No announcement yet.

Increasing Strength

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing Strength

I am looking to increase my overall strength and punching power. However I do not want to lose my speed, does anybody have any workouts or know what muscles i should focus on to achieve this ?
    Thank You

Plyometrics and heavybag.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
      Plyometrics and heavybag.
      I hope im not asking too much could you please give me some exercises. I am looking to get this to help my training since i am taking a break from competing

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-d...bag-stand.html

Comment

heavy bag, lifting weights

deadlift, bench press, squat - abs, sides, lower back.. biceps, triceps, lats and traps, quads, hams, calfs, glutes, upper back, shoulders

your body is like a chain and you are only as strong as your weakest link.. punching uses your legs, core, and arms

Comment

you better get ready to work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FeI88Tc_U

Comment

Originally posted by Frighteous View Post
            you better get ready to work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FeI88Tc_U
            Damn that looks intense. Im definately gonna do that thanks a lot bruh

Comment

1. Technique - Power comes from synchronising the separate parts of your body into one unit, rather than just punching with the arm. Practise your punches slowly and visualise the specific parts of your body moving, which in this case will be the rotation of your foot, hip and shoulder on whatever side you're punching with. These three body parts help put the maximum amount of bodyweight behind a punch. Exhale through the mouth as you punch and and always punch THROUGH the target and not at it, you fight the way you train so make you do this all the time, wether it be bags, pads, shadow boxing etc.

2. Warm up properly - Your Muscles are like a piece of Clay, when they're cold they're rigid but when they're warm (through blood being pumped to them) they become much more loose. This will increase your speed and should allow you to hit harder as power comes from bodyweight thrown at high velocity.

3. Heavybag - This conditions the Muscles you use when Punching to hitting something hard and with a lot of resistance behind it, so when you land a Punch on something lighter such your opponents jaw, it should feel like a Sledgehammer.

Hope that helped.

Comment

If you want strength, use HIIT methods, plyometrics, and definitely CORE strengthening exercises. I cannot stress how much the CORE comes into play for overall strength.

Comment

heavy bag. heavy bag. & more heavy bag.

Comment

Working...
                  X