Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 american judges and an american ref.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 american judges and an american ref.....

I'd like to say i was shocked by the choice of officials but this is boxing and nothing surprises me. How the **** can you have 4 officials who are the same nationality as one of the fighters? And how is this considered fair? In other international sports like football the ref cant be the same nationality as one of the teams, so how is this allowed in boxing? Especially considering kovalev is russian, and russia is definitely considered a sporting and political rival to america. I was under the impression that you werent allowed 3 judges of the same nationality let alone a ref of that nationality as well, for the big world title fights? Like for golovkin brook there was an italian and two canadian judges. Lets hope that theres no funny business going on in this fight

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    I'd like to say i was shocked by the choice of officials but this is boxing and nothing surprises me. How the **** can you have 4 officials who are the same nationality as one of the fighters? And how is this considered fair? In other international sports like football the ref cant be the same nationality as one of the teams, so how is this allowed in boxing? Especially considering kovalev is russian, and russia is definitely considered a sporting and political rival to america. I was under the impression that you werent allowed 3 judges of the same nationality let alone a ref of that nationality as well, for the big world title fights? Like for golovkin brook there was an italian and two canadian judges. Lets hope that theres no funny business going on in this fight
    Back in 2011, Hearn managed to bring a British judge, in AC, for the Super Six final bout... The Brit eventually scored the widest points difference in Ward's favor... Therefore...

Comment

If Kovalev loses it will have nothing to do with the ref or judges. Ward is gonna school Kovalev or Kovalev is gonna KTFO of Ward. Thats the two ways these fight ends. Book it.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        Back in 2011, Hearn managed to bring a British judge, in AC, for the Super Six final bout... The Brit eventually scored the widest points difference in Ward's favor... Therefore...
        Which was actually the guy with the scorecard that most reasonably illustrated the fight I watched. So yea.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Which was actually the guy with the scorecard that most reasonably illustrated the fight I watched. So yea.
          Brit judges aren't that "fair" when scoring at home, though...

Comment

Power gets a ton of sway with the American judges these days. Canelo is a prime example. Kovalev will do just fine.
            Quit crying...

Comment

That's plain wrong.

Comment

Which # excuse is this? I know Mr Freedom got the #1 excuse the the "fouling" crap.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  Look on the bright side, now you have that excuse you're gonna be looking for.

Comment

War Kovalev, lol at the judges aint gonna save ward from teh beat down of his LIFE!@

Comment

Working...
                    X