Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk Dominates Gassiev To Unify WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While I don't rate the cruiserweight div AT ALL. Since olexander usyk is now the UNDISPUTED cruiserweight div champ he is now in my top 3 p4p over golovkin & lomachenko he can't beat even the top 10 at heavyweight tho he's way too small & doesn't hit hard enough to keep them off of him

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
      If he was named Oscar Umberto and from Tijuana, you'd be sucking him dry you ****ing no value phagg0t
      Fuuck off you nazi piece of ***** go look at my previous post I like Usyk and think he’s the real deal I just don’t hype him like his pro white nazi fanboys.

Don’t you have a school to shoot up?

Now go off yourself worthless nazi piece of *****

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrbamladen View Post
        That polish guy also got knocked unconscious and had to be carried away on a stretcher. The entire arena was worried that wilder did permanent damage or killed that guy. Let's not see it happen to usyk too.

You're not comparing Usyk to Szpilka, do you ?

Let me try this again then:*

If a pretty average "small" HW like Szpilka could make "small" HW Wilder look really bad at times and showed his enormous flaws, what does this tell you about an Ultra-Tight, Ultra-Fast and Ultra-Footwork "small" HW Usyk...

If Usik brings his "A"game (see vs Gassiev last night) against a bad technique and bad balance Wilder (which is what he has showed us by now), then the odds of the right hand connecting are indeed very small... Wilder might as well be chasing a ghost and getting hit in the mean time for the whole fight...

Wilder has shown he's vulnerable against Ortiz and only Gran-Pa stamina cheating on him made it happen... Last-Night-Usik would beat Wilder on speed and work load, just like he did to Gassiev on which i'd also put my money against Wilder...
        Last edited by Superbee; 07-22-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
          Nobody has Usyk that high because nobody overrates Usyks comp except his fans. You know...fans like you lmao.
          WBN has:
          http://www.***************.net/pound-for-pound-top-50

Comment

• Originally posted by steven_z View Post
            VerizonWhat is this page?
            Sorry, We could not find www.***************.net

Comment

• Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
              Most people in Kyiv also speak russian but that sht is just historically based from USSR and punishment against native ukrainians.

Also your friend might be from Same semi-annexed state of Moldova called Pridnestrovie. Russia has their forces in that part of Moldova as russia does everywhere. Their tactics is to grow a political cell in one country and then throw army which will back up that cell and small minoroty of people (all the dumbest ones). Usually Russia took part of that country and got instability in that country which could use politically.

You could read about USSR - Finland war. Those mfers got raped by Finland army on skies.
              He's from Orgeev

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                Respect to Usyk for defending in Russia and representing like a true champion.

A boring fight however, I was not impressed by Usyk, more dissapointed in Gassiev lack of effort; most of Usyk's punches just pinned Gassiev hands to his high-guard looking flashy but doing little damage -- basic fundamentals. For all the punches Usyk thrown if he had real power he might of got Murat out of there ; but Usyk seems to be pillow-fisted and this is the dull type of performances that I expect from the Ukrainian from now on, congratulations.
                Agreed 100%. Usyk fought a good fight but people are getting carried away. Didn't even land clean that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                  You do realize he unified arguably one of the weakest divisions in boxing history right?
                  IMO the Weakest divisions right now are 140, 168 and HW

Too 5 CW’s are elite.

Comment

• Opening Bell: Super Super Series

Dan Rafael

When the World Boxing Super Series tournaments were announced last fall the idea sounded great, especially the cruiserweight version, with organizers promising: a deep, eight-man field with high-quality fights in a single-elimination format that wouldn't take too long complete -- less than a year; a unified champion emerging because all four titleholders agreed to participate; the sanctioning bodies would stay the heck out of the way; and there would not be a draw in the final because of a tweak to the rules for just such a situation. The fighters would make good money and their promoters were happy to enroll them because they'd also earn nicely, and win or lose they owed the tournament no options beyond their fighter's stay in the tournament.

It sounded great but it also sounded too good to be true. And you know what they say: If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. That's commonplace in boxing, where promoters and fighters often over-promise and then under-deliver.

However, if 99 times out of 100 the something that sounded too good to be true was, I am pleased to say we boxing fans have been treated to the one time in a 100 that the promise made was the promise kept.

The World Boxing Super Series cruiserweight tournament delivered everything it was hyped up to be. It was everything right about boxing.

The field was tremendous, there were no soft-touch fights, the fights were generally fan friendly, the production of the events was first class, the combatants showed great sportsmanship and it all concluded with the super skilled and versatile Oleksandr Usyk cruising past devastating puncher Murat Gassiev by lopsided decision (albeit in an entertaining bout) to unify all four 200-pound belts for the first time in a historic win Saturday at the Olimpiysky Sports Complex in Moscow.

To top it all off, the tournament paid homage to boxing history by commissioning the Muhammad Ali Trophy to give to the winner and had Ali's widow, Lonnie Ali, on hand to present the hardware. That was a wonderful, thoughtful touch.

Going into the tournament, Usyk -- whose hero is Ali -- was the top seed and Gassiev was No. 2 but there was not even close to a guarantee they'd each reach the final given the level of talent involved: titleholders Yunier Dorticos and Mairis Briedis, former titleholders Krzysztof Wlodarczyk and Marco Huck (aging perhaps, but in the conversation for the best in division history), and contenders Dmitry Kudryashov and Mike Perez.

In the end, we saw some eye-catching knockouts (Dorticos-Kudryashov and Gassiev-Wlodarczyk), a 2018 fight of the year contender (Gassiev-Dorticos), a razor-close battle (Usyk-Briedis) and an absolute masterpiece (Usyk's crowning victory).

The one complaint was the lack of American television. How a network didn't make a serious play for the tournament will forever remain a mystery.

With the platform of the WBSS, Usyk (15-0, 11 KOs), already one of the great amateurs of all time and a 2012 Olympic gold medalist, has launched himself into the pound-for-pound conversation thanks to running the table against Huck, Briedis and Gassiev (not to mention his pre-WBSS resume).

Without the tournament, Usyk would not have gotten the opportunity to prove himself and we boxing fans, who love to argue about virtually everything, have to agree on this: Usyk is the No. 1 cruiserweight on the planet.

And the World Boxing Super Series cruiserweight tournament was super indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                      Nobody has Usyk that high because nobody overrates Usyks comp except his fans. You know...fans like you lmao.
                      Usyk is now P4P #4 by The Ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X