No announcement yet.

Strikeforce Carano vs Cyborg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Organik View Post
    I agree with you, was just trying to put it into perspective. It's not the same as, say, Scott Harrison, who was essentially banned from boxing for boozing it up and then getting in brawls. Diaz is seemingly standing on his principles, at least in his own mind. I agree that it is not wise, and perhaps shows a lack of maturity on his part.

On a side note, Diaz did sign a boxing deal as the news of his fight cancellation was breaking.
    I see where your coming from and yeah, Diaz is taking advantage of his freedom of speech to the full extent.

opinion wise, I really do feel it is immature on Diaz part, in that he supports his actions (the weed)

good for him on the boxing deal but boxing has drug tests too

**and back to original topic, just saying a fighter skipping a mandatory drug test ... i dunno about you, but the first thing that comes to my mind "Why'd he miss the test, if he could have passed in the first place?"

**I'll hit back the other reply in a bit

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
      I see where your coming from and yeah, Diaz is taking advantage of his freedom of speech to the full extent.

opinion wise, I really do feel it is immature on Diaz part, in that he supports his actions (the weed)

good for him on the boxing deal but boxing has drug tests too

**and back to original topic, just saying a fighter skipping a mandatory drug test ... i dunno about you, but the first thing that comes to my mind "Why'd he miss the test, if he could have passed in the first place?"

**I'll hit back the other reply in a bit
      I largely threw in the bit about the boxing deal because it is possible that it in part provides context of Diaz' actions, considering the timing of events. In any case, it is very unprofessional on the part of Diaz either way, considering that he signed a contract to fight and was obviously aware of the drug tests all along as well.
      Last edited by Drunken Cat; 08-17-2009, 07:04 PM.

Comment

I agree with you dude. Also, Diaz's platform (that of a professional athlete) is certainly not the most ideal for advocating so controversial an issue, particularly given the added stigma of the (false) association with narcotics.
        well yeah, I don't think the whole pro athlete=role model stereotype exists anymore, or at least shouldn't

and you are right, advocating controversial, and illegal issues, add fuel to the fire

the issue could involve weed, but until further details about it come, could have absolutely nothing to do with drugs

but in this case the fact that Diaz did fail a previous drug test

unfortunately for him, anything involving drug tests, and weed will most likely come up

to go on top of Nick being vocal about the issue to begin with (supporting Marijuana usage)

Comment

I largely threw in the bit about the boxing deal because it is possible that it in part provides context of Diaz' actions, considering the timing of events. In any case, it is very unprofessional on the part of Diaz either way, considering that he signed a contract to fight and was obviously aware of the drug tests all along as well.
          right, which readers can jump to the conclusion that Diaz purposely didn't take the drug test

it's not like he was injured, and unable to fight

Diaz skipped the mandatory drug test.

Comment

Working...
          X