Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many accomplished amateurs has Floyd Mayweather fought in the pros?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosley didn't go to the Olympics, neither did Zab or Diego. So far we have Cotto and Oscar who went to the olympics. The other 3 were ok amateurs. Who else?

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
      Mosley didn't go to the Olympics, neither did Zab or Diego. So far we have Cotto and Oscar who went to the olympics. The other 3 were ok amateurs. Who else?
      Did you just change the question?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Did you just change the question?

No, I acknowledged the other 3 didn't I?

Comment

No, I acknowledged the other 3 didn't I?
          Mosley, Corrales and Zab were damn near amateur legends. Cotto was a standout as well. There are more but I have to ask...why don't you just look it up? You have plenty to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            Da Ha ha you's Funny you's must bees the class Clown in GhettoVille
            LOL. You're implying that I'm ghetto and uneducated when my college mascot is my avatar. I know you can do better than that.

Comment

So is this a Floyd is ducking great former Olympians thread??

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                No and I would have thought you'd have enough brains to know that wasn't my intent. I've always respected Floyd but I asked this question because I was thinking about who his next opponent should be. Great amateur fighters have a certain style to them, fast hands, fast feet, good jab and in and out boxing. Oscar, Judah, Mosely and to a lesser extent Cotto have those attributes and in my opinion they gave Floyd quite a bit of trouble. Guys like Canelo, Ortiz, Maidana, JMM don't have that certain style and why they really struggled against Floyd. I think Khan should be Mayweathers next opponent if not Pac because he has all those tributes.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Mosley, Corrales and Zab were damn near amateur legends. Cotto was a standout as well. There are more but I have to ask...why don't you just look it up? You have plenty to go on.
                  Which is why I acknowledged them! Judah would have been an excellent amateur from observation, incredibly fast hands, incredibly fast feet, power and a good jab. Mosley had decent speed, good jab and pretty skilled. I read his missed out because of Vernon Forest who would have been an excellent amateur too. Corrales was a bit slow, didn't think he would have had a good amateur career but ok.

How do you look it up? There's hardly any information about amateur boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    Not quite sure what the angle is yet, but I think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      Back than Floyd had a big mouth If Mosley would have confronted him he would have been like a scared mouse as he was with Margarito he'll back than Castillo gave him a beat down could imagine what Mosley would have done special with Mosley being on The Clear. I'm sure he would have never tired in 2 rounds as he did when he was a shell of himself
                      You responded to facts with a hypothetical.

Comment

Working...
                      X