No announcement yet.

A little throwback quote from Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little throwback quote from Golovkin

Face Of Boxing Ask and thou shall receive.

People seem to have short term memory loss when it comes to Golovkin. Idk why but that seems to be the case around this place.

Never forget ladies and gents:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/bo...-at-154160-168

Comment

so what? what's your point?

where are these offers from 154 fighters and andre ward?

are you referring to the infamous email from Ward while Golovkin was in a training camp?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        Face Of Boxing Ask and thou shall receive.

People seem to have short term memory loss when it comes to Golovkin. Idk why but that seems to be the case around this place.

Never forget ladies and gents:

Is this vid from 2013? from when HBO made a meeting with Ward and Golovkin and Golovkin accepted the fight and Ward said no?

"Hey, Ward, wake up! Why are you talking trash about other people? Speak for yourself. If you're trying to make a name for yourself by mentioning me to build up your own fight, then be a man about it and tell the truth. At our meeting with HBO they asked us whether we are ready to box. You know our answers - I said yes, you said no. You said something about your shoulder or promoter - I'm not interested in the reason, I only heard your "no."
        Golovkin will move up or down for a big money fight. And will fight the best at 160. Can you criticize that? I don't think so.

Regarding moving up or down, explained by a non GGG fan here https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=710759

Comment

50/50 164 when GGG was the champ at 160 and ward was the champ at 168.

Ward walked away. this is a fact. he made 0 concessions because he ducked. "I WILL MAKE NO CONCESSIONS!" - Ward

That translates to I'm scared out of my tree, i won't even negotiate.

Comment

Awesome, now when are these sissies going to fight him? Ward declined, cantselo is stalling. Lara is twittering, cotto ran like a *****. Who is left?

Comment

Honestly, when was this mythical GGG v Ward fight supposed to happen? When ward was inactive and spent more time in courtrooms than in a ring? Or the time he told HBO he couldnt because of injury? Or when he fought at 170+ against bums?

I know people hate various fighters for very obvious reasons but you cant really call out GGG for not taking the Ward fight when it was never on the table. Its like the excuse Ward made when he said he would have ofught Bute but he needed to go on holiday first lol Or when on Sky he said he owuld have rematched Froch if Froch had called him out...only moments after Sky had aired a video of Froch calling for a Ward rematch (a little before or after the BUte fight, I can't remember).

Ward is a proven liar.

Now, talking of 154, did GGG mean he would fight anyone at 154...at the actual weight? I don't know. Did he mean he'd fight a 154 pounder who was willing to come up, at least in some sort of catchweight (157 or even 155)? I don't know. What I do know is that after Canelo said "Mexicans dont **** around"...he moved down to 154 to fight SMith or whoever that guy was lol And now the excuse is they're waiting for September.

Again, kinda difficult to blame GGG for that too.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                50/50 164 when GGG was the champ at 160 and ward was the champ at 168.

Ward walked away. this is a fact. he made 0 concessions because he ducked. "I WILL MAKE NO CONCESSIONS!" - Ward

That translates to I'm scared out of my tree, i won't even negotiate.
                You offer a 164 catchweight to someone who hasn't been anywhere near that weight in well over a decade (if ever) and call that a negotiation?

That is a way of admitting you dont really want the fight with Ward.

Especially if you were negotiating with Froch and Jr and others at the full 168...

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                  You offer a 164 catchweight to someone who hasn't been anywhere near that weight in well over a decade (if ever) and call that a negotiation?

That is a way of admitting you dont really want the fight with Ward.

Especially if you were negotiating with Froch and Jr and others at the full 168...
                  Ward wanted to fight floyd at 160 doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
                    Awesome, now when are these sissies going to fight him? Ward declined, cantselo is stalling. Lara is twittering, cotto ran like a *****. Who is left?
                    According to this little gang of no life nerdling ggg haters, GGG is terrified to fight erislandy 'the rabbi destroyer' lara

Comment

Working...
                    X