Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little throwback quote from Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people wanted, as well as HBO, for Ward to fight Kovalev, and he did.
    Alvarez, younger than both Ward and Golovkin, lost his 0 to Mayweather at 152, took risks, fought Lara... earned his right to negotiate A side.

Golovkin, 35, only thing ggg fans have going is Jacobs. If he loses to Jacobs, another #48 episode in the works! stay tuned!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      wards promoter pays him extra on top of the fight purse. paid him 3 million extra for kovalev so in reality it would not be a 50-50 split. if ward wanted the fight he should have budged on the offiical purse and been subsidized by his promoter. still would have made more.

yeah and you think 50-50 is fair how? more popular guy only deserves 50-50? since when does that apply? only in this fight because you love ward and hate ggg. just pretend you don't hate them for a second. pretend its fighter a who is popular vs fighter b who is not. fighter b wants to fight for 50-50 what do you say?

also wards timing was suspect. ggg signs to fight lemiuex and is next scheduled to fight canelo but you expect him to take a ward fight...really?
      What?

WTF are you talking about?

To make the fight, you are saying that Ward should have, in essence, cut Golovkin in on Ward's own personal promotional deal with Roc Nation?

That is taking "fanboy" further than I have seen in a while.

Why would one prizefighter sacrifice part of a deal that had nothing to do with another fighter?

By that logic, Lil g should have took short money to make sure the Canelo fight was made.

You for that?

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
        Good Lord...

A video with a direct quote from GGG gets posted, and his fans come out from who knows where and immediately go on the offensive!

**** me, the levels of fanatical support are unfathomable.
        Incredible isn't it? This thread got damn near 9 pages now I think? Them boys come out like ants to a sugar party.
        Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        Hey ggg how about Ward?

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        ima post this again:

ANYONE DOE!
        Originally posted by BreWall View Post
        This is all you need to read, really:
        Golovkin:
        "Hey, Ward, wake up! Why are you talking trash about other people? Speak for yourself. If you're trying to make a name for yourself by mentioning me to build up your own fight, then be a man about it and tell the truth. At our meeting with HBO they asked us whether we are ready to box. You know our answers - I said yes, you said no. You said something about your shoulder or promoter - I'm not interested in the reason, I only heard your "no."
        So, GGG was all about action while Ward was caught up in court and with shoulder problems? Didn't GGG also try to drain him to 164?
        Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        According to a source with knowledge of the situation, a long-time friend and confidant of undefeated middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin recently revealed that his own promotional/management team purposely advised him not to pursue a potential showdown with undefeated former world champion Andre Ward. We're told that shortly before Golovkin's 2nd round knockout of mandatory challenger Dominic Wade, his childhood friend from Kazakhstan struck up a conversation with world-class trainer Virgil Hunter, who was also in attendance at the fights and happened to be seated right next to our source.

According to our source, after showing Hunter several pictures of himself and Golovkin throughout the years, the friend began to share with Hunter a discussion that he and Golovkin previously had regarding a potential showdown with undefeated former world champion Andre Ward. "I was angry with him; he would not fight Andre Ward. I begged him. I tell him he had to for respect. He said, 'No, the promoters don't want me.' I say, 'Don't hide behind promoters. You can get the fight. You have to fight Ward for respect.' He said, 'No, not right now.' I asked him, 'Are you afraid?' He repeated, 'No, the promoters don't want me.' He got so mad," the friend reportedly said to Hunter during their conversation.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article24408.html
        Originally posted by daggum View Post
        fighthype...seriously? propaganda for haymon. unnamed source lmao. this is the fox news/trump equivalent of "some people say...." then you say some bullsh-it you made up. "some people say obama is a terrorist. you decide!"
        I wasn't aware Ward was a Haymon fighter? Weird... I need to catch up with my boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
          So what fighters did GGG refuse to fight?
          I personally don't think Golovkin has necessarily refused to fight anyone but I do think it was complete BS when his team gave media interviews saying Ward had to meet them at 164..... anybody else did that and those zealots would be singing a different tune, talking about how it's an obvious ploy to weight drain a threatening opponent but for Lord Golovkin??..... nah there's no problem with that.

Same thing with him fighting Brook after criticising Canelo for fighting Khan, it was a classic case of pot calling the kettle black. Yeah Canelo has shamelessly ducked Golovkin but you can't turn around and do the same shyte you just said was inexcusable. His fans had all sorts of excuses about how Brook was a natural MW and bigger than Golovkin.... yeah that's why he's back at 147.

Comment

koolkc107 Manhandling these boys all on his own. I like this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Which ones are these? You mean the guys he lost to? Martin Murray has a great resume like that.

They're not elite, those don't get shut out by Devon Alexander or go life and death with welter Julio Diaz
              Belts in 4 weight classes.

You could make a good argument that his legacy is better than Lil g's right now.

Don't know if I would, but it's out there.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                koolkc107 Manhandling these boys all on his own. I like this guy.
                I cannot take credit for manhandling folks at war with reality.

That's like feeling great for winning a spelling bee vs toddlers.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                  I personally don't think Golovkin has necessarily refused to fight anyone but I do think it was complete BS when his team gave media interviews saying Ward had to meet them at 164..... anybody else did that and those zealots would be singing a different tune, talking about how it's an obvious ploy to weight drain a threatening opponent but for Lord Golovkin??..... nah there's no problem with that.

Same thing with him fighting Brook after criticising Canelo for fighting Khan, it was a classic case of pot calling the kettle black. Yeah Canelo has shamelessly ducked Golovkin but you can't turn around and do the same shyte you just said was inexcusable. His fans had all sorts of excuses about how Brook was a natural MW and bigger than Golovkin.... yeah that's why he's back at 147.
                  Why didn't he fight Brook at 154? Why didn't he meet the guy in the middle?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    He sent it after fighting Smith at 172 on BET in 2015. It was meant to be for first half of 2016, after another tune-up for Ward. Coincidentally Gggs Canelo Mando was originally due in may 2016
                    Exactly he sent it in June 2015, so he hadn't made 168 in a year and a half not nearly 3 years.....I assume the tune up would have taken place at 168 also.

I have no problem with Golovkin not accepting the Ward offer, he had every fight to go after the Canelo fight, though I always thought that fight would never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post

164 for Ward meant he wasn't on the radar. If the B sider off BET is that much bigger to make a CW impossible, he shouldn't be looking so far down to revive his career.

Brook was a late stand-in, whose promoter brought a career high money and Uk ppv exposure. Boxers don't pass on that cause it's too easy

Comment

Working...
                      X