Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC To FOX?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome...do we keep getting a steady dose of the garbage we got tonight? Who the fk cares if the fights don't mean ****...

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Awesome...do we keep getting a steady dose of the garbage we got tonight? Who the fk cares if the fights don't mean ****...
      Well, you wouldn't be getting these types of fight if they get the deal done. They will have legitimate license fees per cards and you would think they would be able to put SHO type of cards on FOX.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Well, you wouldn't be getting these types of fight if they get the deal done. They will have legitimate license fees per cards and you would think they would be able to put SHO type of cards on FOX.
        If that's the case then great but I doubt it. This will be for their second tier fights with a rare big fight thrown in once or twice a year. Showtime will still get all the big fights i bet .

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          If that's the case then great but I doubt it. This will be for their second tier fights with a rare big fight thrown in once or twice a year. Showtime will still get all the big fights i bet .
          Some writers still think they have time buys going on FOX for the remainder of the year and others say FOX is giving them some small license fees leading to these types of match ups.

But no, if they get legit license fees then you will get better fights period. They will get some very good SHO level fights.

Comment

Let's see if and when this gets done, and the details of it. Rafael was saying FOX wanted full exclusivity and it wasn't all that great of a deal. I don't buy that at all. If FOX wants full exclusivity, they better be willing to pay $100-125 million per year. SHO is already budgeting around 45-50 million to boxing and providing PBC with 15-18 slots a year. That doesn't even count the SHO Extreme platform.

Comment

Let's see if and when this gets done, and the details of it. Rafael was saying FOX wanted full exclusivity and it wasn't all that great of a deal. I don't buy that at all. If FOX wants full exclusivity, they better be willing to pay $100-125 million per year. SHO is already budgeting around 45-50 million to boxing and providing PBC with 15-18 slots a year. That doesn't even count the SHO Extreme platform.

The sad thing is the media knew about this deal for a minute but didn't say a word. Only a random guy on twitter had the nerve to leak it. Fanofreason had this deal out there for two years now. Albeit the details are probably wrong. When it finally gets out the biased media wants to throw any type of shade they can think of. Even Kevin iole tried hinting at this deal for a minute when he said the top rank espn deal is a defensive maneuver. And even they basically had to sell their soul to espn.

Comment

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
                The sad thing is the media knew about this deal for a minute but didn't say a word. Only a random guy on twitter had the nerve to leak it. Fanofreason had this deal out there for two years now. Albeit the details are probably wrong. When it finally gets out the biased media wants to throw any type of shade they can think of. Even Kevin iole tried hinting at this deal for a minute when he said the top rank espn deal is a defensive maneuver. And even they basically had to sell their soul to espn.
                Lol no, freeofreason did not have this deal two years ago. Why? Because this deal wasn't made two years ago. A lot has changed during that time. FOX hadn't lost UFC at that time nor gained Smackdown. A lot of moving parts.

But one of the reasons it hasn't been reported yet is because the deal isn't done. This guy Barbosa isn't trying to break news or write articles like other journalists. He's just a boxing guy with connections and he is throwing out what he is hearing.

Comment

Lol no, freeofreason did not have this deal two years ago. Why? Because this deal wasn't made two years ago. A lot has changed during that time. FOX hadn't lost UFC at that time nor gained Smackdown. A lot of moving parts.

But one of the reasons it hasn't been reported yet is because the deal isn't done. This guy Barbosa isn't trying to break news or write articles like other journalists. He's just a boxing guy with connections and he is throwing out what he is hearing.
                  Two years ago he said PBC would get a deal with fox or atleast was working on it. That part.....IF NOTHING ELSE was correct.

All im saying is that the media has reacted to this news with silence because those who support it don't want to ruin haymons plans and those who are against it don't want to acknowledge it.

Comment

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
                    Two years ago he said PBC would get a deal with fox or atleast was working on it. That part.....IF NOTHING ELSE was correct.

All im saying is that the media has reacted to this news with silence because those who support it don't want to ruin haymons plans and those who are against it don't want to acknowledge it.
                    Of course they were going to try to get a deal with FOX. If I was posting here two years ago I would have told you the same. But working on a deal and getting one done two years later is not close to being the same thing. Are some media members biased against Haymon? Absolutely. But hard to report something if it isn't official or close to being done. You can send out some tweets of what the situation is currently like, but can't write no articles on it. Well you can, but better to wait until it is official.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Of course they were going to try to get a deal with FOX. If I was posting here two years ago I would have told you the same. But working on a deal and getting one done two years later is not close to being the same thing. Are some media members biased against Haymon? Absolutely. But hard to report something if it isn't official or close to being done. You can send out some tweets of what the situation is currently like, but can't write no articles on it. Well you can, but better to wait until it is official.
                      Let's not be naive, we both know what's at play here.

They've been doing it to Haymon for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X