No announcement yet.

I dont get the issue with Lopez wanting to fight Loma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont get the issue with Lopez wanting to fight Loma

Posters claim he hasnt proved himself and doesnt deserve a shot, well what did Loma do to earn a title shot in his 2nd fight?

Probably because he was famous for being one of, if not the most decorated amateur in history.

There were a few guys who got shots early and they usually were Olympic heroes.

Comment

Loma had Olympic and amateur pedigree but I don't see the issue with fighting Lopez unless you're Teofimo fanboy

Worse case Lopez gets schooled like Canelo v Mayweather and he moves up to 140 best case he knocks Loma the **** out and he becomes a super star

Comment

thing is when you give pro boxers shots in the pro ranks early due to amateur success it opens up a can or worms and really makes it look biased to deny others a chance "because they haven't earned it"

Comment

Teofimo was a garbage amateur and in the pros has not even faced anybody in the top 20, he has same amount of fights as Loma and is an unranked nobody who is getting hyped up by desperate US media and desperate haters of Lomachenko. Who would be interested in that fight outside of dummies? Loma would get crucified for fighting an absolute nobody. Let him fight a top 10 guy first or get a belt then we can talk about it

Comment

lmao this is such a dumb thread. Last time I checked Teofimo Lopez wasn't a 2x olympic gold medalist and 2x AIBA champion with a 396-1 amateur record. I think Teo needs to beat somebody in the top 10 first before he gets a Lomachenko shot.

Comment

there is no issue with lopez wanting to fight loma. thats good. the issue is with posters pretending like loma has to fight him or is ducking him which is nonsense. hes fighting higher ranked fighters than lopez and is ducking? just stupid and you know it.

the reason salido fought loma was this thing called money. loma was unproven but offered him a nice purse. the best purse he could get. does lopez offer loma a great fighter on his resume? no. does he offer him a huge purse? no, hes an undercard fighter. therefore its up to you to provide a reason as to why he should fight him which you have not besides you like him a lot and have fallen for the hype.

we already went through this with rigo. hes ducking hes ducking hes derping! oh he destroyed rigo and then the people who said he was ducking said it was a cherry pick. never try to please irrational haters or fanboys. just wait for the fight when lopez actually does something or has something to offer. as of now he has neither the money nor the standing to demand the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                lmao this is such a dumb thread. Last time I checked Teofimo Lopez wasn't a 2x olympic gold medalist and 2x AIBA champion with a 396-1 amateur record. I think Teo needs to beat somebody in the top 10 first before he gets a Lomachenko shot.
                I actually saw his loss in 2007 at the World Amateur Championships in Chicago,

And I honestly, I nor a lot of people thought he actually lost.

The whole arena was talking about it.

He did avenge that loss on his way to gold medal number 1.

Comment

*runs by with a baseball bat and hits you on the back of the head with full force*Punk .. *bounces*

Comment

Just because he looked invincible vs bums and running his mouth doesnt mean he deserve title shot now

He should earn mandatory spot / belt 1st
                    Or At least rank top 5

Comment

Working...
                    X