Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price is Ready To Fight as Soon as Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen the fight, but based on that gif, it appears that Price got caught up in a wild exchange. He can never, ever allow that to happen. Wlad learned that a long time ago. He needs to study Wlad's style a little more closely. But I guess sometimes you need to learn something first hand for it to really stick. He needs to be much more methodical and conservative.

Comment

he's a young guy. he can still have some big fights in britland down the road. he should go through a full rebuilding process. no punchers for at least a year. at least.

the fury fight will still be big business in the motherland.

let's be real about this guy, brits. he was never going to amount to anything more than a name in the division. he's not a talent or a craftsman. his chin is sh#t. all he's got is the size and the punching power. given his strong backing coming out of the UK he can still make a few quid, innit.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        he's a young guy. he can still have some big fights in britland down the road. he should go through a full rebuilding process. no punchers for at least a year. at least.

the fury fight will still be big business in the motherland.

let's be real about this guy, brits. he was never going to amount to anything more than a name in the division. he's not a talent or a craftsman. his chin is sh#t. all he's got is the size and the punching power. given his strong backing coming out of the UK he can still make a few quid, innit.
        I did say it on guru, that his chin is ****. I had a feeling if Thompson started out fast, that he could KO Price because Price is easy to find, but I still felt Price would win. Price is in Amir's boat, he can win rounds and lots of them, but his chin and defense is ****.

Comment

I don't think Price or Fury have great chins.

Price needs to rebuild and take his time. He doesn't want to become the second Audley Harrison.

Comment

I think Price will come back from this to become a top ten contender.

People shouldn't count him out just yet.

He'd be better off with a top promoter like Hearn or Warren, though. Maloney won't be able to do enough for him.

Comment

Darwanism at work is all

Everybody is so ready to evolve the heavyweights to bigger, faster more athletic but it has yet to be proven that any big man is superior by virtue of his size....This includes the Klitschkos. Vitali is singular but has not fought the comp to affirm any correlation of this sort...Sanders actually buckled Vitali's knees in the fitrst round of that fight.

Price is out of the front heat...next?

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                Darwanism at work is all

Everybody is so ready to evolve the heavyweights to bigger, faster more athletic but it has yet to be proven that any big man is superior by virtue of his size....This includes the Klitschkos. Vitali is singular but has not fought the comp to affirm any correlation of this sort...Sanders actually buckled Vitali's knees in the fitrst round of that fight.
                Ooooooh, a stunning condemnation of Vitali! His knees buckled a little, maybe.

Ahhhh, so what if they did? You do realize how hard Sanders could punch, eh?

And what happened to Sanders in that fight?

Price is a work in progress and always was. Big men also need big talent to be great.

Michael Grant, Julius Long and Marcellus Brown know about that.

Comment

Actually the correct comparison here is between Price and Seth Mitchell.

Both were being hyped as heavyweight saviors in their respective countries.

Both maybe started to listen to the hype a little too much.

Both have a suspect ability to take a punch.

Both were taken out by punches that were less than spectacular, more of the glancing variety.

Whether either man can ever live up to the initial hype is an open question.

Comment

The only way to recover from something like this is to to go out and beat Tyson Fury. Now the fight has to be made.

This is a lesson of what happens when you avoid the big named guys.

Comment

Oh the sensationalism. It always roams amongst boxing fans. Almost all great fighters lose. Even the precious Tyson Fury will lose. Give the guy a chance to get back up before writing him off.

Comment

Working...
                      X