Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Vernon Forrest belong in the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Vernon Forrest belong in the HOF?

Yes
    41.18%
    No
    58.82%

That man messed Shane Mosley up more than Pacquiao...a PRIME Mosley

EDIT: Er should I say he beat a prime ROIDsley
    Last edited by Holmes; 07-21-2011, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Of course. He was one of the most avoided fighters in his prime years, because he beat them all up in the amateurs.

Comment

I hope so and I think he did more than enough to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
          Of course. He was one of the most avoided fighters in his prime years, because he beat them all up in the amateurs.
          His two losses to Mayorga(Injury or not) hurt his bid.

his inactivity due to injuries also hurt.

He had the potential to be an ATG.

I think he just came up short of the HOF.

Comment

I would say NO. He doesnt have enough big wins. However, Im a stickler for HOF stuff anyways. He might should get in based on Boxing's HOF standards but to me he's not a real HOFer. Very good fighter but not HOF. I remember watching a sports show and the guy was talking about Baseball and I agreed with him. He said he thinks either most of these guys shouldnt make the HOF or there should be 2 seperate HOF's.

He was like Mickey Mantel and then he named some player from today that was going to the HOF and he was like "come on man". They are not on the same level at all. Thats how I feel about boxing. Its like Ali & Forrest? No he shouldnt be in. The HOF should only be for the elite of the elite to me. You dont have to be Ali but atleast be a JMM or someone. Forrest didnt have enough big fights early, lost immideatly after his big wins over Mosley to a guy who is solid but not special, and then he was injuried the rest of his career. NO

Comment

I'd say no, he wasn't quite there.

Comment

Not really, it would be based on two wins over SSM and he only got 1 defense of the WW title and a lackluster run as a strap holder at 154. A very good fighter but HOF, nah..

Comment

RIP bro. in all honesty no. he was a good fighter but lost to to the like of mayorga who is a gate keeper and never really fought the top guys around at the time. my vote is a no.

Comment

There are precious few legendary fighters in the last 25 years or so so it would be wrong to use the likes of Ali, Hearns, Hagler etc as yardstick for who gets into the IHOF then there would be no annual entrants. The fact that you've got Barry McGuigan and will have Arturo Gatti & Diego Corrales in as a first time ballot means space must be found for Vernon Forrest.

Comment

Working...
                    X