Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Wilder and team drag their feet when Hearn sent them the contract?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
    Why? Probably because it's hard to take seriously an offer from a team that: first wants you to fight one of their stalemates before they sign, then gives you a criminally low ball offer, then names their price for a fight then you ok the price backpeddles all to hell, then sends you an offer with no date

There's only one side that's truly trying to deliver this fight to us and it sure as hell isn't team Joshua.
    But it's easy to take seriously an offer from a team that gives you a 24 hour deadline and doesn't want to attend a already scheduled meeting? You take seriously a team who does things like this?

Neither side really wanted the fight, that is the true. All this back and forth on social media and the bs offers made by both teams were just posturing.
    Last edited by Szef; 08-13-2018, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
      But it's easy to take seriously an offer from a team that gives you a 24 hour deadline and doesn't want to attend a already scheduled meeting? You take seriously a team who does things like this?

Neither side really wanted the fight, that is the true. All this back and forth on social media and the bs offers made by both teams were just posturing.
      If Joshua didnt want the fight ,Hearn would not have made the initial original offer .

When someone avoids a fight they dont approach that fighter ( Wilder ) with any offer bc when you start a negotiating point that usually makes a fight happen .

It was Wilder that halted this fight going way back to November 2017 with his 50% or no fight .

Its evidently clear who didnt want this fight unless an unreasonable deal was made and that didnt come by team Joshua it came by way of two manipulative ppl , Finkel and Wilder the dynamic dummies . lol

Hearn has stated the CURRENT agreed to contract is open for discussion yet Wilder once again demands 50% so Hearn is not going to go out of his way with Wilders ignorance .

Theres only one side making the fight difficult to make any reasonable person could see who and THAT fighter is already telling you the Joshua fight WONT happen in April if ever , does this sound like a guy whos trying to make a fight ?

Reasonable being the key word which is why forums work bc there filled with unreasonable ppl so lengthy discussions are made and created , this one is no different the Wilder fanbase is a testament to that. lol

Anyone using the " No Date " on the contract excuse is one of two things .

1 . A ******

2 . Oblivious

There was only ONE venue available at Cardiff and a specific date was not necessary bc Finkel had it in WRITING that the fight was NEXT and a signed fight gets the WBA out of the picture !

Again this is not how you avoid a fight . lol
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-13-2018, 10:11 AM.

Comment

**** sake tired of reading this ****. Joshua is fighting a big challenge in Povetkin and wilder a big challenge in fury let’s concentrate on that shall we. Instead of playing the blame game with no evidence either way only hearsay and nationalism

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
          I know you're a paid shill who spreads pro Wilder propaganda but who the hell do you think is gonna believe that Wilder accepted a fight for April WITH a rematch clause for him.
          You're making things up. I am paid to explain how the boxing business works. I am not told to push any agenda beyond the truth. Nobody said Wilder accepted an April fight with a rematch clause for him. You made that up.

But also accepted a fight WITHOUT a rematch clause for him if the fight was next.
          Finkel AND Hearn both say he did. There's no question he accepted the fight without a rematch clause for him as long as the fight was next.

What the hell kind of sense does that make. You either want a rematch clause or you don't.
          You don't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need. What Wilder needed was to fight AJ next and he was willing to take a terrible deal in order to get AJ next. Hearn wasn't willing to do the fight next. So Wilder has moved on with his life. And you should too.

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
            who are u to talk about propaganda lmao ur whole shtick here is spouting pro wilder and anti joshua propaganda lmao
            False. My shtick is to spout the truth. I have nothing against Joshua. I have him ranked #1 at heavyweight. I had him favored to beat Wilder had the fight taken place in the UK this year.

Exposing the lies of AJ's promoter doesn't mean I have anything against AJ. I don't even have anything against his promoter. I admire his promoter and the tremendous job he's done. A promoter's job is to lie. When I point out how much Hearn lies, I'm not criticizing him. I'm praising him for a job well done.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              you don'twin the lineage off a guy who didn't fight for two years
              False. That's not how lineage works. There have been heavyweight champions that went three years between defenses of the lineal title. Know your history. Stop making things up.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                False. That's not how lineage works. There have been heavyweight champions that went three years between defenses of the lineal title. Know your history. Stop making things up.

who?

louis?

robinson?

they boxed [or didn't box] during a world war! the entire world was at war .

ali?
                ali was not even licensed to box during his haitus [similar to fury, who was literally suspended,] people considered joe frazier the top HW in the world. but he really wasn't consd9ered the champion until he fought ali.

jack dempsey?

is that who you are talking about? you want to equate a drug suspension and a retirement to the most popular athlete int eh world at the time who was so popular he was allowed to go on furlough to avoid fighing somebody who was black [and probably would have whooped his butt because he was a part timer liek fury?]

you opened up a can of worms once you admitted you were a wilder shill, dude . that's a tough spot to be in . don't expect to be taken seriously when you argue that tyson fury is still lineal champion of the world after no fighting antybody in the top 100 since 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  jack dempsey?

is that who you are talking about? you want to equate a drug suspension and a retirement to the most popular athlete int eh world at the time who was so popular he was allowed to go on furlough to avoid fighing somebody who was black [and probably would have whooped his butt because he was a part timer liek fury?]
                  You're taking your argument in a hundred different directions because you know none of the things you're talking about affect whether you're lineal champion or not. You can go two or three years between defenses and still be lineal champion. Either you're the man who beat the man or you aren't.

don't expect to be taken seriously when you argue that tyson fury is still lineal champion of the world after no fighting antybody in the top 100 since 2015.
                  Doesn't matter if you don't fight anyone in the top 500. Again, you're throwing **** at the wall because you know none of that has anything to do with whether you're lineal or not.

If you want to point out the flaws of the lineal championship or argue that it's meaningless, be my guest. I'm not saying you're wrong. But Fury doesn't stop being the man who beat the man just because an opponent isn't in the top 100. And for you to suggest otherwise shows you either don't understand the lineal championship, or you do understand and you're hoping to fool those that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                    Wilder and his team were too arrogant to acknowledge the existence of the mandatory obligation Hearn had to deal with.
                    Arum, Dela Hoya, or any other promoter would have been on the phone every chance they get with Hearn as soon as they received the contract.
                    Not this Finkel character.
                    Don't know if it's arrogance or fear.
                    He seems so terrified of talking to Eddie.
                    It's interesting that even fans didn't care about Hearn having to deal with the deadline imposed by the WBA. Povetkin was waiting as well. It's as if it's just something you ignore, give up the title, then fight for it later.

Comment

There's no singular agreed upon rules for lineage. To keep it simple is the man who beat the man. Anything about being stripped, drug tests, inactivity, etc... is personal interpretation and just over complicates the process IMO.
                      Last edited by Biolink; 08-14-2018, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X