Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light sparring 5/16/17 working on changing speed of punches, angles, no loading up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light sparring 5/16/17 working on changing speed of punches, angles, no loading up

Rae is a great fighter.....is always working with everyone on things in the ring.

I can load up on shots, and sometimes I overthink in the ring

mental fatigue can get you before your body is actually tired.....the body controls the mind.

I've been working on using angles, feints, getting lower because I am always the shorter fighter with shorter reach

Rae has great defense, legs and reflexes so staying on top of him or working angles on him is never easy

leave a comment and let me know what you think and what I can work on

yo fellas...i see 16 views but no comments

stop lurking lol

just kidding but leave a comment and some advice....i appreciate any input so i can work on it in the gym today!!!

Comment

I just had a quick look there.
      il get back to you shortly with a proper breakdown for you.
      at the moment I'm having a drink watching a good boxing documentary

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

Rae is a great fighter.....is always working with everyone on things in the ring.

I can load up on shots, and sometimes I overthink in the ring

mental fatigue can get you before your body is actually tired.....the body controls the mind.

I've been working on using angles, feints, getting lower because I am always the shorter fighter with shorter reach

Rae has great defense, legs and reflexes so staying on top of him or working angles on him is never easy

leave a comment and let me know what you think and what I can work on
        WRONG! The mind controls it all.

Learn to control your mind and the messages your body may be sending it.
        Last edited by Rockin'; 05-19-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Even though it's just light you should put on some headgear. When was the last time you heard of an intentional clash of heads....

Comment

what ur shirt color?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              Even though it's just light you should put on some headgear. When was the last time you heard of an intentional clash of heads....
              why would he put headgear on???
              if he is over 18 he will be fighting without it.
              the only reason he should be wearing headgear is if it is a full contact spar against someone who is older/heavier and more experienced than him.

there is no point in wearing headgear (under 18) all of the time in sparring (except for the reasons i said above).

if he knows this lad (which i think he does) and does alot of work with him, and its only a LIGHT spar, then he knows if the other fella cant control his emotions and go full on spar he should wear headgear.

times are a changing my friend, and by the end of next year ALL headgear will be removed for under 18s (which i dont agree with 100%)

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
                why would he put headgear on???
                if he is over 18 he will be fighting without it.
                the only reason he should be wearing headgear is if it is a full contact spar against someone who is older/heavier and more experienced than him.

there is no point in wearing headgear (under 18) all of the time in sparring (except for the reasons i said above).

if he knows this lad (which i think he does) and does alot of work with him, and its only a LIGHT spar, then he knows if the other fella cant control his emotions and go full on spar he should wear headgear.

times are a changing my friend, and by the end of next year ALL headgear will be removed for under 18s (which i dont agree with 100%)
                you don't have to. What do I care when you guys crack your skulls together......

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  you don't have to. What do I care when you guys crack your skulls together......
                  A punch can also crack a skull.
                  if your afraid of that, then you shouldnt be in the ring in the first place.

this is the fight game my man, and its not a pretty one, if health and safety is a concern to someone they shouldnt be in the ring and the effects of boxing should be clearly stated to them before entering it.

I 100% know what your saying.
                  and i agree with alot of your posts.
                  but by wearing headgear in sparring (all of the time) and not in a fight situation, well thats like saying, train with just a jab,and then expect them to throw a straight in a fight, you know what i mean?

If a boxer in my gym (who is going to fight competitively) was over 18,and going into the ring against the same/close level as the other boxer for a spar, i would either tell him remove it, or get out of the ring.

Their is no need for boxers of the same or near same level,weight and experience to be wearing headgear while sparring if they dont fight with headgear.

i do understand what your saying about the heads clashing which is why i dont 100% agree with the no headgear under 18s from next year on, cause alot of young lads just rush in with their heads down.
                  #
                  but again at the same time, they have their medicals, and know (parents know) or should know or be made aware of the consequences boxing can have.

Comment

1 clash and one or more of your boys won't spar or fight for 90 days.........

Comment

Working...
                    X