No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto: Our Training For Mayweather is Bearing Fruit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Machingo69 View Post
    Floyd is good a technical boxer but by no means a beast like you guys make him out to be. Cotto is a warrior. He lost to a dude that had cement in his gloves and to a guy who made him fight at 145 lbs which made him very weak with a huge disadvantage. Other than that, he gave us helluva good fights.

Would Cotto beat Hatton? Absolutely!!! would Cotto beat Delahoya at the time that Mayweather beat him? absolutely!!! If I remember correctly, Cotto destroyed Zab Judah and KO'ed him. Did Mayweather KO Judah? NO!!! If I remember correctly, Cotto gave Mosley a boxing lesson. Mayweather also gave Mosely a one sided beat down so I give him that one.

Bottom line is that they both fought worthy opponents but Mayweather always avoided cement fists Margarito and still has not fought catchweight king Pacquiao so it remains to be seen. I think it will be a more competitive fight than people think....
    Man I hope you are right !!!

I would say the same things about Pac if he quit. I am not picking on Cotto , I have watched him coming up like you and others. I am not convinced Margo had cement in his gloves that nite, Pac had Cottos face worst than Margo did.

Mayweather doesn't show great power to me , just the ability to frustrate the other fighter, Cotto has to get past that , just to make it a good fight is NOT good enough, he must fight every round to win every round and think he is winning whether he is or not , never quit throwing bombs , jabs , etc... pressure til the pipe breaks,

Game never QUITS,,,, I hope the Cuban trainer is the game changer

Comment

Yea floyd is always working hard in The gym thats The thing you can only do soo much in The gym cotto Will be doing The knocking out not feather fisted floyd who throws 16 punches per round

Comment

To be honest, Cotto looked like shyt in his last fight physically.. Sure he still did enough to win but he was really tired when the fight was stopped, in fact im not certain Marg wouldn't have stopped him or dropped him had the fight went on. Everybody is predicting this or that when at the end of the day every one already knows that Cotto is too slow to beat Floyd.. and we all seen Ortiz try to be aggressive when Floyd was against the ropes to no avail and Ortiz is bigger than Cotto, so I don't see Cotto stopping Floyd by trapping him against the ropes and thats how most of Cotto's stoppages have come. in fact I think Cotto is going to try to come in a light 154 so he has more speed but Floyd will end up looking bigger and stronger than Cotto once their in the ring...

Comment

Floyd is good a technical boxer but by no means a beast like you guys make him out to be. Cotto is a warrior. He lost to a dude that had cement in his gloves and to a guy who made him fight at 145 lbs which made him very weak with a huge disadvantage. Other than that, he gave us helluva good fights.

Would Cotto beat Hatton? Absolutely!!! would Cotto beat Delahoya at the time that Mayweather beat him? absolutely!!! If I remember correctly, Cotto destroyed Zab Judah and KO'ed him. Did Mayweather KO Judah? NO!!! If I remember correctly, Cotto gave Mosley a boxing lesson. Mayweather also gave Mosely a one sided beat down so I give him that one.

Bottom line is that they both fought worthy opponents but Mayweather always avoided cement fists Margarito and still has not fought catchweight king Pacquiao so it remains to be seen. I think it will be a more competitive fight than people think....
          I dont think Cotto would beat that Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
            Yea floyd is always working hard in The gym thats The thing you can only do soo much in The gym cotto Will be doing The knocking out not feather fisted floyd who throws 16 punches per round
            lets bet on the fight then. all you p.ussy puerto ricans just talk. ill bet 13 million on the floyd to win.

Comment

Cotto was 2 d1ck punches away from getting stop by Judah. Judah busted Cotto up in that fight. Cotto might of got the KO but Floyd walked away with a lot less damage in his face.

Comment

Floyd says watching on tape is always so different when compared to actually being in the ring against him. Can't wait for 5/5.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                  Brb, cotto didnt fight pacquiao
                  When Cotto fought Pacquiao it wasnt the same level as Floyds states. Plus he lost that fight as well remember!!!! LOL, That didnt really help your cause bro. What fight has he won of any significant magnitude?? Foreman?? lol, Mayorga??? LOL!!!

Plus you didnt read the rest of my post which seems to be the case here on boxingscene.. Floyd will make him miss, and make him pay at the same time.....

This is gonna be answer to what is an asswhooping divided by Pi.....?

Cottos gonna fold, and you cant get in there and help him either.... LOL, he's gonna fold like a lawn chair....

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                    To be honest, Cotto looked like shyt in his last fight physically.. Sure he still did enough to win but he was really tired when the fight was stopped, in fact im not certain Marg wouldn't have stopped him or dropped him had the fight went on. Everybody is predicting this or that when at the end of the day every one already knows that Cotto is too slow to beat Floyd.. and we all seen Ortiz try to be aggressive when Floyd was against the ropes to no avail and Ortiz is bigger than Cotto, so I don't see Cotto stopping Floyd by trapping him against the ropes and thats how most of Cotto's stoppages have come. in fact I think Cotto is going to try to come in a light 154 so he has more speed but Floyd will end up looking bigger and stronger than Cotto once their in the ring...
                    Floyd is gonna be bigger than him, watch and he will look it, and then the apparent mismatches will show....

Cotto is about to get flat out whooped.

Hes gonna get sliced up really bad, as hes a bleeder.... He wont be able to see, and that speed is gonna kill him, especially with that timing... You saw what Pac did to him....

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                      May 6th, my avatar will show cotto getting his ass whooped....

Comment

Working...
                      X