Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto vs. Andre Berto, Who takes it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto wins in an entertaining fight with allot of good exchanges, both guys having their moments, but in the late rounds Berto won't be able to take Cotto's pressure & might get ko'd.

Comment

Cotto doesn't have Guerrero's beard and is open to uppercuts. He should beat Berto by mauling, but if Berto gets those powerful uppercuts going Cotto could easily be stopped.

Comment

Cottos by far the better fighter. With that said, cotto would really need to focus on tightening his defense against the uppercuts, cause berto has a brutal one.

Would rather see guerrero and cotto fight

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Cotto destroys him.
          Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Cotto would obliterate Berto.
          As you both know, I hold both of ya'lls opinion in very high regard. I think Cotto outclasses Berto at 154, but at 147 it's a much closer fight. Do ya'll think that Cotto crushes Berto at any weight?

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
            Cotto doesn't have Guerrero's beard and is open to uppercuts. He should beat Berto by mauling, but if Berto gets those powerful uppercuts going Cotto could easily be stopped.
            Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
            Cottos by far the better fighter. With that said, cotto would really need to focus on tightening his defense against the uppercuts, cause berto has a brutal one.

Would rather see guerrero and cotto fight
            The two of you make very solid points, my question is this. We all know Cotto leans forward a tad bit too much, whould it be safe to say that Cotto would indeed taste more than a few Berto uppercuts? Berto's uppercuts can(IMO)change the fight if this bout is ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
              The two of you make very solid points, my question is this. We all know Cotto leans forward a tad bit too much, whould it be safe to say that Cotto would indeed taste more than a few Berto uppercuts? Berto's uppercuts can(IMO)change the fight if this bout is ever made.
              When I picture the fight I think Cotto has to fight a rough infight to avoid Bertos speed. I also can't picture any way that Cotto figures out how to stop uppercuts after being open for them his entire career. Guerrero took some shots I don't believe Cotto can take.

Comment

Berto is getting beat up and dropped by blown up super featherweights. Cotto literally ends his career before 5 rounds

Comment

You did not say the weight for this fight but I like Cotto to win by KO at 154 or 147. I never thought Cotto was ever drained at 147 or the 145 he fought Pacquiao at. I think 147 is where he belongs. He is much smarter and more skillful than Berto. Berto is a guy with even less stamina than Cotto and Berto has a worse chin than Cotto. I give Berto a puncher's chance to win. Cotto punches harder than Guerrero and should take Berto out.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                    When I picture the fight I think Cotto has to fight a rough infight to avoid Bertos speed. I also can't picture any way that Cotto figures out how to stop uppercuts after being open for them his entire career. Guerrero took some shots I don't believe Cotto can take.
                    I agree with Guerrero taking shots that Cotto just cant take, which is why I believe this fight at 147 would be so much closer than my fellow posters seem to think. But Berto has now shown that he can be rough as well, so it makes the bout even that much more intriguing to me. Thanks for your comment Moto, it is truly refreashing to engage in a healthy conversation about Boxing with a fellow fan of the sport.

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    Berto is getting beat up and dropped by blown up super featherweights. Cotto literally ends his career before 5 rounds
                    Is the Ghost a blown up SFW, or a true WW that has been masquerading as a SFW? When you say he's a blown up SFW Maniac you take alot of credit away from Guerrero IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      You did not say the weight for this fight but I like Cotto to win by KO at 154 or 147. I never thought Cotto was ever drained at 147 or the 145 he fought Pacquiao at. I think 147 is where he belongs. He is much smarter and more skillful than Berto. Berto is a guy with even less stamina than Cotto and Berto has a worse chin than Cotto. I give Berto a puncher's chance to win. Cotto punches harder than Guerrero and should take Berto out.
                      I dont think he was drained at 147, but I do however think he was drained at 145. JMHO.

Comment

Working...
                      X