Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The further deterioration of Max Kellerman as a professional broadcaster...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    Keller**** made a rap album?

You mean you have never been blessed by this?

Comment

"I'm harrassing punks like Mike Tyson............................ to let me blow them."

TBH, I didn't think it was THAT bad. Sure, it was utter, utter ****, and I wouldn't even wipe my arse on it, but compared to what I THOUGHT it would be like, then...

Comment

I prefer Max Kellerman over the immediate alternative in Larry Merchant. Sometimes it does seem that HBO has an agenda to promote one specific fighter, but oh well that happens. In terms of sports commentators though, very few are actually good. There are definitely worse announcers, especially in boxing. Sometimes you got guys that never step a foot in the ring saying disrespectful things to the boxers. At least in that aspect, Max Kellerman isn't so bad. Some of the best boxing analysis I've heard these days have come from active boxers: Andrew Ward and Malignaggi.

Comment

I remember him saying RJJ was making Calzaghe look like a washed up Felix Trinidad hahahaha

And him saying Paul Williams was a combination of Hears, Chavez and Calzaghe lol

Comment

Kellerman isn't nearly as bad as Lampley.

They should get Paulie or Lennox to commentate more.

Comment

Lampley always had his ways ("We've got a new heavyweight champion of the world..... and HE'S AN AMERICAN!!!") but the rot has only really set in with the onset of senility.

These days Jim and Larry are like those two old guys who sit in the box in The Muppet Show.

Comment

Working...
              X