Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praise him!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      without religious organization we'd still be in the stone age. religion was an ancient form of government / order. it moved our civilization forward.
      Utterly absurd. It was because of Christianity that Europe went through a dark ages. Today, the Muslim world is still in the dark ages. Just because certain religions were improvements on how some people were living at the time, that doesn't mean we can credit religion with the blossoming of the human brain.

Greek ingenuity & thought was based on rationalism & free-thinking. Religion existed back then, but it certainly wasn't a major component of civilization.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        My wife teaches kindergarten at a Catholic school. They are learning about the stations of the cross. For those who didn't have the benefit of a Catholic education this is the story, one incident at a time, of Jesus' hellish torture and slow cruel murder at the hands of the Romans (but still blamed on the Jews somehow). Except they've removed mention of things like scourging or being nailed to wood and hung out to die in agony because that sort of thing simply wouldn't be appropriate to show young children.

So now it's a guy who just dies and then comes back to life. That's not a saviour. That's Patient Zero.
        stopped reading here

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
          Greek ingenuity & thought was based on rationalism & free-thinking. Religion existed back then, but it certainly wasn't a major component of civilization.
          Tell that to Socrates who was forced into self-pwnage for dissing the gods :geek9:

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            without religious organization we'd still be in the stone age. religion was an ancient form of government / order. it moved our civilization forward.
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Code of Hammurabi is the oldest recorded evidence of law and order created by Babylonian king, Hammurabi. Not influenced by religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Hammurabi

Comment

I actually feel sorry for them.........

Comment

religion is past prime.

kobe's torn achillies has seen better days.

believing in a invisible man living upstairs in the clouds watching your every move makes you look incredibly ignorant and stupid.

it will be completely phased out by modern progressive society.
                Last edited by Ragnar Lothbrok; 04-17-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
                  I agree with this statement.

I was raised a Catholic but I dont believe in "god" these days but at the heart of every religion there is good teachings that tell man to be good and moral.

Its only man that twists religion's teachings to suit themselves and their agenda.
                  Well humanity was lifted from the stone age by tribalism, not religion.

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
                  stopped reading here
                  Yes I understand. The rest of my post contained difficult concepts and lengthy words, no wonder you stopped reading, you might have pulled a muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
                    Utterly absurd. It was because of Christianity that Europe went through a dark ages. Today, the Muslim world is still in the dark ages. Just because certain religions were improvements on how some people were living at the time, that doesn't mean we can credit religion with the blossoming of the human brain.

this one doesn't know when the stone age ended.

and religion was absolutely important to classical greece. that's obviously something else about which you know very little. i've probably read more from that period in the last five years than you even know exists.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                      Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Code of Hammurabi is the oldest recorded evidence of law and order created by Babylonian king, Hammurabi. Not influenced by religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Hammurabi

people who don't share familial kinship grouping together [and establishing norms, culture,] because they worshipped the same gods predates writing.

Comment

Working...
                      X