No announcement yet.

HBO SHowtime Same night cards. Good or Bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO SHowtime Same night cards. Good or Bad

I realized that March 3rd HBO and Showtime are having separate cards and both are shows I do not want to miss. I personally hate when they go head to head and feel its not good for the sport. Hbo has Kovalev and Bivol/Barerra, and Showtime has the big heavyweight match with Wilder/Ortiz. I find the heavy weight fight the most intriguing, but Bivol Barerra is one i have interest in too.

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
    I realized that March 3rd HBO and Showtime are having separate cards and both are shows I do not want to miss. I personally hate when they go head to head and feel its not good for the sport. Hbo has Kovalev and Bivol/Barerra, and Showtime has the big heavyweight match with Wilder/Ortiz. I find the heavy weight fight the most intriguing, but Bivol Barerra is one i have interest in too.
    It's a travesty. They ruin their potential viewership. Why settle for some of the marbles when you can have all the marbles?
    Last edited by HWChampion; 02-13-2018, 08:57 AM. Reason: .....

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
      It's a travesty. They ruin their potential viewership. Why settle for some of the marbles when you can have all the marbles?
      Yea, the worst is flipping channels and missing a big shot or knockdown from one of the fights. Its lame, i wish they could work off each others schedules to not screw over the fans.

Comment

Boxing isn't the most popular sport so counter programming hurts the sport probably as bad as it hurts the competitor. Expect a lot more of it between HBO, Showtime and ESPN.

Comment

Competition is always good for us boxing fans;The consumer because it gives us more options to choose from. However, from the the rival competing networks standpoint, it's a bad thing because they both stand to lose a lot of viewers and money in that particular time slot.

Comment

It's a pain when they air at the same time. Bivol/Barrera and Ortiz/Wilder are both great fights as well.

On the same night in the UK, There's the Brook card on SKY and the Josh Taylor card on Channel 5. So, that will be another clash.

Comment

Forget March 3rd this weekend there is the Garcia-Rios card and Ortiz-Alexander cards on the same day. Not too sure if its around the same time though.

Comment

It's not a common occurrence.
                The SHO card is much better tho.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  Competition is always good for us boxing fans;The consumer because it gives us more options to choose from. However, from the the rival competing networks standpoint, it's a bad thing because they both stand to lose a lot of viewers and money in that particular time slot.
                  100% agree. Competition is great for the health of the sport. And I think if someone is putting on a weak show others in the business SHOULD try to hijack that date with a better show. Ultimately it'd strengthen the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
                    por que no usas tu dvr fam? Watch one card then immediately the other one. Just stay off social media till its done fam. Thats how I do it

Comment

Working...
                    X