* Gina 'Conviction' Carano vs. Cris 'Cyborg'
    * Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Gilbert 'El Nino' Melendez
    * Renato 'Babalu' Sobral vs. Gegard Mousasi
    * Nick Diaz vs. Jay Hieron
    * Fabricio Werdum vs. TBA
    * Isaiah Hill vs. Poppies Martinez
    * Ricardo Barros vs. Scott Lighty
    * James Terry vs. Jason Von Flue

just got back, today from vacation to find out Nick Diaz was replaced out of his fight

I read it had to do with Diaz not taking a mandatory pre fight drug test

any more to the story?

Comment

Probably "weed" related.

Comment

well yeah, with Nick that's almost a given, lol. but damn dude has gotta get control of his career

cuz at the moment weed > Diaz. getting a win taken away from him vs Gomi due to marijuana use was one thing

but for what ever reason to not even the required pre fight drug test, and therefore not be sanctioned to fight

WOW

didn't know marijuana could be so harmful for a fighters career.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
          well yeah, with Nick that's almost a given, lol. but damn dude has gotta get control of his career

cuz at the moment weed > Diaz. getting a win taken away from him vs Gomi due to marijuana use was one thing

but for what ever reason to not even the required pre fight drug test, and therefore not be sanctioned to fight

WOW

didn't know marijuana could be so harmful for a fighters career.
          Not saying it's prudent on his part, but I have the impression that the weed issue is personal to Nick Diaz.

Comment

Not saying it's prudent on his part, but I have the impression that the weed issue is personal to Nick Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by Organik View Post
              certainly not the smartest, agreed.

of course it's personal .. Diaz has a Medical Marijuana Card after all.

and I have heard Diaz speak in the past, and be very vocal, might I add regarding his smoking habits

but Weed has already cost him twice regarding his career (examples listed in previous post)

Diaz is very passionate about marijuana and speaks his mind on the topic

but im just saying at what cost?

he does makes his living as a fighter, and a majority of his income would come from fighting, right?
              Last edited by MJ406; 08-17-2009, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Org: I know we've talked on here in the past on Marijuana and etc .. but this whole bit with Diaz is why I really lose my respect for the drug as a whole.

granted this is an individual basis and not everyone who smokes is like this in their own person drug relations. I understand that, im sure plenty of regular people with jobs can get away with smoking practically undetected (thank those detox, lol)

but the way Diaz is so vocal about it ... I still have some trouble at grasping WHY (I do understand he is passionate about the issue, as have already mentioned)

but Diaz should shut up about it already

He smokes weed .. big ****ing deal.

Im willing to bet a lot more people in general smoke weed and don't get caught, or smoke and have never failed a drug test.

Comment

certainly not the smartest, agreed.

of course it's personal .. Diaz has a Medical Marijuana Card after all.

and I have heard Diaz speak in the past, and be very vocal, might I add regarding his smoking habits

but Weed has already cost him twice regarding his career (examples listed in previous post)

Diaz is very passionate about marijuana and speaks his mind on the topic

but im just saying at what cost?

he does makes his living as a fighter, and a majority of his income would come from fighting, right?
                  I agree with you, was just trying to put it into perspective. It's not the same as, say, Scott Harrison, who was essentially banned from boxing for boozing it up and then getting in brawls. Diaz is seemingly standing on his principles, at least in his own mind. I agree that it is not wise, and perhaps shows a lack of maturity on his part.

On a side note, Diaz did sign a boxing deal as the news of his fight cancellation was breaking.

Comment

Org: I know we've talked on here in the past on Marijuana and etc .. but this whole bit with Diaz is why I really lose my respect for the drug as a whole.

granted this is an individual basis and not everyone who smokes is like this in their own person drug relations. I understand that, im sure plenty of regular people with jobs can get away with smoking practically undetected (thank those detox, lol)

but the way Diaz is so vocal about it ... I still have some trouble at grasping WHY (I do understand he is passionate about the issue, as have already mentioned)

but Diaz should shut up about it already

He smokes weed .. big ****ing deal.

Im willing to bet a lot more people in general smoke weed and don't get caught, or smoke and have never failed a drug test.
                    I agree with you dude. Also, Diaz's platform (that of a professional athlete) is certainly not the most ideal for advocating so controversial an issue, particularly given the added stigma of the (false) association with narcotics.

Comment

Working...
                    X