Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler Vs Froch, The Cobra Vs The Viking Warrior, Who Takes it??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could go either way, but I think Kessler will probably win by close decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
      It could go either way, but I think Kessler will probably win by close decision.
      It's gonna be a tough fight regardless. Kessler is in for one long night and better prepare for a brawl.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
        I didnt mean he was the same as Froch, just that they're both extremely tough and that the fight could play out the same. Kessler underperformed so badly against Ward, anyone who has seen him before will know that he is so much better than that.

They beat Kessler because they were able to frustrate him, Ward did it from the start and Calzaghe did it when he realised he couldnt outbox him. I don't think Froch has the ability to do that.

He may have a good jab, but Kessler's is one the best, its practically a power punch. Totally agree that he will have to show some grit to beat Froch, but I think he's easily capable of it, he's extremely tough. I just can't see Froch winning this fight, especially in Denmark.
        Good post.

Kessler's jab is fantastic. But I just have doubts about his ability to overcome adversity. I hope he can. I much prefer him to Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by SpinDoctor View Post
          Bookies got kessler as a very slight favorite, only cause they fighting in Kessler's Home Country I believe.

Mikkel Kessler
          birth date 1979-03-01
          age 30
          manager/agent register
          division super middleweight
          stance orthodox
          height 6′ 1″ / 185cm
          reach 73″ / 185cm
          US ID 050980
          alias Viking Warrior
          nationality Denmark
          residence Principauté de Monaco, Monaco
          birth place Copenhagen, Denmark
          won 42 (KO 32) + lost 2 (KO 0) + drawn 0 = 44
          rounds boxed 233 KO% 72.73

Carl froch
          birth date 1977-07-02
          age 32
          manager/agent register
          division super middleweight
          stance orthodox
          height 6′ 1″ / 185cm
          reach 74½″ / 189cm
          alias The Cobra
          nationality United Kingdom
          residence Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
          birth place Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
          birth name Carl Martin Froch
          won 26 (KO 20) + lost 0 (KO 0) + drawn 0 = 26
          rounds boxed 163 KO% 76.92
          I don't see any way Froch wins this fight. When you break them down by skill, Kessler has all of the advantages. I think Froch lost his last fight and things aren't going to get easier with Kessler.They will get harder. Froch does not have the style to beat Kessler and his borrowed time is just about up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
            I didnt mean he was the same as Froch, just that they're both extremely tough and that the fight could play out the same. Kessler underperformed so badly against Ward, anyone who has seen him before will know that he is so much better than that.

They beat Kessler because they were able to frustrate him, Ward did it from the start and Calzaghe did it when he realised he couldnt outbox him. I don't think Froch has the ability to do that.

He may have a good jab, but Kessler's is one the best, its practically a power punch. Totally agree that he will have to show some grit to beat Froch, but I think he's easily capable of it, he's extremely tough. I just can't see Froch winning this fight, especially in Denmark.
            Throwing him to the ground a few times like he did against Dirrell etc could mess him up.

Comment

Kessler KO/TKO.....froch will get wasted...

Comment

if kessler is half the fighter he once was he will KO froch within 8
                frochs style is tailor made for him,he will leap in and his chin will be set up for that big right counter kessler loves to throw

Comment

Froch gets stopped in 11 on his feet. He will have no idea where he is.

Comment

would be cool if Froch could win but I think a Kessler victory is inevitable

Comment

Working...
                    X