No announcement yet.

Peter Fury - Both right and wrong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Fury - Both right and wrong

Firstly, he is absolutely correct, Tyson should NOT fight Price this year. However, this is entirely dependent on Tyson not losing in the interim. If he does, his stock goes down quicker than a rabbit on a promise.

The same of course can be said for Price.

These two giants, despite what your own personal opinions are, have managed to stir the HW division, in the UK at least. It’s a shot in the arm and can only be a good thing for boxings champagne division.

I think most people are of the opinion that Price is a far better boxer than Tyson. More affable too. It’s obviously only a matter of time before they collide, but a good promoter worth his salt will draw this out, notch it up, get the public demanding the fight, not just wanting it. If that happens, and both guys remain unbeaten, then the money will soar, the crowds will bulge and the interest will spill out beyond the UK.

Peter Fury claiming that they don’t want the fight because they don’t believe Price is on the same level is laughable. He should be honest.

No one is afraid of anyone here. Tyson is a travelling man, trust me, the Fury’s are a invocative and proud breed of people, who fear no man. NO man.

If i were their promoters I’d bide my time, wait for the big K’s to retire then move in.

Fight fans might not like it, but this is boxing and it’s how the game works, always has done.

i agree mostly. The problem, as you pointed out, is that this is boxing. Any fighter can lose at any time. Look at what Bob Arum tried to do with Gamboa Lopez...

I can see this being a very difficult fight to make. Both guys are signed to different promoters, who in turn have deals with different tv channels. Also both guys are draws, this could make the financial side a drag (we've already seen Fury turn down offers from Malony).

Id prefer the fight to happen now or at least very soon, there is already massive interest in the fight. If one loses its not the end of the world (see Groves vs Degale), an then we have potential for another match up if they both reach world level.

Comment

Working...
    X