himself to Floyd. He called Floyd a "legend." He's not a fan of his promoting by talking ish about him (Loma, calling him old and stuff). Don't take it so personally. Loma has some good names on his resume, stop being a hater.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    I see a lot of talk about Mayweather and Lomachenko and I think it’s blasphemous. Does Loma even have a better name on his resume than Diego Corrales? Let’s be honest for a minute. He got dropped by Linares and lost to an almost 40yr old Orlando Salido who had 10+ losses. He beat Rigo but Floyd beat Marquez under the same circumstances, I believe it was an even bigger leap for Rigo than it was Marquez. Also Marquez>Rigo. His fans like to bring up the amount of fights he has but are we really giving him credit for staying in the amateurs for so long and feasting on young kids? Why take shots at Floyd because he’s hands down the better Athlete and Businessman? We all seen pbf at 135 he was stronger, smarter, and more explosive than Loma and that’s just facts.

Does Lomachenko have a better name on his resume than Diego Corrales?
                    You have some obvious mistakes. First off Marquez went up “9 pounds” for 144 lb catchweight fight. Rigo went up 8 pounds for a super featherweight fight. Then Floyd didn’t make the catchweight so Marquez ended up going up 11 lbs.

Salido was Loma 2nd fight. Look who Floyd fought in his second fight? Case closed.

GRJ is at least on par with Corrales. Rigo definitely is on par. Linares just below and Walters bit farther below.

Comment

I don't think we're going to get anywhere with this debate.

I believe the Corrales win was noteworthy because most people thought he was too big and strong for Mayweather. The way Mayweather beat and dominated him was something special. I don't think many people thought too much about how the Russell fight would look for Lomachenko. I'm not sure too many people were surprised by the outcome or thought as highly of Russell. The same with Walters. Some people did give Rigondeaux a real shot to beat Lomachenko but that fight didn't live up to any of its hype.

Either way, Lomachenko has a long way to go before he reaches half the status in boxing as Mayweather. A Mayweather fight was like the Super Bowl. A Lomachenko fight is more like a mid-season Sunday night game.

Comment

Working...
                      X