No announcement yet.

Ray Robinson, Pacman, Ali Is Third-"Greatest Ever"Voting Over, Debate Begins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    I kinda miss the golden age of tarddom. Now all we have are a dozen or so left. They're like an endangered species.
    They are GGG fans now.

Comment

• I like Manny and think highly of his will & heart but honestly he isn't in my top 50 as an ATG or p4p best boxer/fighter.
      Just because he is a top key figure in this era of boxing history doesn't project him over others who came before him.
      This era alone has better all around fighters right now so rating Pacman as the second best ever is a total disgrace and a "fanboy" conclusion.
      Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        I like Manny and think highly of his will & heart but honestly he isn't in my top 50 as an ATG or p4p best boxer/fighter.
        Just because he is a top key figure in this era of boxing history doesn't project him over others who came before him.
        This era alone has better all around fighters right now so rating Pacman as the second best ever is a total disgrace and a "fanboy" conclusion.
        Ray
        To not rate him in the top 50 just makes you an idiot, or one of them people who massively overrates the old timers. Gloved boxing has been relevant for about 100 years, a little longer. So in your estimation, there has roughly been a boxer every 2 years greater than Manny? Come off it you nostalgic idiot. Manny is heavily overrated by many, but to say he's not in the top 50 is just stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
          Memorial Day should be celebrated on May 2nd as well, in order to pay homage to all the pact@rd lives that were destroyed.
          Hahahahahahaha!!!

What we have here is slow motion pain. Time alone cannot heal the mental and emotional pain Floyd inflicted on the PAC nation.

Post Ployd Beating PAC Disorder. PPBPD it is sad and pathetic at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
            To not rate him in the top 50 just makes you an idiot, or one of them people who massively overrates the old timers. Gloved boxing has been relevant for about 100 years, a little longer. So in your estimation, there has roughly been a boxer every 2 years greater than Manny? Come off it you nostalgic idiot. Manny is heavily overrated by many, but to say he's not in the top 50 is just stupid.
            How old are you kid? Who have you ever seen fight live? Ever laced them up? When did you Start watching boxing? Why did 12 rounds become the norm?
            If you gotta google it, you are a little know nothing punk.

Live at home?

Did Ray say this? (See bold) Explain your deep knowledge of boxing to us all. I am looking forward to your highly informed opinion.
            Last edited by Zaroku; 06-10-2016, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              How old are you kid? Who have you ever seen fight live? Ever laced them up? When did you Starr watching boxing? Why did 12 rounds become the norm?
              If you gotta google it, you are a little know nothing punk.

Live at home?

Did Ray say this? Explain your deep knowledge of boxing to us all. I am looking forward to your highly informed opinion.
              Oh my god you walked into this one. I'm 22, I've had over 80 amateur fights and have reached the national quarter finals twice (losing both times unfortunately) and have a record of 67-19. So you can question my knowledge of boxing, but the likelihood is I have much more experience than you. Have I ever laced them up? Haha I've forgotten more about fighting than you ever knew. I had my first fight when I was 11, and very few on this forum have had more experience than me.

Comment

Oh my god you walked into this one. I'm 22, I've had over 80 amateur fights and have reached the national quarter finals twice (losing both times unfortunately) and have a record of 67-19. So you can question my knowledge of boxing, but the likelihood is I have much more experience than you. Have I ever laced them up? Haha I've forgotten more about fighting than you ever knew. I had my first fight when I was 11, and very few on this forum have had more experience than me.
                PAL boxing 7 years. Was good but not great. Glad we can talk on some common ground.

I was almost 11 when I had my first fight in San Jose back in the late 70's.

Now, 22, ok, that say's a lot. Too much really.

Grew up on Manny !

I give PAC top 25, max. See, my top guys never ended up face down on the canvas for throwing out a weak right jab and jumping in behind it. Sure, we all make mistakes, but, SRR was never face down nearly dead.

Also, old timers did not have the benefit of 5 fight deals with HBO-and showtime to hype them up. Nor did they have social media. They did not have boxingscene so fanboys could state opinions not based in any historical perspective.

Comment

• I didn't call you any names sonny because your opinion doesn't match mine!
                  Why the name calling are you afraid of opinions that differ from yours?
                  I was 22 years old once, at 22 years old I owned my own boxing gym that remains opened today run by one of the young men who trained under me.
                  I've had many state and regional & national champions represent me and my gym name over the years. World champions have trained with me and I've worked corners with and against world competitors and world champions over the years.
                  My gym name has been in existence since 1969 which makes a little older than you!

At 22 years if you've forgotten anything you must not be able to retain much.

Manny is a crowd pleaser and a willing fighter however he lacks a lot of intangibles compared to other greats. For one his defense isn't that highly regarded and he is one dimensional on attack.
                  You seem to think that my placing him around the 50 spot is an insult however to me that's a very high ranking when you consider how many fighters I've seen in my life time.
                  I'm not an idiot young man, I'm a former boxing trainer who's solo income came from boxing.
                  Have a nice day sonny, Ray

Comment

If your ever in Tokyo, I will take you to the Teiken gym and you can get experience sparring with a lot of young Japanese fighters I know. I go there 8 times a month, I am old now, but it is a great place. You would love it.

Plus, you would probably love j women. They would eat you alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      I kinda miss the golden age of tarddom. Now all we have are a dozen or so left. They're like an endangered species.
                      Me too.

2010 was a crazy time here.

Comment

Working...
                      X