No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Stops Sergey Kovalev in Eight To Retain Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gdub27 View Post
    Damn, Weeks should've at least gave him a standing 8 count!!
    I agree. But kov was obviously done. Ward would have went right back to the body and been back in same situation 30 seconds later. At best kov would have lasted another round. Kov was just too strong to go down but he was physically done due to the body attacks commenced at round one.

Comment

• Anyone think Fat Dan will still have GGG P4P #1 over Ward??? If he does he's a JOKE!

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Every time I think these could clowns on here can't sink any lower, they manage to impress.
        It's despicable...these guys have no objective bone in their bodies. I've seen your posts in the past. I respect your objectivity on this fight.

Sometimes as a fan you realize that a lot of people out there don't analyze or really understand boxing. They're just cheerleaders for fighters from their ethnic groups.

I'll be the first guy to tell you if a black American fighter is technically poor (Wilder) or overrated (Broner)...I don't see why that's so hard for people. We're not the ones in the ring or a part of fighter camps. **** is annoying.

Comment

• Wow, I gotta say... I dislike Ward, but I will finally give him his credit. He is a super smart fighter that even if sometimes is boring he gets the job done, plain and simple...

Comment

• Ward as an American deserved to win on American soil.

An American isn't losing to some damn commie in Vegas. Ward got a clean victory. Kovie can now go back to commie land and live and cry away. go tell that dwarf Putin about it? God Bless America.

Comment

• f##k the jewSA.

Comment

• the rest of the world shouldnt compete in that degenerate,liberal, emasculated beta male, PED cheating, joke of a country known as the usa or jewSA. The american sheep voted for odumbo and then trump, boxing has moved on and left these cheaters behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  It's here:

That's not the blow that made him lean over. The one prior was clean. He was out on his feet at the point he stayed hunched over. The blow after that was low due to Kovalev crouching. It's not intentional foul if a fighter maintains a posture to try to keep from being hit.

The standing 8 count ain't mandatory in Nevada nor most state commissions.

Comment

• Kov was not in punching position and was hit low due to being bent below the waist. If he stands up he gets dropped, Weeks saw that and ended it appropriately

Comment

• LIKE I SAID BEFORE, ANDRE WARD IS THE P4P BEST IN THE WORLD. Like I said after Andre kicked kovalev's ass in the first fight. He dominated kovalev's ass. It was a beat down. Ward was way up in the fight winning all but two rounds. He beat Kovalev to the body and was steady breaking him down. After 3 rounds, Kovalev already had lost most of his potency. Harold Lederman and Steve Weisfeld are ******s. It was blatantly obvious if you have ever been in a fight that Ward was putting major hurt on Kov. That straight right hand in the first round by Ward just shocked Kov. Sergey was acting like he was the alpha in the fight and Ward just popped him in the first round like BACK THE FUCK UP. I mean it was like when floyd beat the dog shit out of pacman in round 1 of their fight. It just completely showed Kov who the ring belonged to. Talk about an attitude adjustment. Kov's whole game plan went out the window when that right hand smashed him. He had to deal with that and the big left hook. Throw in the body shots and it was just too much for him. He was clearly getting broken down after the first 3 rounds. I knew he wasn't going to make 12 rounds. I saw the stoppage coming. Max Kellerman acts like this was a sudden shocking stoppage. If you have been in a fight, you saw Kov looked like trash and was not the potent fighter. Andre Ward broke this mans body. He literally couldn't stand and had to sit on the ropes like a child. If you can't stand like a man and fight, the ref has no choice but to stop the fight. Andre Ward wasn't crouching, Andre was dishing out punishment. He literally crushed Kovalev to the body. Kovalev, go fight Stevenson or someone else. you can't hang on this level.

Comment

Working...
                      X