Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago police set up bait truck near playground where kids are playing basketball

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    I don't actually agree with it in this instance either

however i have no sympathy for the thieves and they shouldn't be defending either way.
    You were dead on about so called "victimless" crimes and used some pretty solid examples.

Remember the lootings and riots in Ferguson and Baltimore a few years back? The logic used back then was that since many of those stores were probably insured, looting the places and burning them down were victimless crimes.

Comment

• It is weird the kinds of things that people accept.

I saw this youtube prank video where some guys left a bike around a park, and it had a hidden cable anchoring it to the ground. All these people tried to steal it, rode about 30 meters, the anchor cable snapped tight, and the thieves went flying.

What sort of messed up place thinks that casual theft is normal or ok? I guess if these guys were in Indonesia, they would be making prank videos of police taking bribes, and the bribe money disappeared or something.

I think it was the casual acceptance of something so messed up that got to me more than watching the thieves go flying (which was pretty funny).

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
        It is weird the kinds of things that people accept.

I saw this youtube prank video where some guys left a bike around a park, and it had a hidden cable anchoring it to the ground. All these people tried to steal it, rode about 30 meters, the anchor cable snapped tight, and the thieves went flying.

What sort of messed up place thinks that casual theft is normal or ok? I guess if these guys were in Indonesia, they would be making prank videos of police taking bribes, and the bribe money disappeared or something.

I think it was the casual acceptance of something so messed up that got to me more than watching the thieves go flying (which was pretty funny).
        That's a crime with a victim

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          That's a crime with a victim
          There are plenty of crimes without victims. Like jaywalking when there isn't a single car on the street for miles.

Theft is always a crime with a victim.

Comment

• This **** is funny. People find out that the truck was locked and it was adults and they still make excuses for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
              There are plenty of crimes without victims. Like jaywalking when there isn't a single car on the street for miles.

Theft is always a crime with a victim.
              How does the police set a person up for jaywalking?

Comment

How does the police set a person up for jaywalking?
                WTF are you talking about?

Comment

Chicago parked a truck near a playground in Chicago where kids were playing basketball. They left the trailer door open and inside were empty Nike shoe boxes. They arrested anyone who went into the truck to investigate the contents.

pssst...they do the same thing with guns but they don't arrest anybody. They allow the guns to flood the streets.
                  This has been going on for years. Old COPS episodes made this famous. Wasn't a problem then, why is it a problem now?

Wait, is it because they're trying to steal stuff?

Comment

Working...
                  X